Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Default Hunt TV

Just curious if any of you caught the episodes where they shot a deer while it was swimming, and another where no orange was worn which is illegal here in Ontario and Ontario is where they were hunting?
Being talked about ALOT on other forums
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned

Default swimming

They shot a deer while swimming wow unbeliveable
Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 AM

Default hunt

Ya there has been a lot of stuff on there that has been a little NOT!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 PM

Its funny this thread popped up. I was watching one of Shockeys shows on hunt tv last night, forget which one, as I think the electronic guide had the wrong names for shows in whatever timeslots. Never the less, the guide, not shockey but I think his cameraman was doing the guiding, gets his bowhunter on a bear. Bowhunter makes a shot and I believe hits it and it runs in some brush, the guide up and shoots it witha rifle. I was thinking, doesnt the hunter have to make the kill shot?? I dont bear hunt so what the h#$! to I know, but it made me wonder.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM

I thought the shot was too far back and when Todd seen this and was able to get a shot at the bear he did so. The bush there on the island is solid. I mean you can't see 3 feet in front of you in most places. I know I would't want to track a wounded bear thru that.

I don't know of the legalities of such a thing happening, but for safety sake it is most definitely the right call for all involved.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 PM

I'm not talking a channel, i'm talking about the show Hunt TV with host John Hunt on WILD TV.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 AM

I saw the other day he was hunting bear over a bait, he takes a shot a a small bear, then has to go get his arrow back after missing. He states it is his only arrow, and he may need it if the bear comes back! WTH is with that, on TV!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:08 AM

Angry

Well I did not see the Hunt TV show where he shoots the swimming Deer. But If I were you send them an email stating the fact it bothered you. i mean we all like to hunt but to me that is Immoral at least give the animal a chance. i would lie to know the date of the show and location so I can watch it. Hell I would send them a letter.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:14 AM

Ahhh. I hadnt realized he missed with the bow. And too bad about his brand new truck. That had to suck. Not sure why a guy would ever swerve left to an oncomer hoggin the road.

Sorry to the OP, I read Hunt TV as Wild tv. I didnt see the epsiode in question with the deer swimming. I know you cant shoot swimming big game in alberta but not sure of elsewhere. Wouldnt really be my thing to shoot a deer swimming, but maybe pulling up in a boat and trying to net him would be a little more sporting...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM

I have seen their show a few times and every time I get the impression they were all just sitting around one day and decided to become hunters then the next day they decided to have a hunting show. The episode that was mentioned about with the one arrow was mind boggling. I don't see these guys lasting very long.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Default Poorly done!

I saw the episode in question, he took several shots, however I believe the deer was already wounded when it entered the water. The deer ran through the cover to the waters edge after the hunter had shot at it already, whether it was actually hit I do not know. I did think it was pretty poor footage though especially when the hunter had to take several shots to finish the animal, his gun was shooting low. To say the least not one of my favorite shows. I find there are a couple of different programs on Wild TV that are poorly done and seem very amature in my opinion.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
Ahhh. I hadnt realized he missed with the bow. And too bad about his brand new truck. That had to suck. Not sure why a guy would ever swerve left to an oncomer hoggin the road.

Sorry to the OP, I read Hunt TV as Wild tv. I didnt see the epsiode in question with the deer swimming. I know you cant shoot swimming big game in alberta but not sure of elsewhere. Wouldnt really be my thing to shoot a deer swimming, but maybe pulling up in a boat and trying to net him would be a little more sporting...
I believe this was an episode of the "Proffesionals" and the bow shot was not a miss, it was a little far back, the hunter was the former host of "Arrow Affliction" The follow up shot may not have been necisary but kept the tracking to a minimum. the guys posting on this thread are talking about two or three different episodes and of different programs.