Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
soiler1

Default coal lake perch

I've heard that there are still decent sized perch still in Coal lake.Has anyone got any info for me?Used to fish for 'em in pigeon years ago but now its hard to find any worth frying that are legal. A buddy did well 2 weeks ago with the jacks on Coal. 1-11 lbs, 1- 9.5 lbs. Both in the warmth of mid afternoon.thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 PM
happy perch fisher

Perch are very hard to find and no one really knows. Not worth it. ps pigion lake perch have been gone since 2003
Old 03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Cats outta

Default Cats outta the bag!

We've been catching some nice perch (10-11")this winter. They seem a little lethargic lately, but there are alot of them. Guys with cameras were seeing tons of little ones. We've spent most of our time on the south end, but I've heard that they are doing ok about a mile south, of the north access. Don't forget that the limit is 5.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
happy perch fisher

Default Re: Cats outta the bag!

Lol where where u fishing because all the guy i talked to on southend said they would only get perch 1 out of every 5 times and very few.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM
danewfy

Default Re: Cats outta the bag!

three of us went down on saturday. caught 4 pike 7-9lbs, and11 perch. all keeper perch. lots of ice but access is getting bad. 4x4's getting stuck trying to get off the ice. kudos to all the kind gents who stuck around to help people get off of the ice at the end of the day. nice to see good samaritans still exist.