Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 PM

Question Pigeon or Lac St.Anne

Hey everybody, i'm planning a trip to the lake on Saturday with my girlfriend and was looking for some updates. I saw an update on Pigeon in a post a few days ago, but i was wondering if anyone has been to Lac St.Anne lately. How's the fishing, and how bad is the algae?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 PM

Hit lac ste Anne last 3 nights...only 3 jacks caught in about 8 hours...lake is more green than the fish tank in finding nemo!!! Dead whitefish EVERYWHERE probably counted close to 50 just by the boat launch
Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess it'll be Pigeon.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:34 PM

We have been at pigeon the last three times, 70 plus fish days, minnow/jig, right on the bottom, to 5 to 7 feet off the bottom, or troll with perch shad rap, you will want to leave the lake by noon, believe it or not, all at the provincial park drop off, however all parts of the lake produce ... very well good be Alberta's best walleye lake, now and into the future!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:42 AM

Well we hit Pigeon at 9am and had a very slow morning. We had landed 7 fish by 1:45pm, which totally surprised me. There were 2 older guys in a tinner a 150ft from us and they were slaying them all morning, but none of the other 8 boats were having any luck. What was even more surprising was that at 2pm the bite turned on. When we left the lake at 5pm we has landed a total of 70 fish. It was extremely windy all day, but it ended up being an awesome trip.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 AM

Hit Pigeon yesterday for the first time yesterday with Geezel. We didnt get on the water till 1:00, but quickly made up for lost time in 1-3lb walleye. The bite slowed down toward evening, but still ended up with around 30-35 walleye each, plus a couple small gaters. I noticed that ppl are not shy to basically come pull up right beside you and anchor . Felt like tying on a 5 ounce pyrimid sinker and taking out some peoples windshields or outboard cowling.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeHaw View Post
Hit Pigeon yesterday for the first time yesterday with Geezel. We didnt get on the water till 1:00, but quickly made up for lost time in 1-3lb walleye. The bite slowed down toward evening, but still ended up with around 30-35 walleye each, plus a couple small gaters. I noticed that ppl are not shy to basically come pull up right beside you and anchor . Felt like tying on a 5 ounce pyrimid sinker and taking out some peoples windshields or outboard cowling.
I've noticed that too. Amazing since there is really no structure to speak of. Basically hit 20' anywhere in front of the PP and wait for a school to roam by.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnKokanee View Post
We have been at pigeon the last three times, 70 plus fish days, minnow/jig, right on the bottom, to 5 to 7 feet off the bottom, or troll with perch shad rap, you will want to leave the lake by noon, believe it or not, all at the provincial park drop off, however all parts of the lake produce ... very well good be Alberta's best walleye lake, now and into the future!
Not a chance. ..
Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 PM

Was at pigeon 2 weeks ago dropped anchor at exactly the drop off and got about 50 in 3 hours with minnows between 2 of us, next day went out a little farther past the drop off and maybe 10, all fish were walleye except a few pike, I think it's best to stay closer to the drop off. Sure is a fun lake.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:54 PM

You're right about the boats coming close and anchoring. I has a pontoon boat anchor 30ft behind me and a couple of other boats come right beside me. One guy tried to anchor right in front of me but my anchor line was in his way. It was like they were circling the wagons. Most of them didn't even know how to operate their $30k boats properly.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:38 PM

If it's not the wakeboard boats its the fishing boats...

This lake was just called "one of Alberta's best walleye fisheries" by another member. Don't expect to have it to yourself...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 PM

Hunting season is upon us, in a couple weeks the skiers will be gone along with the hunters, leaving the lake almost empty. Not only that, but the biggest fish will be feeding heavy like always in the fall!!! Fishing starts soon!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:57 PM

Lac st anne, the pike seem bigger there this year as well and even some bigger walleye.