Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2020, 08:45 PM

That sucked but it’s okay cause when I win the 50/50 tonight I’ll start feeling better.

Alexis. Lafrenière welcome to Oil Country.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Whelp.......

This kinda sucks... not gon lie.

Kinda sucks like this nice cuttbow or rainbow I got on dryfly on the OMR today.... too a crap tonn of line... ran all over the pool....
Then found the ledge rock.. two down runs over da rock

n snap.

Then ya stand there all dumbfounded goin WTH.....?
Buddy, that sounds way better than watching a hockey game.....that sounds like living a good life!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted canuck View Post
buddy, that sounds way better than watching a hockey game.....that sounds like living a good life!
x100
Old 08-07-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
This is 100% bang on. Break up one of the top 3 lines in the NHL pre Covid. Starting Smith. Ridiculous. Koskinen was better for 3/4 of the year.

Players weren't ready. Played lije they didn't want to be there.

The majority of the blame is on the coach trying to be the smartest guy in the room and failing miserably.

Better team won by a country mile.
All that being said. No need to fire Tippet or Holland. We’re all lucky to see playoff hockey this year.

BW
Old 08-07-2020, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
All that being said. No need to fire Tippet or Holland. We’re all lucky to see playoff hockey this year.

BW
That WASN’t playoff hockey. It was “play IN hockey”. THe Soilers start the new decade the same as the 2010’s where they only made the playoffs once (thanks to a goalie who now plays for the Flames)
Old 08-07-2020, 09:30 PM

You do realize that was not really a playoff game? This series is just to qualify the teams to play in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
Old 08-07-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
That WASN’t playoff hockey. It was “play IN hockey”. THe Soilers start the new decade the same as the 2010’s where they only made the playoffs once (thanks to a goalie who now plays for the Flames)
Ahhh there he is. The child who is on AO for one reason only. To trash talk on the Oilers thread
Old 08-07-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Ahhh there he is. The child who is on AO for one reason only. To trash talk on the Oilers thread
That's what ignore is for...has worked very well for me. *click* and you will not have to listen to his spew.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-07-2020, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
That's what ignore is for...has worked very well for me. *click* and you will not have to listen to his spew.
Poor Soiler fans. They get to talk trash about the Flames but when their welfare receiving team is on the other end, they don’t like it.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Banned

So.. Can we ship you guys and Flames flags for your Trucks? Some of you that are still working might be interested in a actual jersey?

It's ok guys, The Flames are now Alberta's team. Get on board the BANDWAGON.. Its going to be fun!! Lucic might be a great name to have on the back. Did you guys notice he had more points than James Neil?

So many interesting conversations to be had... How did Smith do for you?? I also saw we got the draft pick after all that as well..

Anyhow, come on over to the Flames thread.. Could be up for a while...
Old 08-07-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
So.. Can we ship you guys and Flames flags for your Trucks? Some of you that are still working might be interested in a actual jersey?

It's ok guys, The Flames are now Alberta's team. Get on board the BANDWAGON.. Its going to be fun!! Lucic might be a great name to have on the back. Did you guys notice he had more points than James Neil?

So many interesting conversations to be had... How did Smith do for you?? I also saw we got the draft pick after all that as well..

Anyhow, come on over to the Flames thread.. Could be up for a while...
Good call Jamie!

Hey bessie, you want me to mail you a Flames jersey to wear? I have an extra one....Or a hat?.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
You do realize that was not really a playoff game? This series is just to qualify the teams to play in the playoffs.
It IS play-in hockey, just to see who makes it into the top 8.

However, everyone, including the NHL is calling it the playoffs, so it is the playoffs. I guess.

That being said, the #5 Oilers lost to the #12 Blackhawks. Shouldn't happen, but it recalls back when the first round was 5 games. Plenty of lesser teams prevailed in 5 game series, that is why they expanded to 7 games, to give less effect to a few bounces going the lesser teams way. However, the Oilers took waaay too many penalties, especially in the 3rd game.

That being said, the Oilers are not a complete team. They rely way too much on two players. Any team that has Kassian, who is half a bubble off plumb, is not likely to succeed.

That one Sportsnet commentator that chose the Oilers to win the cup, has to sit there all the rest of the playoffs getting razzed for a ******* choice. The Oilers are to be congratulated for finishing pre Covid in the #5 slot, but if you were honest, that is higher than anticipated. More work needs to be done to support the two players.

Both Holland and Tippet are good at their jobs. Give them another year or two. They might be a contenda!

I'm not an Oiler fan, just being real.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
But no matter how you cut it, the Oilers are still superior to the Flames. Credit where it is due.

It's just all bad luck.
Oiler fans are an odd bunch that's for sure. They ran Talbot out of town, he seems to be doing just fine for us. Pick up Smith they say, way better goalie than Talbot. Now they want to run Smith out of town.

Run Lucic out of town, trade for Neal to upgrade they say. Boy did we win that trade they say. Now Lucic is part of one of the best 3rd lines in the playoffs. Neal? Well he started on the fourth line tonight only because the Oilers weren't allowed to dress a 5th or 6th line I guess. And of course now it's time to run Neal out of town.

Why is it that everything the Oilers touch turns to Soiler?
Old 08-07-2020, 11:17 PM
Banned

Pretty cocky for a team that just beat out a team with their two best players out with injuries.

