Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2023, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Unfortunately, this is the type of scum that we allow to come to Canada, and Toronto has become the cesspool of Canada.
Plenty of them in Edmonton too.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Plenty of them in Edmonton too.
Edmonton is becoming the Toronto of the west.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
it knows no bounds. "Love one another as I have loved you" Jesus said that and we have not paid any notice what so ever.
As I have entered very old age I am wondering if religion has done mankind any good at all. Would all this be going on if there were no religions? Or are we as a species just a bunch of ignorant war like murderers?
I guess I will soon find out but I wish we could figure out a way to stop killing one another.
Doesn't seem likely now.
Religion has guided mans morals for centuries. Men have twisted religion for their own purposed just as long. Canada is what a Godless society looks like. Circling the drain, calling evil good and calling good men and women evil.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-08-2023, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Religion has guided mans morals for centuries. Men have twisted religion for their own purposed just as long. Canada is what a Godless society looks like. Circling the drain, calling evil good and calling good men and women evil.
Very well said. My new sig line.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Remember the rule

- Any topics/posts or discussion that includes race, ethnic groups, religion or sexual orientation are NOT acceptable and can result in a loss of message board privileges not excluding permanently. This is NOT the forum for such discussions.

Or the thread may get shut down
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-08-2023, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Remember the rule

- Any topics/posts or discussion that includes race, ethnic groups, religion or sexual orientation are NOT acceptable and can result in a loss of message board privileges not excluding permanently. This is NOT the forum for such discussions.

You are not anyone’s mother, so quit acting like it.

For goodness sake, it is a thread on an utterly disturbing day, accompanied by some of the most vile images imaginable, which has now turned into a war in the religious center of the world. It caused a very senior member to ask an honest to goodness question to which another member gives an honest answer.

SMH

I’m quite sure all the mods realize that this is disturbing, but also a war that revolves around religion.

So are you in favour of limiting speech?

Cuz, I’m sure most sane people have had enough of that for a lifetime.

Last edited by sns2; 10-08-2023 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2023, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
it knows no bounds. "Love one another as I have loved you" Jesus said that and we have not paid any notice what so ever.
As I have entered very old age I am wondering if religion has done mankind any good at all. Would all this be going on if there were no religions? Or are we as a species just a bunch of ignorant war like murderers?
I guess I will soon find out but I wish we could figure out a way to stop killing one another.
Doesn't seem likely now.
Man has fought since the beginning for many reasons religion or not there will always be disputes.

Hate to say it but we are an ignorant species that will always be at war. But really this is the nature of most if not all fight to settle disputes. The intensity may vary and we use more advanced weapons do to human intelligence. Right or wrong it seems to be part of every species nature

In the end we are just another animal even if we have more complex thoughts
Old 10-08-2023, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Edmonton is becoming the Toronto of the west.
all part of Justin Trudeau master plan
Old 10-08-2023, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You are not anyone’s mother, so quit acting like it.

For goodness sake, it is a thread on an utterly disturbing day, accompanied by some of the most vile images imaginable, which has now turned into a war in the religious center of the world. It caused a very senior member to ask an honest to goodness question to which another member gives an honest answer.

SMH

I’m quite sure all the mods realize that this is disturbing, but also a war that revolves around religion.

So are you in favour of limiting speech?

Cuz, I’m sure most sane people have had enough of that for a lifetime.
Well said!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 10-08-2023, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Remember the rule

Sigh
Old 10-08-2023, 09:33 PM

Since the year 2000 i thought the world was calming down from war except for a few extremist and of course the no news wars in Africa that never stop and we never hear of. Soviet Union was broke up and Russia was supposedly a democracy. Middle East had it flare ups but Egypt, Saudi ect were not directly fighting with Israel (probably indirectly fighting)
Looking more closely at it nothing has really changed Russia will probably be an enemy now Middle East is starting again.
I don’t think people will ever change. Thousand year old hatred competition between countries and governments. It’s a actually quite sad we got some fast computers and planes but the humans race itself has made little progress
Old 10-08-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
That's the second war Russia coming with the surviving Arabs and Iran. 85% causality rate.Ezekiel 39:2,4 Food for vultures and hyenas. This current war may be Obadiah where the tribe of Esau ceases to exist.All surrounding hostile countries join in to their mutual destruction.Israel loses 1/3 of her population in the north so weapons of mass destruction are used by both sides.Isaiah 17:.1,3-4 Exciting if you're a Christian terrifying if you're not.Birth pangs for Christ's return.
You are right
Did some reading
In the Ezekiel war nobody will help Israel
This might be a harbinger
Old 10-09-2023, 07:37 AM

It makes sense that if your gonna "occupy" someones territory forever , and limit their food and power supplies ,eventually a fights gonna happen.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:44 AM

Now that it appears that Hamas is holding foreign citizens as hostages, we will see how their home countries react to their citizens being held , and possibly mistreated.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:55 AM

I will limit what I say because I don’t know what I’m talking about.

