Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 PM

Default Seba beach boat launch

Been going to the town of Wabamun for the boat launch always and wanted to try seba beach boat launch. How good is it ?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:54 PM

The launch at Seba is below average... There are no concrete slabs or anything in the water, so you have to back you trailer in from the sand next to the pier (which has been shut down due to its state of disrepair and lack of maintenance).

I launched twice from Seba last summer and its a huge pain in the *****. I have a 17' boat on a single-axle trailer and I can barely launch because its too shallow. Expect to have all 4 tires of your vehicle in the water, and you need a 4x4 truck at the very least.

Luckily it is very sandy there and ive had no problems pulling a loaded trailer out with my 3/4 ton truck.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 PM

Dont waste your time at seba. You would have a hard time launching a see-do there. Its about knee deep for at least a 100 feet and doesnt get to more than 3 feet until almost at the end of the pier. I got my 14' aluminum in there but getting it back on the trailer was a pain. You would have better luck launching at fallis.

As stated you will have all four tires wet but your exhaust will be above water. The sand is very easy to drive on im not even sure if i was in 4x4.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Does fallis have a puplic boat launch then and how good is that .
Is it deep and concreat
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Does fallis have a puplic boat launch then and how good is that .
Is it deep and concreat
At Fallis, I don't believe there is any decent public boat launch. The boat launch I don't think has any cement ramps.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood 456 View Post
At Fallis, I don't believe there is any decent public boat launch. The boat launch I don't think has any cement ramps.
Its not decent but the water gets deeper faster. I used it once this year when the main launch in town was full of ice. I wouldnt use it unless you have a light boat. I basically had to winch the boat back on the trailer as most of my trailer was out of the water
Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey1099 View Post
Its not decent but the water gets deeper faster. I used it once this year when the main launch in town was full of ice. I wouldnt use it unless you have a light boat. I basically had to winch the boat back on the trailer as most of my trailer was out of the water
Yeah...the boat launch at Point Alison seems to be like that as well. One day the water was pretty choppy so the whole boat launching area was extremely muddy and my fishing partner and I had to winch in our basic 14ft aluminum fishing boat...lol

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 AM

So much for where not to launch a boat.

Is there anywhere on the west end of Wab that you can launch something bigger than my pontoon boat?

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Most of the folks who live in Seba go to town of Wabamun to launch. I think the Seba residents are quite happy to have a dilapidated launch there to keep the traffic down.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM

Looked at Seba launch last year and it was either shut down (fenced off) or use at own risk - can't remember exactly. It was very run down and if there has not been any improvements, I would avoid it. Looked like you would have to back in to about Fallis to get your boat off the trailer anyway...we use the one in town by the hardware and have seen many boats bigger than ours (16') launch with no issues. It's just a pain when you want to fish the west end...