I’m sure that whoever is matched against the Flames will be very happy with it.

Purchasing anything with Flames on it would hardly be worth buying for the one week of hockey that they’ll be playing.

But who knows, maybe the two best players from every team that the Flames play against will be struck by lightning.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Oiler fans are an odd bunch that's for sure. They ran Talbot out of town, he seems to be doing just fine for us. Pick up Smith they say, way better goalie than Talbot. Now they want to run Smith out of town.

Run Lucic out of town, trade for Neal to upgrade they say. Boy did we win that trade they say. Now Lucic is part of one of the best 3rd lines in the playoffs. Neal? Well he started on the fourth line tonight only because the Oilers weren't allowed to dress a 5th or 6th line I guess. And of course now it's time to run Neal out of town.

Where’d you find that stat or did you just make it up?
Old 08-07-2020, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Pretty cocky for a team that just beat out a team with their two best players out with injuries.

Purchasing anything with Flames on it would hardly be worth buying for the one week of hockey that they’ll be playing.

But who knows, maybe the two best players from every team that the Flames play against will be struck by lightning.
Cocky??? How so? Did Talbot not play better than Smith? What's cocky about that. Facts aren't cocky, they're just facts.

Lucic's play is getting good reviews. Did Neal's? Lucic's line is playing very well, how did Neal's fourth line play? Did they have much of an impact? Is that cocky?

Oh and another fact, one Alberta team made the playoff round this year and one didn't. Is that cocky or just a fact?

The Oiler's look like a heck of a hockey club on paper, especially with the two highest scorers in the league. It's just that they don't play like a very good hockey TEAM, because they still lack depth. Tell us, how long do you think it'll be before McDavid sours on all the crap in Edmonton and wants out? Then where will they be?

Too much verbiage and not enough imoji's for ya?
Old 08-07-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:

1) you play the team in front of you. Not gonna apologize for Jets getting injured.
2) we'll have to see. The Flames played harder than all season.
3) regardless, that's a week more enjoyment than someone buying Oilers gear.
4) Flames would be so lucky!

How's the sour grapes?

Even the Leafs came back from 3 down to prolong their series. What's the Oilers excuse? We let the #12 team kick our behind.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:

Some good reading in here for you. Truth can be VERY ugly sometimes.

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nhl/calgary-flames

What a Juggernaut of a team the Flames are
Old 08-07-2020, 11:37 PM

Edmonton just beat Chicago and Calgary both.
Flames and hawks chance for cup....0%
Chance at Lafenriere......0%

Oilers chance at cup....0%
Oil chance at Lafenriere......12.5%

No matter how you look at it, oil is sitting ahead of Calgary right now....
Ever the optimist.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

You look back, I'll look forward. What ever works for you to ease the pain though. Keep up the imoji's they are really cool and sooo adult.

Never claimed a juggernaut, just stated facts, but then that's all a Flames fan has to do to get Oiler's fans singing Glory Days. It's so hard to move forward when all you do is look in the rearview mirror.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:48 PM
Banned

As long as you’re dealing with facts.....How did you determine that the line that Lucic is on is one of the best in the playoffs?
Old 08-07-2020, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
As long as you’re dealing with facts.....How did you determine that the line that Lucic is on is one of the best in the playoffs?
How about you enlighten all of us on a better third line, based on current level of play, still alive in the tournament?

You do understand the difference between a third line's expectations and a first line's don't you?

I never said they were one of the best lines, just best third line. I'm sure they'll take your compliment on confusing them with the best line in the playoffs though.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
How about you enlighten all of us on a better third line, based on current level of play, still alive in the tournament?

You do understand the difference between a third line's expectations and a first line's don't you?

I never said they were one of the best lines, just best third line. I'm sure they'll take your compliment on confusing them with the best line in the playoffs though.
That’s what I thought.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

Right back at you!

https://champsorchumps.us/c/edmonton

Missed the playoffs 20 out of 39 years.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
That’s what I thought.
So you don't say what you think or don't think about what you say? Which is it Orly?
Old 08-08-2020, 12:39 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Fore.....golf for looser....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-08-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Edmonton just beat Chicago and Calgary both.
Flames and hawks chance for cup....0%
Chance at Lafenriere......0%

Oilers chance at cup....0%
Oil chance at Lafenriere......12.5%

No matter how you look at it, oil is sitting ahead of Calgary right now....
Ever the optimist.
The Oilers don't have enough overall depth and one more player means squat. It's the same ol story every year. How many 1st round draft picks have the Oilers had over the years. It's a team sport not an individual sport. I have said this all along I would like to see the Oliers win and succeed but just telling it like it is.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
The Oilers don't have enough overall depth and one more player means squat. It's the same ol story every year. How many 1st round draft picks have the Oilers had over the years. It's a team sport not an individual sport. I have said this all along I would like to see the Oliers win and succeed but just telling it like it is.
I agree. I would love to see them succeed but they are too small and probably the softest team in the league. 1 st round pick will do nothing here. They need to make changes. I said on a previous post I bet some players want out of Edmonton
Old 08-08-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
(Wasn’t a serious post.....)
Old 08-08-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
I agree. I would love to see them succeed but they are too small and probably the softest team in the league. 1 st round pick will do nothing here. They need to make changes. I said on a previous post I bet some players want out of Edmonton
(You as well....) 😂