Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-26-2012, 02:51 PM

If it starts to be to much of a problem, I would be willing to sacrifice myself and take some of your burdon off your hands. Lol
Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Don't listen to these guys.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in the looooong recovery process.
But what if I don't want to recover?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
But what if I don't want to recover?
We have a group for that too. It's called the AO fishing Forum.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-27-2012, 04:46 PM

Geezle,

You are sick, but you are not alone, I too have the same inoperable condition, unfortunately mine seems to be in a far more advanced stage and I'm now terminal.

Case in point, last week I added another pricey setup courtesy of the fishing hole's sale.

You just never know with these things, they just seem to get worse and worse.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:38 PM

Default Just wait till you get the taste to go salt water!

I thought my fresh water gear collection was getting out of hand, now when I go shopping its a double hit! Salmon gear gets expensive quickly, and you need a heck of a tackle box to go with it.

Not only I find myself wondering the isles looking for fresh water gear I always end up coming home with a flasher or halibut jig or some sort of saltwater tackle that drives the wife crazy! I truly believe its a sickness, because I usually run the same rig over and over and just keep collecting gear I will probably never use!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:19 PM

Between summer and ice and the yard salers and flea market rods, at last count i had 38. don't worry, you're good. I hide em in the garage, she never goes out there. Although most of the garage sale ones are stocked to give to first time fishermen and kids. I've given many kids their first rod. its the best.keep going and kick the old stuff to newbies. feels great and thins out the herd. And that total doesn't include the 12 tip ups or the 9 tackle boxes!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browning375 View Post
I thought my fresh water gear collection was getting out of hand, now when I go shopping its a double hit! Salmon gear gets expensive quickly, and you need a heck of a tackle box to go with it.

Not only I find myself wondering the isles looking for fresh water gear I always end up coming home with a flasher or halibut jig or some sort of saltwater tackle that drives the wife crazy! I truly believe its a sickness, because I usually run the same rig over and over and just keep collecting gear I will probably never use!
Amen! Throw in salt water and the problem is very serious. Then try to match fly fishing to both fresh and salt water and you have crossed boundaries you should not have.