Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2023, 09:15 AM
cody j cody j is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sunset House
Posts: 1,250
Default Brown bear with handgun

If anyone is interested the video is on YouTube now of the brother and sister who killed the brown bear with a handgun after a rifle malfunction. Search - stuckintherut on YouTube and you’ll find it. I found it interesting
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2023, 09:56 AM
scesfiremedic scesfiremedic is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 411
Default

https://youtu.be/VyO5Vs2huhg

Sad to see the bear suffer for so long

Last edited by scesfiremedic; 01-28-2023 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2023, 10:09 AM
cody j cody j is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sunset House
Posts: 1,250
Default

Thanks for posting link!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2023, 11:35 AM
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,717
Default

What a bunch of morons
Why would you take those shots?
Such poor poor shot choices
This is the problem when your main concern is getting content for your YouTube channel or whatever bs your trying to do
That bear is the size of a sheet of plywood
Even in that blowing wind it wouldn’t be that hard
If…… the bear was standing up broad side
Not laying down in his hole
That bear is going to come out and come down!
Why why why why take those crappy shots?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2023, 12:24 PM
Ackleyman Ackleyman is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Strathmore
Posts: 1,204
Default

Whining about the Trauma for being a couple fools. Wish the bear that suffered woulda had one last lunch.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2023, 01:14 PM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 6,418
Default

I am just shaking my head going WTF these people are idiots
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2023, 03:58 PM
sage 13 sage 13 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
What a bunch of morons
Why would you take those shots?
Such poor poor shot choices
This is the problem when your main concern is getting content for your YouTube channel or whatever bs your trying to do
That bear is the size of a sheet of plywood
Even in that blowing wind it wouldn’t be that hard
If…… the bear was standing up broad side
Not laying down in his hole
That bear is going to come out and come down!
Why why why why take those crappy shots?
Yes would never take those shots but then again wouldnt take a rushed
shot at a moving animal with a camp gun either, but some do.
Dont need to try and kill something that bad no matter how big.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2023, 05:35 PM
ClutchCanadian4's Avatar
ClutchCanadian4 ClutchCanadian4 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Beautiful Northern Alberta
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
What a bunch of morons
Why would you take those shots?
Such poor poor shot choices
This is the problem when your main concern is getting content for your YouTube channel or whatever bs your trying to do
That bear is the size of a sheet of plywood
Even in that blowing wind it wouldn’t be that hard
If…… the bear was standing up broad side
Not laying down in his hole
That bear is going to come out and come down!
Why why why why take those crappy shots?
Agreed. In the description of their video it says they are "Avid public land hunters" very amateur and poor timing and placed shots. I'd hate to see their other hunts.

Edit: This is exactly what that post in the Hunting section about Rinella's brother saying social media is ruining hunting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2023, 12:28 PM
Jamie Black R/T's Avatar
Jamie Black R/T Jamie Black R/T is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCanadian4 View Post
This is exactly what that post in the Hunting section about Rinella's brother saying social media is ruining hunting.
Social Media Clout is the worst drug ever unleashed on humanity.

Number of addicts is in the BILLIONS...willing to bend their morals and ignore all natural instincts to achieve "Fame"

Its gross.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-28-2023, 07:40 PM
alder alder is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
What a bunch of morons
Why would you take those shots?
Such poor poor shot choices
This is the problem when your main concern is getting content for your YouTube channel or whatever bs your trying to do
That bear is the size of a sheet of plywood
Even in that blowing wind it wouldn’t be that hard
If…… the bear was standing up broad side
Not laying down in his hole
That bear is going to come out and come down!
Why why why why take those crappy shots?
X2. >400 yards, uphill, on a bear half denned up. Not ok.

My favorite was the “look-at-me” girl, Tanna, explaining her newfound skills at managing post-traumatic stress. Good grief.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Pathfinder76 Pathfinder76 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alder View Post
X2. >400 yards, uphill, on a bear half denned up. Not ok.
What is half denned?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-2023, 09:12 AM
Sooner Sooner is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 9,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alder View Post
X2. >400 yards, uphill, on a bear half denned up. Not ok.

My favorite was the “look-at-me” girl, Tanna, explaining her newfound skills at managing post-traumatic stress. Good grief.
An uncle & I were out hunting late in the day and charged by a grizz protecting a kill we did not know about. A 100 yrd surprise bluff charge came faster than you could imagine and ended 20 ft away from us when it turned around, sure was a pucker moment as our rifles were in the gun boots. Were we traumatized, no, were we wound up after and had a couple calming pops back at camp, yup. PTSD from it, nope.


Now I get that bear was wounded and after them, that situation vs ours a 1000 plus times more stressful. I wonder why she was not packing a rifle for back up? Did I miss something in the vid?

Every mountain Grizz hunting vid I watch, everyone has a rifle. Everyone unloads on the bear at the first hint of it going sideways. Lots of mistakes, no one expects a rifle malfunction, she should have had one too. Might have ended better for the bear if she did.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-31-2023, 08:44 PM
H380's Avatar
H380 H380 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: WMU 108
Posts: 6,159
Default

When I saw this thread I read the posts before watching the video .. and I agree with many of them . Yes alot of mistakes were made ,but at the end they freely and openly admitted to that . How many of the experts on this forum would admit to that ? No I don't think " hunters " like these should be making a video like this but maybe they were trying to keep others from making the same mistakes ..I dont think they did it for View counts as some have suggested .

