Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJax View Post
I bet most of your St. Croix are one piece, that would be hard to fit under the seat!
I have two Legend tournies that are two piece...just used for River fishing... but i dont leave them in my truck, thats for sure. Everything else is 1 piece.

Truth of the matter is Ive really fell off the fishing wagon for here in Alberta... I enjoy all your pics, but I can wait in between my trips to Manitoba and NW Ontario. Leaves more time for rifles, pistols, and going to the range and hunting. lol Although I do love fishing the Pembina river alot.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Sounds like you have a St Croix fetish?
You should put this under the "Collectables" thread....
Haha just a personal preference haha I like the rods and there warranty and trade in system they have,

ALSO IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS STOLEN, get your back windows tinted, it helps ALOT!!! I have a tint shop in edmonton if anyone needs it dones,

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_man View Post
Haha just a personal preference haha I like the rods and there warranty and trade in system they have,

ALSO IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS STOLEN, get your back windows tinted, it helps ALOT!!! I have a tint shop in edmonton if anyone needs it dones,
We all have our fave stuff...

My side and back windows are already tinted....this is mostly why I feel fairly comfy leaving my gear in the back.

But thanks for the info....maybe some one else will take you up on your offer.

Good luck fishing this season
Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 AM

Mine were tinted, didn't help.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post

Truth of the matter is Ive really fell off the fishing wagon for here in Alberta...
Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 AM

All my tackle is in my boat. I get home from work and if the fishing urge strikes I fire up the truck and go fishing. Not a bigtime river/stream fisherman here. Actually quite enjoy prowling Wabby for big sharks. Can leave home and be in the boat fishing in 30 minutes max.

I am the opposite to ABB, hunting big game is losing its appeal more and more every year.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
All my tackle is in my boat. I get home from work and if the fishing urge strikes I fire up the truck and go fishing. Not a bigtime river/stream fisherman here. Actually quite enjoy prowling Wabby for big sharks. Can leave home and be in the boat fishing in 30 minutes max.

I am the opposite to ABB, hunting big game is losing its appeal more and more every year.

Yep.. where my appeal for big game hunting is getting larger. Although.. If i ever moved to Manitoba again or Ontario.. I would quit hunting altogether 100%
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to!
why?? Each person has they're own hobbies, some stronger than others. I see no problem in my desire to not fish in Alberta as much as I used to.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
why?? Each person has they're own hobbies, some stronger than others. I see no problem in my desire to not fish in Alberta as much as I used to.
Dont let the nay sayerz get under your skin lol

I would much prefer to fish in BC....it's way better than AB.....but Im here so I enjoy what I can....and there is lots to enjoyeeeeeee
Old 03-24-2013, 01:20 PM

Reading about all the people who have had fishing equipment stolen and knowing friends the same has happen to I just gotta wonder who can steal someone's fishing stuff? If the thief has zero interest in fishing they can hardly expect to pawn it for much. If they have an interest in fishing how could they steal knowing it means so much to someone else? Could they even enjoy using it? Wow.

I don't keep my gear in the vehicle at all times because wifey would not let me but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think about fishing all the time .
Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry B View Post
Reading about all the people who have had fishing equipment stolen and knowing friends the same has happen to I just gotta wonder who can steal someone's fishing stuff? If the thief has zero interest in fishing they can hardly expect to pawn it for much. If they have an interest in fishing how could they steal knowing it means so much to someone else? Could they even enjoy using it? Wow.

I don't keep my gear in the vehicle at all times because wifey would not let me but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think about fishing all the time .
Ya its gotta make one wonder.....taking the chance of being caught using it would totally ruin my concentration of fishing and take away all the fun.

Petty theft is for TOTAL mother foxtrotten LOSERS!!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
There's no problem with it at all, you're just taking me more seriously than intended

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM

Not really ..... Im finding that I constantly get reminders that I am not fishing like I used to. lol
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Do you think they targeted your gear or it was a random break in?
Was your gear in sight?
Its crappy either way I know.....but I try to disguise my gear w/ work clothes or something that doesnt look valuable.
Usually its in a tote container.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Not really ..... Im finding that I constantly get reminders that I am not fishing like I used to. lol
Just good natured ribbing, but I'll knock it off

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 03-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Lol you are minor..lol

Bring on Pembina slay! That and gophers are what im looking forward to most.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:28 PM

rod and box in trunk at all times. Work by the bow and sometimes eat my lunch there.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey Bee....nother ? for ya....

