Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-03-2023, 08:48 PM

Default Canoe with Electric Motor

Looking for advice. For those with larger canoes with electric motors, what lakes have you been too and recommend? So far I have been to Maligne Lake and few small foothills lakes. Anybody been to Upper Watertown Lake? Focusing on trout but other species are fine. I have a smaller aluminum with outboard that I use on lakes with a good boat launch. I am thinking of lakes where a canoe can put in the water. (Based on Alberta but B.C. and Saskatchewan would fine)
Old 06-04-2023, 02:05 PM

I have a 16' Sportspal square back. I live in Airdrie and have taken mine to Sylvan , Burnstick, Birch, Pine, Pine Coulee, Gleniffer and Glenmore(no motors allowed).

I got caught once in the wind at Sylvan but that was my own fault and now check the wind forecasts often before I go.

I have not taken it to any mountain lakes.

I am heading to Sylvan in a couple hours, if it is too choppy then fallback in Dickson Trout Pond.

I would never go to Newell, every year boats get caught in sudden wind so a canoe would be terrible.
I have tags for Crawling Valley, I know it can be quite windy as well so might shore fish or wait for hard water to fill my tags.