Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM

Default Forks update/Murray Dam question

Went to the forks for a 3 day camping trip early this week. Never been. Very beautiful! So nice to find free camping in such a nice location. 3 of us fishing pretty constant for 3 days - lazy man style, jus rigs from shore. Did a little trolling but not to far. Very slow! River is just too murky and fast right now it seems. We only caught 6 goldeye, 1 walleye, 1 burbot(nice size), and 2 smaller sturgeon. Everyone else that was fishing never had much luck either. 1 dude caught a nice pike though. We had a blast though! for sure going back.
Murray dam- only been there once last year and the bugs were insane so after 10 minutes we left. Anyone been there lately? How's the fishin? Usually fish the S.S.R. but while I wait for it to settle thought I'd hit up some lakes.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 AM

Guess I'm gonna have to find out for myself lol. It's wrangling time!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Been to Murray three times this year, we only cought fish once. 3 fish in like 4 hours but no one else was catching anything. I dont know if its just me but it seems alot slower than last year.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Thanx Coltprins for the update! That being said I think I'll make my way back to Rattlesnake or maybe hit up Bullshead. Thanx again.....o ya, where abouts were u fishing the lake and if u don't mind me asking what were u using? How's the weeds out there right now?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 PM

We were just fishing off the dam, by the pumphouse thing. the weeds were there but were not realy that bad. One was cought on the bigest len thompson red and white we had, 1 on a hot firetiger mepps syclops#2 and the third was on a bright orange mepps syclops #3.