Do you fly fish?

I dont hear you mention it.

It would seem to me you fit the profile of a flynutz kinda guy
Started tying when I was 8 or 9. FF'd throughout my teen years on the upper Credit primarily and headwaters of the Notawasaga (Pine, Boyne, Hockley).

Lost interest when I started traveling.

I've got 2, 6wts and a pfleuger medalist (1994). Have a vise and a bunch of stuff in a box here. I've tied up some wireworms and chironomids. As well as customizing some of my spoon and crank trebles with some flashbou and hair.

I use flies all the time, but I rarely break out the fly gear.

The minimalist thing is right. If I'm on the river, I just want 2 lures stuffed into a folded over tim's cup in my pocket and a spinning rod in my hand. no waders. no vest. no pile of accessories hanging off my back. no auto-recoiling $200 hemostats hanging off the brim of my Orvis oil-back-wanderers chapeau.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:32 PM

Always! I keep a rod and a small tackle box with lures for every scenario! I don't miss an opportunity ever! Lol my g/f gets ****ed at me on road trips because I'll stop along the way and hit up random lakes we see

We take these risks in life, not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us. Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. - No Fear

http://youtu.be/3JbTBYk7xII

http://youtu.be/Ujl2kz1M8y8
Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Started tying when I was 8 or 9. FF'd throughout my teen years on the upper Credit primarily and headwaters of the Notawasaga (Pine, Boyne, Hockley).

Lost interest when I started traveling.

I've got 2, 6wts and a pfleuger medalist (1994). Have a vise and a bunch of stuff in a box here. I've tied up some wireworms and chironomids. As well as customizing some of my spoon and crank trebles with some flashbou and hair.

I use flies all the time, but I rarely break out the fly gear.

The minimalist thing is right. If I'm on the river, I just want 2 lures stuffed into a folded over tim's cup in my pocket and a spinning rod in my hand. no waders. no vest. no pile of accessories hanging off my back. no auto-recoiling $200 hemostats hanging off the brim of my Orvis oil-back-wanderers chapeau.
Thats too bad...
maybe the fly bug will bite ya again some day
Your missin out bro
Old 03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Alright, got my tim's cup of lures and gonna hit the far NW on the advice of those who voted the 3rd option, "go fishing young sexy bee guy".

Will report back.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
How many of you carry your fishing gear in your vehicle at all times (during open fishing season)??

Do you go to your spots after work or stop by a roadside fishing hole when travelling for a short time?

How addicted are you????
Nah I don't carry my gear in my vehicle at all times and I'm definitely not addicted to fishing. I think it would be different if I had more experience. Hopefully I'll get out more this summer. Right now I just kind of find it intimidating.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Hehe its not bulletproof lol it just helps deter thieves from stealing, most thieves only steal what they can see.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 AM

I keep a telescopic rod and a small waist "bag" in mine. I am not really addicted, but just to kill some time during my son's training sessions or make dog walks a bit more interesting or for just in case.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I have two Legend tournies that are two piece...just used for River fishing... but i dont leave them in my truck, thats for sure. Everything else is 1 piece.

Truth of the matter is Ive really fell off the fishing wagon for here in Alberta... I enjoy all your pics, but I can wait in between my trips to Manitoba and NW Ontario. Leaves more time for rifles, pistols, and going to the range and hunting. lol Although I do love fishing the Pembina river alot.
Is the fishing so much better there or is it a different style that makes you want to go over Alberta? Just curious as I have only fished Alberta, and a bit of BC.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM

Heh I started a job a couple years ago and when I showed up for my first day of work, the guys noticed some of my ice fishing gear sitting in the back of my car. I've never fit into a group of people so easily. I showed them the pictures of my sturgeon and I could have gotten away with murder in that shop.