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2023, 01:40 AM
Vingiu Vingiu is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 991
Default

Rinella's brother was right
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2023, 01:56 AM
JD848 JD848 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
When I saw this thread I read the posts before watching the video .. and I agree with many of them . Yes alot of mistakes were made ,but at the end they freely and openly admitted to that . How many of the experts on this forum would admit to that ? No I don't think " hunters " like these should be making a video like this but maybe they were trying to keep others from making the same mistakes ..I dont think they did it for View counts as some have suggested .

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Carless actions are not mistakes when handling a rifle ,you own that careless action once you pull the trigger .The distance alone with the position of the bear was rushed . They yelled knowing that bear needed to come out of the dugout .They got feed up of waiting and took very reckless unnecessary shots due to daylight fading .Then saying they made mistakes .

Then learning from trauma classes .How many of these are not film when these attention getters make crazy shots .I do believe they did it for view count hoping to draw in idiots to believe this is what hunters do to survive when idiots are careless . If the bear ate them both after they set out to harm it would it be an accident? hell no. They started the encounter and drew first blood .Fair came on both sides . Why should the bear always lose.

You go into a bar and pick a fight then get smacked out ,no mistake. Carless judgment and actions on your part .This mistake crap is for cowards .

All the smiles showing off his pretty pizz arrs hand gun after the bear was down ticked me right off ,the bear came down hill as gravity took his injured body down hill ,he was to injured to climb .They just happen to be below so now the bear was after them .BS One lie after another . the bear took the path of least resistance where they just happened to be. The bear tried turning but was unable to retreat from further harm after being disabled by them .I guess this is a mistake to some.

To drama queens that should be charged for reckless use of a firearm causing harm to wildlife .

Yes I'm an expert on not committing crimes to wildlife ,I just avoid doing it a all cost .I would smash all my rifles before harming an animal .

Take your target out or leave it alone. If you want to take risks go mountain climbing or joint the Alaskan Coast Guard jumping out a chopper in 30 ft seas in 70 mile an hour winds saving others in -30 weather at night 200 miles from shore . That's the real deal in life .Not taking pot shots at living things carelessly.

Cheers
JD
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-2023, 08:26 AM
Pathfinder76 Pathfinder76 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Carless actions are not mistakes when handling a rifle ,you own that careless action once you pull the trigger .The distance alone with the position of the bear was rushed . They yelled knowing that bear needed to come out of the dugout .They got feed up of waiting and took very reckless unnecessary shots due to daylight fading .Then saying they made mistakes .

Then learning from trauma classes .How many of these are not film when these attention getters make crazy shots .I do believe they did it for view count hoping to draw in idiots to believe this is what hunters do to survive when idiots are careless . If the bear ate them both after they set out to harm it would it be an accident? hell no. They started the encounter and drew first blood .Fair came on both sides . Why should the bear always lose.

You go into a bar and pick a fight then get smacked out ,no mistake. Carless judgment and actions on your part .This mistake crap is for cowards .

All the smiles showing off his pretty pizz arrs hand gun after the bear was down ticked me right off ,the bear came down hill as gravity took his injured body down hill ,he was to injured to climb .They just happen to be below so now the bear was after them .BS One lie after another . the bear took the path of least resistance where they just happened to be. The bear tried turning but was unable to retreat from further harm after being disabled by them .I guess this is a mistake to some.

To drama queens that should be charged for reckless use of a firearm causing harm to wildlife .

Yes I'm an expert on not committing crimes to wildlife ,I just avoid doing it a all cost .I would smash all my rifles before harming an animal .

Take your target out or leave it alone. If you want to take risks go mountain climbing or joint the Alaskan Coast Guard jumping out a chopper in 30 ft seas in 70 mile an hour winds saving others in -30 weather at night 200 miles from shore . That's the real deal in life .Not taking pot shots at living things carelessly.

Cheers
JD
Interesting prospective
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2023, 07:15 AM
H380's Avatar
H380 H380 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: WMU 108
Posts: 6,159
Default

Just repeated everything I said but in detail , thanx JD..

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2023, 08:30 AM
Pathfinder76 Pathfinder76 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Just repeated everything I said but in detail , thanx JD..

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I’m sorry, but should we start charging other wildlife harvest techniques with similar things? Trapping comes to mind. How about those that go afield with poor choices in bullet? Cartridge? I have seen far more game wounded in the field by people inside of 100 yards than beyond it. Do we need a firearms competency test/law?

Most of this won’t matter much anyway. Hunting is as cooked as a Christmas goose. The writing is all over the wall.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2023, 05:46 PM
sage 13 sage 13 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
I’m sorry, but should we start charging other wildlife harvest techniques with similar things? Trapping comes to mind. How about those that go afield with poor choices in bullet? Cartridge? I have seen far more game wounded in the field by people inside of 100 yards than beyond it. Do we need a firearms competency test/law?

Most of this won’t matter much anyway. Hunting is as cooked as a Christmas goose. The writing is all over the wall.
Why are you with so many people wounding animals, are you not teaching them enough, letting them take questionable shots ?

Yes i think firearms tests would be fine they do it in some places in europe
also have to take classes/course in some states to hunt sheep and cats.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-02-2023, 07:52 AM
Pathfinder76 Pathfinder76 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
Why are you with so many people wounding animals, are you not teaching them enough, letting them take questionable shots ?

Yes i think firearms tests would be fine they do it in some places in europe
also have to take classes/course in some states to hunt sheep and cats.
I’m not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.