Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2018, 10:54 PM
Banned

You guys notice that your Facebook feeds are filling up with ads for watches?

I never only looked at this page about watches and now it seems I keep seeing ads on FB... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 12-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
You guys notice that your Facebook feeds are filling up with ads for watches?

I never only looked at this page about watches and now it seems I keep seeing ads on FB... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 12-22-2018, 10:29 AM
AO Sponsor

Loving all the watches boys! I actually like seeing the high end pieces get used and patina'd up. They should be used and well loved. Just like me! When I go I want to be all worn out and broken down from years of enjoyment! I don't want to be lowered into the ground looking like I am perfectly preserved and never enjoyed a day of life...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-22-2018, 10:35 AM

Default These are my three.

Seiko solar was a gift from my fam a few years ago. Love the blue face! This is my daily driver.

Citizen was a $18 "I'll take a shot at it" flyer from pawn shop this past summer. Solid win on that one. All it neded wasa serious solar recharge and it runs perfectly! This is my canoeing and watersports watch.

Seiko auto. I like the whole idea of an automatic watch and this was a good local deal. It's my go to for field work.

I don't doubt that one day, one or both of my sons will come looking for a field watch...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XBGj3qg.jpg (76.1 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by gpgriz; 12-22-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: pic
Old 12-25-2018, 03:52 PM

I really didn't have a budget for another watch this year, with all the kids home for Christmas and a couple weddings coming up in the spring to travel to, and my daughter getting married in July....but I couldn't help myself. I already have a really nice Dreyfuss & Co (picture on page 1)...and then got a 'flash sale' email from Ashford, and there was this nice Rotary....which is the same company as Dreyfuss. Just couldn't not get it, they are pretty decent quality, I pay more for a decent bottle of scotch...

Something different than what I have. I think it will be nice.

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/r...cat680070&so=2

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 12-25-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:45 AM

I am a Seiko user as well x 3. I particularly like the sport divers with the screw-in crown and the ratcheting face.

I had the automatic until either the strap broke or the pin failed, not sure, and I lost it. Whom ever found it must had crapped their-self......loved that watch, wasn't cheap either.

Now my watch band is the nylon one that weaves into both pins.

I gave my son one but as I learned, wrist watches are something the up coming generation seldom use....their cell phone is the catch all.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:45 PM
AO Sponsor

My buddy Ryan at Bezelhouse here in Calgary is having a huge boxing day sale on Seiko, Lum-Tec, Mido and more! If you are itching to buy a nice watch for a great price, it is worth a look!

https://www.bezelhouse.com/collectio...y-deals?page=2
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-26-2018, 01:51 PM

Luminox is supposed to make a great automatic watch that has a scratch resistant face. Cabella's used to sell them in Canada but not any longer. Still sell them in the USA.
Luminox.com