Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-30-2020, 09:45 PM

Default Cold lake hevn :)

Firstly I would like to say It was a pleasure meeting you today Mat (Mat Weaver). Thank you for all you help over the past many months helping and teaching me on how to catch Lakers.

Today was an amazing day on the water. Myself and two friends caught 70+ Lakers jigging . The average sizes were between 29 and 35 . Our largest was 70. I am sore from catching soo many Lakers, LOL. What an incredible day!!!!!

Take care all . Tight Lines be safe out there .
Old 07-31-2020, 01:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

No pics?

Matt who?

Another fishing story.....

It truly is amazing when you can tell people you got sore arms from fishing and never really had time to eat unless you did not put a line in the water.

This lake rocks

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-31-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
No pics?

Matt who?

Another fishing story.....

It truly is amazing when you can tell people you got sore arms from fishing and never really had time to eat unless you did not put a line in the water.

This lake rocks
58thecat "(Matt who?)" your awesome!!!!! lmao
Old 07-31-2020, 03:17 PM

Lol...The first time I took my Significant Other up to Cold there came a time when she actually called "Time Out!" She couldn't reel in another fish...she was seriously Fished out! She flopped down in the bench seat and said" Never in my life would Have thought it possible to be worn out by reeling in fish!" We now have a 10 fish rule...she lands 10 we take a 20 minute break before the line goes back in...hopefully the lake maintains its glory!
Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawjacker View Post
58thecat "(Matt who?)" your awesome!!!!! lmao
Yeah he really knows how to put people on the fish.....I think he is the laker whisperer....

Old 08-02-2020, 08:12 AM

Sounds like a Good Time. I bought my boat second hand from Cold lake but never been up there to fish it. I also have never caught a Laker... ITs got down riggers etc...
Do you troll or jig for them mostly..
Old 08-02-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Sounds like a Good Time. I bought my boat second hand from Cold lake but never been up there to fish it. I also have never caught a Laker... ITs got down riggers etc...
Do you troll or jig for them mostly..
I prefer trolling for lakers simply cuz winter I sit and jig but I tell ya both are really effective for catching lakers.....find the shelves, bait balls and sit on it to jig or troll a figure 8 pattern through that area.....be prepared to change up the lure cuz something so suttle as in Color could be the difference between fishing and catching.....oh and depth too....just find'em and then see what they want that particular time....

I was out in my yak the other day dropping a Gibbs minnow spoon on'em.....they hit it or it hit them....used an ice fishing rod too...was fun

Old 08-02-2020, 06:47 PM

if you want a good fight out of your fish jig , and do not horse them up to fast
Old 08-03-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
Lol...The first time I took my Significant Other up to Cold there came a time when she actually called "Time Out!" She couldn't reel in another fish...she was seriously Fished out! She flopped down in the bench seat and said" Never in my life would Have thought it possible to be worn out by reeling in fish!" We now have a 10 fish rule...she lands 10 we take a 20 minute break before the line goes back in...hopefully the lake maintains its glory!
just got off the lake...slow start but after a few hours managed 14 to the boat..lost a double header and many strikes on the willow leaf which makes us reel in to reset the pink lady.....arms do get sore/tired but man what a blast cuz ya never know just how big the laker will be....always hoping for the one

Old 08-05-2020, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawjacker View Post
Firstly I would like to say It was a pleasure meeting you today Mat (Mat Weaver). Thank you for all you help over the past many months helping and teaching me on how to catch Lakers.

Today was an amazing day on the water. Myself and two friends caught 70+ Lakers jigging . The average sizes were between 29 and 35 . Our largest was 70. I am sore from catching soo many Lakers, LOL. What an incredible day!!!!!

Take care all . Tight Lines be safe out there .
Love hearing stories like this as its why I make those videos! And this right here is my motivation to keep making more. Always a pleasure to finally meet up and put a face to the username and hear how successful the day panned out.

I've got quiet a few messages over the last few weeks and its great to hear all the great questions and how the adventures up to cold lake turned out.

thanks again and tight lines!