Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-06-2012, 06:46 AM

Why do they keep whispering after they shoot the animal? I quit watching it because of all the advertising.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Gone Hunting

I'm kinda surprised at the negative comments on here about Wild TV.

Well I guess I asked for negative comments but on what "shows" DON'T you watch.

I listed some I don't watch but I do watch a lot of what I think are good shows.

There is always the kind of attitude on this forum that is quite happy to "throw the baby out with the bath water"(Extremists)

"I had a bad experience at WSS so I am NEVER going back there again."
"An enforcement officer was rude to me one day, they are all a bunch of idiots"
"I saw a guy on wild TV take a shot I didn't think was kosher, I canseled my subscription right then and there"

I like the real canadian joes.
White-tail television.
Outdoor Quest (sometimes)
Guns and Ammo
Canadian Tradition (the hunting parts are usually good, the host and his philosophical chatter is "entertaining" if nothing else)
Live to hunt (same as above)
and some others...

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 10-06-2012, 09:54 AM

Spook nation, that pig show, fishing and bird shows usually don't watch.. I love jim shockey and live2hunt.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 AM

I've never watched any of it, I don't think I get it.
Don't watch any fishing shows eother.
In fact, I rarely watch TV!!
Cat
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
I'm kinda surprised at the negative comments on here about Wild TV.

Well I guess I asked for negative comments but on what "shows" DON'T you watch.

I listed some I don't watch but I do watch a lot of what I think are good shows.
Yeah, I guess.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Pig man... Never was a fan of his show... Then flipped it to the wold channel in time to see him shoot a cow in the neck with a bow... While it was quartering towards him... That definitely turned menoff his show for good.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I've never watched any of it, I don't think I get it.
Don't watch any fishing shows eother.
In fact, I rarely watch TV!!
Cat
makes 2 of us. I do download and watch Duck Dynasty, Sons Of Guns, and River Monsters, but we all need a couple bad habits.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Default wild tv

i cancelled wild tv after a few months cuz the only shows i liked were canada in the rough and canadian tradition which i pvr off of global anyway. (sign the online petition BTW)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:04 PM

I absolutely refuse to watch any of the shows I've seen that use the words:

1- "Laid the smackdown"
2- "JUST TOOK A DIRT NAP"
3- "We Just SMOKED" whatever it was they were hunting

This is the absolute opposite of what we as hunters should be doing. Just imagine someone who has never experienced hunting before, and turns on the channel only to hear one of these blundering idiots brag about how he just wasted and laid the smackdown on that such and such of animal. It would make the anit-hunters arguement seem like a viable option.

For me anyways I look at many of these shows and see that they are killing animals merely to promote a product. If you have watched any amount of Wild TV you have definately seen a so called hunter walk up to a downed animal and before he can even get excited he needs to say " I couldnt of done it without my XXXXX rifle or XXXX scope, or XXXX ammunition, or any other hunting product that sponsors him.

What ever happened to that silent moment a true hunter has when he walks up to the animal he just took, and has that moment of silence in respect for taking its life ??? It seems those days on TV are few and far between.

My absolute favorite hunting shows on Wild TV are Jim Shockey's Hunting Adventures, The Professionals, and Live to Hunt. These guys in my opinion have the best shows on television, hunting or not. Other than these it really has to be something out of the ordinary for me to watch.

My least favorites are:

Christensen Outdoors where they promote their "Whack em and Stack Em" rifle packages for 99.9% of the show and then throw in twenty seconds of them shooting an animal.

Any show with a guy sitting in a box blind draped in a heater body suit when the grass is still growing

Anything with a mechanical feeder or Stereroid Food Plot

Anything with Stan Potts, I want to meet him one day.... not to shake his hand either.

Anything with the Drury brothers, who promoted their "Dream Season" which had so called hunters travel around to different states to try and bag the biggest or most bucks for the so called honor of winning the Dream Season Challenge. What a bunch of f*c*tards thinking that the highest B&C combined score, or quantity of animals taken is enough to justify them as better hunter.

Headhunters TV, just based on the name of the show.... not to mention the content.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM

that all i watch, is there something eles to watch?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Baiting white tail, than shooting them at 10 yards from a ground blind. And still calling it HUNTING.
X2
Old 10-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Baiting white tail, than shooting them at 10 yards from a ground blind. And still calling it HUNTING.
Yeah I was watching a certain show the other day filmed in Sask and the wife comes in and watches a bit and was appalled by it and thought it was illegal. Told her it was legal in Sask then she went onto the morale reasons and why anyone wouldn't just bait a beef and kill it as it was way better eating!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 AM

Default what don't you watch.

Everything, except maybe The Guides Life, Live to Hunt, The Ultimate Shot, and Canadian Whitetail Television (although I am not a big fan of Jason Peterson). The American shows are a joke, and I wouldn't waste my time watching. Although I do like a good comedy now and then. I do like Ralph Cirrenciallo. Heartland bowhunters was alright when it was on.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 PM

Default Where in the World

I watch almost everything on Wild TV, except for Colorado Buck. I dont know what is about him, I just cant force myself to watch that show.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Gone Hunting

Quite a few I don't watch anymore, mostly the ones that get around the content rules by having 2-3 mins. of advertising, cut back to show, show 15 secs. of the same animal again (!), and then talk about their "wonderful" gear for a few minutes, then cut back to a commercial....I guess that's pretty much all of them, so I very seldom have it on anymore....Do enjoy Shockey's and Live 2Hunt though, when I can catch them.....
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Banned

23 minutes of comercials for 7 minutes of some asshat whispering in a treestand.Wast of 3 bucks,I cancelled mine after 6 months.