Default Battle Lake Boat Launch

Looking for info on there boat launch.
How good is it
-is it gravel or concreat
- is it deep or shallow
-is there a pier
anyone have any pictures of the lake .
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 PM

-Absolutely the worst launch I've ever seen,you need a 4x4 and a tilt trailer to launch there. I had water up to the bottom of my door last time. I have never seen any large fiberglass boats there as a result. I launch my flat bottom outboard jet off of a tilt trailer with a 4x4 there and it's quite difficult.

-IT's nethier concrete or gravel , its mud , watch out for some giant boulders 30 ft. out too

-It's a VERY shallow launch for a long ways out

-there is a dock, however it's pretty much useless
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
-Absolutely the worst launch I've ever seen,you need a 4x4 and a tilt trailer to launch there.
Nah, its not the worst launch in the world, but you are right about the 4x4 and tilt trailer though. If you back up along side the dock its not too bad, but you have to back in a long ways to get your bunks wet...
Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
Nah, its not the worst launch in the world, but you are right about the 4x4 and tilt trailer though. If you back up along side the dock its not too bad, but you have to back in a long ways to get your bunks wet...
Yah, it's the worst, maybe not in the world (which I never said) but definitley the worst I've seen in the 200 or so lakes I've launched at in my lifetime-it's bad.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:41 PM

see that is similar to Coal lake , which The battle river feeds water to from battle lake . Man Ive really wanted to fish this lake for sometime now , but if its as shallow as you folk are saying might be worth trying elsewhere . I really liked the idea of fishing the mouth of the river where it empties from the lake .
Old 06-10-2009, 04:10 PM

Battle is a VERY deep lake in spots.....
Old 06-10-2009, 06:25 PM

Launched there on Friday. Just like everyone is saying, it's a VERY shallow, muddy launch. Your exhaust will likely be in the water before your boat is actually floating. Check out the link for lake info: (depth etc.)

http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Projects/.../?region=North Saskatchewan Region&basin=Battle River Basin&lake=Battle Lake&number=89
Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 PM

looks like i will not be going there with my boat then ! Thanks for all the replies
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned

BBJ if memory serves me right the battle lake launch is quite a bit worse than the coal lake launch, if your thinking of the north end one anyways. Unless its deteriorated since I was last there which is possible as well.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
BBJ if memory serves me right the battle lake launch is quite a bit worse than the coal lake launch, if your thinking of the north end one anyways. Unless its deteriorated since I was last there which is possible as well.
Oh yeah man that launch use to be really good but the lakes dropped alot is say close to 30 feet from where she was last year.not to mention a huge hole on the right hand of the launch .
Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM

yeah sure its shallow by the boat launch but its a deep lake, you can only go 12 km on it s why take out a huge boat, fishing is usally good there not as good action in the last 2-3 years, but i geuss its like most of the lakes by where i live.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Battle Lake has a shallow launch. Not very impressive. What I really like to know is has anyone fished for whites there?? and what can a guy use to catch them?? I hear there are jumbo's there to catch??
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Default Pictures Of Battle Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Looking for info on there boat launch.
How good is it
-is it gravel or concreat
- is it deep or shallow
-is there a pier
anyone have any pictures of the lake .
If you have Google Earth you will have the best picture of the area and the lay of the land. If not download google earth and see the world. and any lake you wish to fish.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Default battle lake whites

yes there are some nice whites in there for sure. you will have to put in a lot of time and effort to figure them out like the rest of us have! dont expect anyone to do the work for you. they are tough to catch but they can be had. be careful on the ice because it will get you if you dont know your way around. good luck!