Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM

Default Pre-trip report

*sigh*

So, last minute gear get together for a trip to six lakes. Food, check, refills for thermacells, check, few little bits of new gear to test, yup, got it all. Ran into a friend who has no sense of time. Stopped and listened. And listened ...

Oh yeah, two seperate stores, two seperate self check outs, managed to break them both.

I hate borrowing gear but needed a trailer for quads. Friend didn't come home until after eight thirty, ran forty minutes south, picked up trailer, came home, loaded quads in dark and strapped.

About that time, neighbour's party broke up and drunken guy stumbles towards his car. friend asks him not to drive and helps pick him off the lawn and into the car. Car drives off. Fifteen minute phone call later ...

Since my phone died on wednesday and i got a new loaner from Bell until mine is repaired/replaced, my alarm didn't go off as it usually does. Load and pack/prep, bring out to the truck ...

stupid remote starter, the auto timer on locking the doors doesn't work with it and I must've hit it. Maps on front seat, Ipod gone (busted screen anyways but still! it played my music. It'll brick itself without the password but still!) shackle from recovery bag in front seat ... sat phone in BIG ORANGE CASE in back is still there. Dumb me! Dumber them!

Get to work, start ticking in my head ... riding boots still by front door and forgot a dish towel ...

Typical start to a trip, eh?

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.