Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-16-2016, 08:12 AM

All gun owners need to stick together. Target shooters sport shooters need to support hunting. Hunters need to support sport and target shooters.

Join CSSA. Join CCFR. More people that join firearms organization the better.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Trudeau isn't that dumb, he wants to be in for more then 1 term. Confiscating rifles pretty well guarantees he's thrown out next election as I'm sure the conservatives would again run on repealing any ban/registry.
It's not about how stupid Trudeau is that will determine if he is voted in for a second term,, it's about how gullible the majority of Canadian voters are. He could ban several makes and models of firearms every year for the next four years, with no valid justification, and people like you would still vote for him, and even go so far as to try and justify his actions.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
Well seeing as weed is on its way to legalization, maybe we can take some pointers from their movement:

1. Defy all laws and carry on with use, possession and aquisition;

2. Stage rallies in front of Parliament and legislature buildings where you openly show your peaceful disdain for the law (perhaps open carry of restricted firearms) while singing songs;

3. Mail politicians samples (perhaps range passes would work better than firearms);

4. Stick together as a community, they did whether they were a billionaire, Doctor, student, total burnout, bong smoker or brownie baker; and

5. Run a huge campaign to debunk myths and run real facts (but avoid sounding like what will be perceived as NRA soundbites) to educate those on the fence of what a ban would accomplish.

Makes the most sense.. Also, shooting ranges should advertise and have more days where they are open to the public to promote the sport. I think if people had the chance to shoot an AR-15 under supervision, they would realize that it is I not the gun that is dangerous, but rather the operator.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Makes the most sense.. Also, shooting ranges should advertise and have more days where they are open to the public to promote the sport. I think if people had the chance to shoot an AR-15 under supervision, they would realize that it is I not the gun that is dangerous, but rather the operator.
and now you start to see why the CFOs put huge regulations and forces insurance requirements that often make it hard for clubs and ranges to allow guests...

Perhaps the NFA can start demanding that the entire firearms regulatory branch fall under a Minister and Department (Public Safety or another make no difference) and not a designated law enforcement agency. At least then people could truly hold a minister accountable.

Last edited by Hat in the Cat; 01-16-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Registry is gone but do you really think that all the information it had was distroyed ? I don't think so.
I have sold and purchased rifles since the registry was abandoned. I have no rifles that were purchased by me prior to when the registry was abolished, so how does this affect me and others who have done the same?
Old 01-16-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I have sold and purchased rifles since the registry was abandoned. I have no rifles that were purchased by me prior to when the registry was abolished, so how does this affect me and others who have done the same?
Again, I ask, what good is the firearm(s) if you can't even use it? Just to look at? Waste of money in my opinion, but hey people spend a fortune on pictures too....
Old 01-16-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Also, shooting ranges should advertise and have more days where they are open to the public to promote the sport.
Less and less ranges are open to the public, and some don't even allow guests to discharge firearms on the property. This trend will continue because of the liability that the club faces if there was to be an incident, and because the existing ranges are becoming busier and busier. My former club used to have free sight in days for the public, but they were discontinued because of the safety issues that resulted from having people that had no clue as to range safety, and because so many non members came out, that it reduced opportunity for the paying members at the most busiest time of the year. And with some clubs implementing membership caps, how do you justify allowing non members to use the facilities when you are turning away people willing to pay for a membership?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:16 AM

Hope this works.
Notice how he calls it a device not a weapon.
We are suppose to trust him/them.

https://youtu.be/YZzHAR0BkPg

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff

Last edited by vcmm; 01-16-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Again, I ask, what good is the firearm(s) if you can't even use it? Just to look at? Waste of money in my opinion, but hey people spend a fortune on pictures too....
The concern is bureaucrat who makes changes to control perceived deficiencies.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:54 AM

Power in numbers. I think everyone should go and get their Rpal and go buy an AR 15 and a few LAR 15 pistol mags. If everybody had one and refused to hand it in the government would have to build some pretty big jails to house all the criminals.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Simply put, the police should not be making the laws. All they are doing is turning many thousands of ordinary law abiding citizens into criminals at their whim. This has absolutely nothing to do with public safety.
Exactly right. Police: the biggest, strongest and most connected gang in the world, and they prefer to not have anyone else with firearms.

