Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 06:42 AM

No province has ever prospered under the ndp, they have all failed for the same reason. Public employees are a net loss to the province, and it takes a lot of private industry to pay for them, so you have to encourage private industry, rather than try and destroy it. So how can so many people be too clueless to realize this? It's all about society today, the people that expect to have everything handed to them, rather than having to work for it, the people that live their lives borrowing to the limit, then struggling to make their payments. And that description seems to describe far more big city people, especially in Edmonton, and now Calgary is headed in the same direction.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No province has ever prospered under the ndp, they have all failed for the same reason. Public employees are a net loss to the province, and it takes a lot of private industry to pay for them, so you have to encourage private industry, rather than try and destroy it. So how can so many people be too clueless to realize this? It's all about society today, the people that expect to have everything handed to them, rather than having to work for it, the people that live their lives borrowing to the limit, then struggling to make their payments. And that description seems to describe far more big city people, especially in Edmonton, and now Calgary is headed in the same direction.
100% true. All a voter would have to do is research "successful" NDP governments in Canadian history. There are none, at least when it comes to finances.

Maybe Alberta will soon get our own version of Ontario's "Rae Days". We can call them Nutley Days, because only a Nut couldn't see what's coming next.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
Let’s be clear there is some misdirected anger in my post maybe it’s the PTSD from the last time Rachel was in charge of this province and the amount of sweeping change that was rammed through.The way I see it a vote for the NDP is a vote for sparkle socks and Jagmeat if you are ok with killing industry and prosperity in this province while rewarding the lazy then I guess a vote for the NDP is for you.

Make no mistake I think of Danielle can limp across the finish line to a miraculous victory they will have to replace her with someone that isn’t so polarizing. At this point it seems like every other day she opens her mouth and either endorses someone completely offside (street preacher) or says something stupid it’s almost like she wants to lose.
Lots of people have PTSD from the last time the dippers took the helm. It’ll follow them for a long long time.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Voters look at none of that, they are looking for goodies. It is sad what we have devolved to in the west.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-15-2023, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Dipper cowards don’t even knock, they just slip a pamphlet (next to the no soliciting sign) in the door.
NDP canvassers showed up at my doorstep. I even have UCP banner on front lawn. They asked, who in the family is UCP supporter. I state, “You lookin at him”. Then goes on to ask, does your wife support UCP (almost like NDP trying to create division), yes, she does I answer. I said nice talking to you, good luck….. many UCP supporters whom don’t advertise. Just get out and vote.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
Make no mistake I think of Danielle can limp across the finish line to a miraculous victory they will have to replace her with someone that isn’t so polarizing. At this point it seems like every other day she opens her mouth and either endorses someone completely offside (street preacher) or says something stupid it’s almost like she wants to lose.
She has a tough line to walk - she knows that the UCP is walking a fine line - there are so many Albertans who were not pleased with how the UCP handled the pandemic, and she knows full well that if there still was a Wild Rose party (I'm talking the instance of the one that she formerly led), the UCP would be pretty much done for. The votes she's going to get are from those who are desperately trying to keep the NDP out of power.

The NDP are doing a good job leveraging the unions. They are reaching seniors as well, because they are convincing them that the UCP will cut their services.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
She has a tough line to walk - she knows that the UCP is walking a fine line - there are so many Albertans who were not pleased with how the UCP handled the pandemic, and she knows full well that if there still was a Wild Rose party, the UCP would be pretty much done for.

The NDP are doing a good job leveraging the unions. They are reaching seniors as well, because they are convincing them that the UCP will cut their services.
All lies of course, but who cares about being ethical.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-15-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Voters look at none of that, they are looking for goodies. It is sad what we have devolved to in the west.
And Peter Lougheed wept!

BW
Old 05-15-2023, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
All lies of course, but who cares about being ethical.
Seniors are the easiest to con, which is why most scammers tend to target them, why should the ndp be any different? As for providing benefits for seniors, the ndp will cater to the unions , and most seniors aren't paying union dues.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Seniors are the easiest to con, which is why most scammers tend to target them, why should the ndp be any different? As for providing benefits for seniors, the ndp will cater to the unions , and most seniors aren't paying union dues.
Seniors in this country are all coddled by all parties in this country. Be it Liberals, Conservatives, or NDP parties. At election time the seniors are often promised big, or scared into casting a certain vote.

