Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-16-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
I can say from experience that having the paper copy in my back pack in my truck about 75m from where I was got me a ticket last year. We where having a small fire after sunset to warm up before leaving the area. Had put my pack in the truck but still had my rifle with me due to the fact there are Grizzlies in the area.
Weren't you no longer hunting and just sitting by the fire? How is that hunting? What would the ticket be for? Sitting by the fire without a license? Just wondering how that works.

P.S. It is more efficient to warm up in your vehicle
Old 11-16-2018, 11:43 AM

Unless... the hunter is not a resident...? Then see the regulations. I’m not trying to be a ***** but it is our responsibility to know what we are doing.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywroe View Post
Thank you sir.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Double check that advise. If you are a resident it was correct approximately 20 years ago.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 PM

Just to be clear I always have and will continue to carry the paper copy, was just curious if anyone had tried the electronic version and what the experience was when checked. I like the idea of a 48 hour delay until your tag becomes valid though
Old 11-16-2018, 02:28 PM

The poster from the thread about calling the F&W on himself mentioned that he did not have a paper copy with him and showed it to the officer on the phone and he said the officer "gave him a slack" or something along the lines.

I carry paper.

As for shooting something first and buying a license after... I am not sure, but there is gotta be a reason for the time stamp on your license indicating when it was purchased.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I don't get the requirement for signing fishing licenses. What for? If there is a good reason to sign a fishing license there must be a good reason to sign hunting licenses, right?

It's the same in AB...…..must sign fishing licenses
I don't get it either but it is what it is I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
It’s very easy to sign things on your mobile device though, do it for work papers and deliveries all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still illegal here in Sk, you must have an original paper copy.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywroe View Post
I have read the regs which is why I asked the simple question. If YOU know then why not help a fellow hunter out with a honest question he has.

I have re-read the regs as per your recommendation and still can not find the answer to my question...
Please enlighten me with your supreme knowledge and understanding of my question...

This is exactly the reason I and other just read and don't post much. Someone asks a simple question and some of you jump down the guy's throat. IF you don't know the answer to a question then scroll on buy. Some of you "fellow hunters" on the forum are a bunch of *****! Holy than thou kinda mentality.

Have a great day
Jay
Jay, jay, jay, just saying that a lot of people put thier interpretation of the regs out there and then someone runs off of that and ends up on the wrong side of the law.....no holier than thow bs etc just keeping it simple stupid is all....if you don't believe me see some other threads and posts and all the assumptions that end up in a tail spin.....have a great day.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-17-2018, 09:33 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Very clear as long as you are clear. The officer has no word, you are the only one who knows your intent.

Private land scenario.

Officer- Hunting today?

You- Just coyotes.

End of story, don’t let Columbo badger you.
Never had Colombo badger me but there was this time Charlie's Angels had there way with me......

No complaints here

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-17-2018, 10:46 AM

Default You want to be technical

Here is a good read from a reliable source. I would rather have my hard copy. Reason being that we are not yet paperless, but we can buy anything on line.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...-5/page-5.html
Old 11-17-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Weren't you no longer hunting and just sitting by the fire? How is that hunting? What would the ticket be for? Sitting by the fire without a license? Just wondering how that works.

P.S. It is more efficient to warm up in your vehicle
FW probably asked if he was hunting.he said yes
Technically he is hunting without his tags on him. Very important to be crystal clear when answering FW. Correct answer would be sitting by a fire. I know it sounds pretty obvious but,,,,