The downside is, with the Liberals having a strong majority, letting them legislate firearms laws hasn't worked out too well historically either. Think of Allan Rock.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-16-2016, 11:15 AM

Default Criminal charges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Hope this works.
Notice how he calls it a device not a weapon.
We are suppose to trust him/them.

https://youtu.be/YZzHAR0BkPg
Please correct me if I'm wrong (or agree with me if I am right), but didn't our illustrious RCMP Commissioner just admit to some criminal behaviour in this nationally televised interview? I'd like to know a little about his legal firearm storage situation seeing as how he can get his restricted firearm on before he answers the door to intimidate his daughter's date!!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Power in numbers. I think everyone should go and get their Rpal and go buy an AR 15 and a few LAR 15 pistol mags. If everybody had one and refused to hand it in the government would have to build some pretty big jails to house all the criminals.
I got my RPAL quite some time ago, and my primary interest is handguns, but I did get one AR platform just because. I even took a two day course at our range to become familiar and somewhat proficient with it. It honestly isn't my cup of tea, and one of the last guns I pull out of the vault to go shoot. All the same, I fully support our continued ability to not only own them, but would someday like to see them reclassified as non restricted (as opposed to prohib) so that I could use it on coyote hunts.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Gone Hunting

I still haven't found one single case of a shooter running amok with a semiauto that he has converted to full auto.

How massive is this problem?

Maybe it has nothing to do with semi autos. Maybe it's about getting rid of all privately held firearms.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Banned

I support open carry in the back country
I support any scary looking firearm that is not fully automatic as non restricted
I do not support anything that has no statistics or hard evidence
We all now the stats are very low on mass shootings
We all know stats are very high on people with a loose screw and they can be extremists to a terrifying degree

What I find very troubling is how these isolated incidents depending on the device used and who....I say WHO they are used on to commit an offense can effect so many law abiding people with sane minds.

It seems like the only time we hear more outrage is when the RCMP loose a member and it's almost as if no one else is as important to a degree or how they raise the bar until it effects everyone that is not involved in the incident.

Let's remember this started because a coward said he was thinking about modifying his firearm here. And you know I just watched a video of some young punk who made his own gun with a pile of parts. If we ban everything that can be banned will these incidents still occur?

Absolutely they will ! People will just get smarter on how to do it more effectively.

There are so many things in this world that pose so much greater of a risk to people and yet it's only certain things that cause mass outrage on the device used when any number of devices can cause just as much damage.

I would like to add, I hope the coward that ended those officers life's in the east is someone's girlfriend at the moment and is having a bad day.

It's an unfair stereo type to punish so many people with sane minds.

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 01-16-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Banned

With a little improvisation this particular model can be turned into a full auto device with an added spring here or there. It's really all on the persons mind set and motives. Hopefully this doesn't cause a ban on plumbing supplies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2m7cnBOakI&sns=em

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 01-16-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Banned

Sure hope this is a damn joke....
Old 01-16-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I still haven't found one single case of a shooter running amok with a semiauto that he has converted to full auto.

How massive is this problem?

Maybe it has nothing to do with semi autos. Maybe it's about getting rid of all privately held firearms.
I've often wondered what the scum-bunny in Edmonton that sprayed Cst. Dan Woodall in Edmonton last year was using.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:43 PM

1/Allan Rock and the Liberal party were very open with their ambition and plan to disarm the citizens of Canada. I do not think the long term plan has changed. The new regime will be quieter and more patient with their agenda.
2/If you think the registry does not exist think about High River.
3/The RCMP and the Liberals/NDP want all the SAs. SKS, M305,T97, Mini 14/30,Rem 740 series, Win 100, Brownings, Berettas,all the rimfires and shotguns. I don't think the taxpayers of Canada could afford to pay fair compensation to gun owners.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
One guy did this because he hated women. Not because he had a high cap mag. He also had a hunting knife with him.

Other guy a known criminal who hated the police. Had a firearms ban.

Problem with these types of violence is that all the focus is put on guns. We don't focus on any other type of violence unless it involves guns. Someone kills 5 people with a knife that's OK.

