Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Wholesale Sports has them
Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 AM

I love my 597 VTR, I have used American, CCI, Wildcat and many other brands and it spits them all out like a dream. Great looking gun, mine has a tactical scope and bipod mounted on the rail. I could count the number of misfires on 3 fingers, I guess that would total 3. But I really put the gun through the ringer with no misfeeds and it is dead on. I also like the trigger pull on this gun much better than my 10/22.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 AM

If anyone wants to know where to get one{597vtr} in southern alberta pm me and i'll let you know. They are $475 tax included. The guy also has the mags.
vcmm
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Default 597

I bought one just before christmas dropped a nice little red dot scope on and have been nothing but impressed with the gun it is accurate, feeds great only complaint is that ive had problems with the 30 shot mags stacking inside and not feeding the ammo up I bought 4 mags and 2 work well. The clear plastic ones seem to function better for some reason maybe just smoother. Anyway I wanted a sr22 but went the cheaper route well just to be cheap but am now not dissapointed, my buddys have two and sorry boys but the sr22's are a lot more fussy about ammo that they feed well especially with the large mags and I honestly dont think they are as accurate from them and other 10/22's Ive seen. And this is coming from someone who doesnt like remington products as they have become cheap over the years but tried this little fellow out and really like it.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
i dont like it....it got stuck someplace between a regular 597 and an M4

my two cents of course
almost two years later i sure have changed my tune LOL

i bought one at a smokin price and added a 6 position butt stock and a fixed 4x weaver scope.....one of the funnest gopher killers i have ever played with.

I will say i STILL think it looks kinda funny though
Old 05-06-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
Honestly the most accurate .22 Ive ever shot!!!! Ive owned ruger 10/22's and my 597 blowes them all out of the water. I have a 30rnd clip it never jams and its ridiculously accurate. The best .22 Ive ever shot Ive taken gophers past 100 yards consistently.
I went gopher shooting with a guy i kinow who has one and it was very accurate.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

I have a 597 HB, and my friend has a 10/22. We shoot pretty well one for one on gophers. My rant ain't about the accuracy of the 597 vs the 10/22. But my beautiful 597 jams to a point that it's littery embarrising. I've taken mine apart ant tried lube oils of different kinds, even tried graphite powder, blahblabbla. And I have four clips for it, none of them seems to make a difference. Bottom line is IMHO when they can make a shot, it counts, but they can't cycle every shot. If anyone wants to buy my 597, gimme a PM. I don't suppose I'll have many takers considering that I just said they're a POS.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
I never got guy's infatuation with military style firearms till this video, hilarious!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 AM

Default Remington Model 597 VTR .22LR

I really like it is it Restricted or non-Restricted
Old 12-04-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I have a 597 HB, and my friend has a 10/22. We shoot pretty well one for one on gophers. My rant ain't about the accuracy of the 597 vs the 10/22. But my beautiful 597 jams to a point that it's littery embarrising. I've taken mine apart ant tried lube oils of different kinds, even tried graphite powder, blahblabbla. And I have four clips for it, none of them seems to make a difference. Bottom line is IMHO when they can make a shot, it counts, but they can't cycle every shot. If anyone wants to buy my 597, gimme a PM. I don't suppose I'll have many takers considering that I just said they're a POS.
Have you tried a third generation magazine, the first two versions caused problems. I see you have 4 clips so i do not know what generation they are. Also the torque on the twin rails is crucial. I have not had any issues with my 597 HB/LS. in a .22 mag. It is a 2010 model. How old is yours. I hope this helps, i have had a allot of good shooting with mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 597 HB LS.jpg (2.3 KB, 7 views)