They attacked civilians and tourists. Is that ok?
Old 10-09-2023, 08:39 AM

Question of the day. Can the US afford to support both Israel and Ukraine militarily , which it's what it's going to down to, simultaneously ?

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 10-09-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
I will limit what I say because I don’t know what I’m talking about.

They attacked civilians and tourists. Is that ok?
Neither Israel or Hamas have ever been terribly concerned about collateral damage.

Grizz

Old 10-09-2023, 08:44 AM

Great article pointing out the Canadian progressive left glee over the attacks.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/can...ate-israel-war

Murder of innocent civilians should never be celebrated.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-09-2023, 09:01 AM

USS Gerald Ford strike group heading to eastern Mediterranean

https://apnews.com/article/israel-ha...84f758c9b6f628
Old 10-09-2023, 09:24 AM

Default Isn't using

Human shields against the Geneva Convention? This is how cowards fight.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:

And we let more of them into Canada every year. They claiim to be refugees fleeing oppression, yet they get here and want to turn Canada into the type of cesspool that they claim to have fled.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Human shields against the Geneva Convention? This is how cowards fight.
Pretty sure Hamas isn't a signatory to the Geneva Convention.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-09-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Fireworks and celebrations in Iran. The Russian propaganda news is already claiming some of the weapons used by Hamas came from Afghanistan and Ukraine.

Grizz

Old 10-09-2023, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Fireworks and celebrations in Iran. The Russian propaganda news is already claiming some of the weapons used by Hamas came from Afghanistan and Ukraine.

Grizz
It’s always going to be hard to sort out fact from fiction.

Likely weapons via Wagner are moving all over the world. It seems like weapons are being used up faster than they arrive in Ukraine. As for Afghanistan, the Taliban took over the abandoned U.S. assets. The Taliban are battling insurgents and I think it unlikely they’d give valued weapons away.

Reading up on all the sites, it’s sounds like Iran is being pointed at hard as a key supplier of materials and training.

Looks like oil markets are speculating Iran is going to get brought into the war or at least be more than a bystander. Likely after the Gaza offensive reaches some level of objectives.

I’m just an armchair speculator based upon what media shows us so really I feel I know less than nothing except another human tragedy is unfolding.

Thank god we live in Canada. Can’t say enough how fortunate we are compared to many areas of the world. Adds more value of thought to celebrating thanksgiving.

Hard to imagine the shoe on the other foot. As I ponder what leftovers to eat for lunch… some poor soul is a hostage threaten with death every second they breathe right now.

Hearing so many foreigners have been killed should really rile people up.

Russia is likely happy to have another war to take focus from them. So much happening. It’s sensory overload.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:00 AM

Why is it no surprise that CUPE 3096, the union that represents workers at McMaster University is expressing support for the attacks on Israel?

Last edited by elkhunter11; 10-09-2023 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:10 AM

Quote:
And we let more of them into Canada every year. They claiim to be refugees fleeing oppression, yet they get here and want to turn Canada into the type of cesspool that they claim to have fled.
Exactly. We already had a terrorist cell , The Toronto 17 ..actually 18 after a later arrest . This was back in 2006 with plans to bomb the TO stock exchange and other buildings and arm themselves with weapons intent on killing Canadians. Thanks to Law Enforcement plans for a very serious terrorist attack was stopped and the losers brought before the courts. Now 17 years later with thousands more allowed to enter Canada some kind of terrorist act will happen in Canada. I would not let ONE of those rats into the country. Not ONE.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Why is it no surprise that CUPE 3096, the union that represents workers at McMaster University is expressing support for the attacks on Israel?
Sickening, well there are Hamas rally’s in Edmonton and Calgary for everyone to join in. Maybe Justin and friends can attend
Old 10-09-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Neither Israel or Hamas have ever been terribly concerned about collateral damage.

Grizz
Seriously!! Is that’s why Israeli forces were calling on the residents of the houses they are about to bomb to get out of their homes so they can level the hidden rockets and ammo storage places of Hamas?
Old 10-09-2023, 11:59 AM

Was talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Israel. He said the following: it is a major failure of Israeli intelligence. This didn’t happen just overnight. There were many cases of missing and stolen weapons from Israeli army depot. Israeli army is not nearly the same as it was 20 years ago when it had a great training, high morals and great intelligence. Apparently, these are all gone. Their generation of millenials(20-24 years old) do not have the spirit like their parents did. Liberalism infected them and destroying from inside. They don’t know who Ben Gurion was and thinking it’s an airport… Not too many of them want to go to the army and even less want to join the fighting brigades…
https://new.thecradle.co/articles/is...possible%20war
Old 10-09-2023, 12:05 PM

Quote:
It is sick. Hamas is a listed terrorist organization.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/n...d-ntts-en.aspx

Supporting terrorism should be fair grounds to fire an employee.

In this woke era… how on earth is the might of the internet not trouncing these people in support of terrorists and murder of defenceless people in the Hamas attack.