This is the start of banning guns . Wait until the start going after scary military calibers. 303, 3006, 308.
Not only that, his father was Algerian with a strong Islamist back ground.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaempk View Post
1/Allan Rock and the Liberal party were very open with their ambition and plan to disarm the citizens of Canada. I do not think the long term plan has changed. The new regime will be quieter and more patient with their agenda.
2/If you think the registry does not exist think about High River.
3/The RCMP and the Liberals/NDP want all the SAs. SKS, M305,T97, Mini 14/30,Rem 740 series, Win 100, Brownings, Berettas,all the rimfires and shotguns. I don't think the taxpayers of Canada could afford to pay fair compensation to gun owners.
Handguns, do not forget those, great target for the Libs any day.
Once the semi auto long guns are confiscated, the next dangerous gun will be the pump.
They wait until someone will commit a multiple shooting with a pump, then ban all pumps.
Next will be the lever guns. Incrementally chiseling away bit by bit, not affecting all gun owners all at the same time, just segments, so the others get deluded into thinking that it does not affect them and go along like sheep led to slaughter.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:01 PM

Hopefully everyone here bashing the liebs has his membership in one or more pro-gun orgs. paid up to date. Power in numbers, so tell your friends to sign up too.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Depends on the gun, if there are semi autos that can easily be made fully automatic with simple modifications, and you can get high round magazine for. I think we absolutely have to look at those rifles.
Your an idiot raab criminals get the automatics anyways. May as well arm the citizens to protect themselves. You are on here once again spouting off about something you know dick all about trying to start a fight.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
That's why you count, you know when he has to reload. Also how many mags is the perp gonna be able to buy? And carry? Let's say he buys 4 normal mags that gives him 20 shots. Buy 4 high capacity mags and he has 60-120.
It doesn't sound like you have a lot of experience with semi automatic firearms. Here is a video showing how much difference there is between low and high capacity magazines. Also shows how much time you have to rush a shooter.
All I can say is if you rush a shooter unarmed you better have you funeral arrangements done. The demo was done by a U.S. Sheriff.
https://youtu.be/MCSySuemiHU
If the link does not work look up on YouTube sherif demo on how magazine size makes little difference.
Great to watch and a bit of an eye opener for those not familiar with semi autos.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
It doesn't sound like you have a lot of experience with semi automatic firearms. Here is a video showing how much difference there is between low and high capacity magazines. Also shows how much time you have to rush a shooter.
All I can say is if you rush a shooter unarmed you better have you funeral arrangements done. The demo was done by a U.S. Sheriff.
If the link does not work look up on YouTube sherif demo on how magazine size makes little difference.
Great to watch and a bit of an eye opener for those not familiar with semi autos.

After reading post after post of his, I doubt that he has much experience with many firearms of any kind. That would probably qualify him to be one of Trudeau's subject matter experts.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I haven't decided about open carry in the city. Simply because I've seen way to many stabbings and there are a ton of resources so response times usually aren't an issue.

I do support the open carry in rural communities and the wilderness and would like to see that at some point.
I'm done with your ignorance. Hopefully the rest of AO is also.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
That's why you count, you know when he has to reload. Also how many mags is the perp gonna be able to buy? And carry? Let's say he buys 4 normal mags that gives him 20 shots. Buy 4 high capacity mags and he has 60-120.
You obviously have no understanding of our current magazine laws.

You are either a troll or a idiot.

Our laws currently hassle honest people while the gangsters do whatever they want. Do you honestly think someone going on a rampage or involved in a gang shoot out will have a mag pinned to 5? Please.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin View Post
There are more without guns another comment proving how much of a ****ing moron you actually are.
Canada has a 30.8 guns per hundred people. Not everyone owns a gun but most people at least know someone with a gun. I know a few people who will come out shooting with me who don't own guns. Doesn't mean they're against them. As I said if the Libs go after guns again they're idiots. The last time they did it they didn't govern again for 10 years.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
As I said if the Libs go after guns again they're idiots.
What will that make the people that voted for them?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
Thats very informative. I question the results because its obvious the shooter is shooting faster at some points over others. Still might have to re think the whole magazine thing.

I'd still rush the shooter within 20 ft with a rifle or hand gun, that runner was brutally slow and your dead if you stop moving anyways.