Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Default What DON"T you watch on Wild TV

We often here people say"If you don't like it turn the channel and don't watch it" when someone is complaining about some program they didn't like on TV.

It is kind of an over simplification as sometimes something look like it might be interesting and then something comes on you don't like.

Dirt trax is one show that I turn off right away as I don't like the content at all. There are a couple similar ones like "power something or other" and "polaris yada yada"

I have two quads actually and use them occasionally for transportation purposes. But I hate to see the abuse of public lands by people misusing these things and the uncontrolled over use in some areas.

I watched part of the show today to see if it had any redeeming value and saw none, except for an add for a hard truck box cover that you can load two quads on top of (not the normal "quad deck" kind)

Back to the question: Turkey hunting. Once you have seen a couple turkey shows the rest are pretty much the same and I switch them off.

Some fishing shows for exotic fish in exotic places are interesting and educational but for the most part if they are not fishing in western Canada, I turn the channel.

Same with hunting shows. Hunting native game in Western Canada and the states is what I'll watch and maybe some native game in some far off countries. But shooting imported critters dose not interest me and I shut it off.

LOOONG range shooting (not cause they have to but because they want to) leaves me cold. I'll switch to watch bowling instead.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM

When I see 2 old guys sitting in front of a fireplace talking, I turn the channel

Otherwise i pretty much watch it all
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Bass fishing
Coyotes to calls
Yankees you jump up and down in excitement after arrowing a small three point buck and call it an 8 point
Old 10-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Everything, I don't have satellite.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
When I see 2 old guys sitting in front of a fireplace talking, I turn the channel

X2.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 PM

Default dont watch

Baiting white tail, than shooting them at 10 yards from a ground blind. And still calling it HUNTING.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM

I don't waste my time watching....

Whitetail hunting
Product reviews
Fishing
Commercials
Shooting shows
Did I say anything to do with whitetails
Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 PM

I have a simple solution....I don't watch WildTV at all....never have probably never will. I have seen it a couple times at a buddies place.

Same stuff being regurgitated over and over....

LC
Old 10-05-2012, 04:32 PM

I don't watch it at anymore really, if there is nothing else on ill click it on. But after about 15 minutes, 10 of which is Jim shockey Argo commercials, I change to another channel, and think to myself, that is why i stopped watching this channel
Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 PM

when theres a guy jumping around in a tree stand yelling " THANK THE LORD" and balling after he just shot something
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM

I don't watch it, I won't pay 2.99 a month for it
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Any deer hunting on a farm with biologic grower!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:33 PM

I cancelled Wild TV a couple of years ago. The commercialization of the sport and the sound of a few guy's voices totally turned me off from the channel.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Banned

Oh theres a few shows on there that are kind of sad but for the most part I dont mind it,, heck its still better than the soaps, Opera, or The Doctors lol..
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
I don't watch it at anymore really, if there is nothing else on ill click it on. But after about 15 minutes, 10 of which is Jim shockey Argo commercials, I change to another channel, and think to myself, that is why i stopped watching this channel

That's about where I'm at too. That and the two guys selling Howa rifle every five minutes. If I wanted to watch infomercials I would subscribe to the the shopping channel.

To be honest, I don't see a lot of difference between the two.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Default I can watch most

Even the guys that most on here hat.

Least appealing to me are the shows from Africa.

Everything for me is taped so I skip past what I don't like. IE commercials.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Gone Hunting

The funny (?) thing is, these shows are supposed to be regulated to minutes of program, and minutes of commercials in their 30 min. slot...so they get around this by showing 8 mins. of commercials, 12-15 mins. of the show talking about products that you "must" have...and 3-4 mins. of shooting a scrawny deer???.....
Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM

well we might not have to worry about Wild TV, with Global cancelling the programming, they just might not have any audience, hope this is not the case, but it might be, cheers
Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 PM

Anything re food plot / feeders for deer
Stan Potts - has a coronary every time he shoots something
Any host with too big of a "southern drawl"
Old 10-05-2012, 06:25 PM

So weird. I turned it to WildTV today after months of basically forgetting about its existance.

It was broadcasting Dirt Trax. The volume level was super loud compared to all other channels on TV. I really hadn't expected to be blasted by high pressure sound waves and by the time I had changed it to a different channel, the left side of my head had been polished bald. So yeah, my Friday night plans have changed.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 PM

when that fishing show, with the little kid, with the funny voice (sorry dude) comes on its game over. the commercials are also starting to get carried away
Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM

Ryan kohlor isnt very good talked land owners into the talk i would like to pound him out oooopsss cant say that here
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM

bird hunting
stand hunting
bait hunting
more than one kill in a 30 minutes show is not a hunting show, just a killing show
(my favorite dvd's last 1 hour or more with only one kill, that's hunting)
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Dirt Trax, the Polaris show, Jimmy Big Time, Quebec Camp Outfitters, the other Quebec show with the subtitles, and every episode of every show where they're fishing, or waterfowl/turkey hunting.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:04 PM

I have had the channel for a year now and don't think I watched more than 2 hours of it, i try for 10 minutes and the volume of commercials and amount of fluff in the actual show bores me. The wife wants me to cancel it, I keep saying after hunting season.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Not enough commercials with that chopstick made Toyota , and all those baited animals they call deer . I've seen more meat on a sparrows kneecap than those "deer" or them fairy tale names for them, can't wait for NHL season to start ...... Damn it
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 PM

That French guy that can't speak english. I think the show is flatliners or something close. The French guy is moose hunting in the Yukon and he gets a guy on a moose. From the camera angle all you can see is the head behind a WHOLE lot of willow branches. The French guy says something and the hunter shoots. I couldn't believe my eyes when he shot. Now one of the Wild TV guys hosts this show and claims this French guy is the "best moose guide in the world"! So I sent a email to Wild TV and questioned this type of shot. Well you know the answer I got....nothing. Is it posible the camera angle was different that what the hunter saw....ummmm maybe but when you have to really look to see a moose in the willows I don't think so. And most importantly is the younger folks watching the "worlds greatest moose guide". Do you think they might try this shot..........
Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

These two old guys in the balcony are pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLYAK...eature=related

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Banned

I'm kinda surprised at the negative comments on here about Wild TV. I don't have it but when I head to a friends place during hunting season that's all that we watch during our down time. I have to agree that there's a lot of repetition of the same shows and a ton of commercials trying to sell you a bunch of stuff that you don't really need, but what really bugs me the most are the shows that you know are canned hunts. One in particular that I remember from last year was from an exotic animal ranch "hunt" down in Texas. The hunter was in a doghouse type shed and he had to wait for a couple of springbucks and an impala to move out of the way in order to shoot a kudu or something to that effect. Are you kiddin' me????
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 AM

Commercials and anyone with a U.S. accent other than Colorado Buck. I wish Jim Shocky would grow his hair that long. That would be awesome.