Post election not much changes for seniors in a positive way. It's really a shame.

BW
Old 05-15-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Post election not much changes for seniors in a positive way. It's really a shame.
That it is.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Seniors in this country are all coddled by all parties in this country. Be it Liberals, Conservatives, or NDP parties. At election time the seniors are often promised big, or scared into casting a certain vote.

BW
Seniors may be promised benefits but when was the last time they actually received significant benefits? The ndp isn't even promising them anything, more like fear mongering.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Seniors are easiest to con (at election time) because most of them watch the news. They grew up in a time where the news was actually the news and they still believe this to be true. It is NOT
Old 05-15-2023, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Seniors may be promised benefits but when was the last time they actually received significant benefits? The ndp isn't even promising them anything, more like fear mongering.
Kind of the same with Healthcare workers.
I have no idea why they hold the NDP in such high regard?

The nurses contract was up when the NDP had a majority and instead of giving them the moon, they deferred negotiations until their term expired and then the UCP ultimately had to deal with it.
Then the nurses complained it wasn't enough.
But what did Rachel really do for them? Squat, that's what.
Lots of blank stares when you point that out to them.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:13 PM

Concerning Notley and the liberal firearms bans.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...vows-1.5596541

She has no clue at all, as the statement below proves.

Quote:
"If you literally need 600 bullets to kill a moose, you probably shouldn't be hunting anything," she said.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-15-2023 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Well she probably owns a .22 gauge you know… for caribou hunts.

BW
Old 05-15-2023, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
NDP canvassers showed up at my doorstep. I even have UCP banner on front lawn. They asked, who in the family is UCP supporter. I state, “You lookin at him”. Then goes on to ask, does your wife support UCP (almost like NDP trying to create division), yes, she does I answer. I said nice talking to you, good luck….. many UCP supporters whom don’t advertise. Just get out and vote.
Hope your right about the advertising/sign thing. Just took pups for a good walk. 1 red sign, 6 blue signs, 184 orange signs. Yikes.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Hope your right about the advertising/sign thing. Just took pups for a good walk. 1 red sign, 6 blue signs, 184 orange signs. Yikes.
Sounds like you need to move to a different neighborhood lol
Old 05-15-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Lol your response is much kinder than I would have replied.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Sounds like you need to move to a different neighborhood lol
Sounds like Edmonton…
Old 05-15-2023, 06:56 PM

Alberta has two bad choices to vote for. Take the best of two evils in this election
Old 05-15-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Sounds like Edmonton…
Yep. West edmonton, never seen so much orange in the past though. Friend in South.... yes. But my hood, again, yikes.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Yep. West edmonton, never seen so much orange in the past though. Friend in South.... yes. But my hood, again, yikes.
That is one reason why I would never live in Redmonton.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Alberta has two bad choices to vote for. Take the best of two evils in this election
You may be wrong
Old 05-15-2023, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Seniors are easiest to con (at election time) because most of them watch the news. They grew up in a time where the news was actually the news and they still believe this to be true. It is NOT
I disagree, most of us have been around long enough to know when we're being lied to and taken advantage of. Of course the parties like to bus us to the polls so we will hopefully vote for their candidate.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-15-2023, 10:09 PM

Quote:

BW
The people who built this country should be treated better, unfortunately they're viewed as pawns by opportunist politicians.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-15-2023, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Kind of the same with Healthcare workers.
I have no idea why they hold the NDP in such high regard?

The nurses contract was up when the NDP had a majority and instead of giving them the moon, they deferred negotiations until their term expired and then the UCP ultimately had to deal with it.
Then the nurses complained it wasn't enough.
But what did Rachel really do for them? Squat, that's what.
Lots of blank stares when you point that out to them.
Thats because the government monopoly ensures Nurses don't have any options and are forced to take whatever scraps the government gives them. The best protection against a bad employer is alternative employers.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:13 PM

Quote:

Must be shooting American style lol
Old 05-15-2023, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
False, we have one evil choice and one choice who has read Ayn Rand and thinks you should be able to make decisions for yourself.

The evil choice will destroy Fort McMurray and ensure your children live in chains paying slavery taxes to the State. Every NDP supporter should call their friends and family in Fort Mac and tell them how they don't care if the home prices tank and ruin them. Fort Mac was very good to me in my early life, I'm not going to stand by and watch it get blown to pieces by ideological politicians.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:21 PM

Closed Thread