Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2024, 01:09 PM

Default Cop Gets In Shootout With A Squirrel...

You can't make this stuff up...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPeople...r/s/l43BKmN4vE

And the full version here....worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/iVNnxr2SGFg
Old 02-18-2024, 01:23 PM

I think the squirrel won. He at least managed to hit officer with an acorn bounced off the vehicles roof.

Last edited by 1886; 02-18-2024 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:46 PM

Well that made me laugh. That guy needs a desk job with the force.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:06 PM

I loved the I'm hit I'm hit, im ok I feel weird but I'm ok. Made me laugh .
Old 02-18-2024, 02:31 PM

And I can’t pack a handgun in the backcountry? lol. What a clown show.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-18-2024, 03:15 PM

That moron should never be trusted with a firearm. He is as dangerous as the clowns that opened fire on the firehall.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-18-2024 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:29 PM

temporary image hosting

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-18-2024, 05:16 PM

Wink Florida reload

Florida cop gives us a new phrase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Florida reload.jpg (27.1 KB, 176 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 02-18-2024, 05:49 PM

I suspect they all get the same training regardless of dept. Police are all cranked up and believe everyone is a bad guy and wants to kill them.
More guns and body armor they have the more aggressive.
Can you imagine what their response would have been if the squirrel was male licensed gun owner.
Old 02-18-2024, 05:53 PM

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpeg
Old 02-18-2024, 08:08 PM

Was there a guy in the car he emptied his clip into?
Old 02-18-2024, 08:14 PM

Yes there was. Him and his partner both shot into the vehicle. Some how they missed hitting him
Old 02-18-2024, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I believe somebody was hundcuffed in the backseat, dodging incoming blue gunfire.

Luckily, their shooting skills were also not up to par, after dumping 3 mags into patrol vehicle, suspect was not hit.

https://6abc.com/okaloosa-county-she...ting/14432563/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-18-2024, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I believe somebody was hundcuffed in the backseat, dodging incoming blue gunfire.

Luckily, their shooting skills were also not up to par, after dumping 3 mags into patrol vehicle, suspect was not hit.

https://6abc.com/okaloosa-county-she...ting/14432563/
So the end result will be a damaged vehicle, and a lawsuit, that the county will have to pay for. Luckily they didn't hurt or kill the person in the vehicle, or a bystander, or the lawsuit could have cost the county millions.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I loved the I'm hit I'm hit, im ok I feel weird but I'm ok. Made me laugh .
There are going to be TShirts made with that on it, and money to be made.

Old 02-18-2024, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Yes the guy they detained for the stolen car...
Old 02-18-2024, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I suspect they all get the same training regardless of dept. Police are all cranked up and believe everyone is a bad guy and wants to kill them.
More guns and body armor they have the more aggressive.
Can you imagine what their response would have been if the squirrel was male licensed gun owner.
The key word in your post is that you “suspect”. This means you don’t really have a clue but wanna jump on the bashing bandwagon and sound important when you surely know nothing about what law enforcement is actually like. Guess you’d prefer if law enforcement went back to when they didn’t have body armor, long guns and carried 38specials. Then you’d criticize them for not being able to properly respond and effectively deal with situations like the North Hollywood Shootout, 1986 FBI Miami shootout or perhaps a little closer to home the Mayerthorpe shooting in 2005. Unless of course you are openly advocating and desire to live in a Trudeau paradise with ZERO privately owned forearms!

Let me ask you this. Have you ever walked up to a vehicle to address a crime not knowing who is inside or what is inside. Are they a priest carpenter banker doped up druggie or murderer on the run? Do they have a hammer knife shotgun aimed at you? You ever go to work every day not knowing if some dirt bag is gunna walk up to you at a gas stationand shoot you dead because of your job? You ever respond to someone’s cry for help only be ambushed and killed or turned into a vegetable?I care to say your job does not have these risk yet can easily find real world stories where that has happened to men and women in blue. I can give you a personal story of a simple traffic stop for speed that would result in a verbal warning to slow down only to find out they were wanted for a double homicide. I can tell you of 2 coworkers 1 ambushed and shot in the head and the other run over by a truck. What about David Delaittre Montana highway patrol who made a traffic stop the year I became a deputy and was shot and killed by the driver. How about you tell his dad who heard the gunshot that killed his son that David was too aggressive.

You say cops are cranked up and think everyone is gunna kill them. Until you have a job where you hold members of the public accountable for their actions without knowing who they are or what they’re capable of you can with all due respect shove off! We don’t have the luxury living in a world of what’s the chance something will happen. We live in the world of what COULD happen! like every profession there’s good and bad people. Ones who should be there and those who should not such as this thread. Your ignorance by painting the entire career field with your misguided brush shows how little you know. I hope you never truly need law enforcement help but if you do I hope you get the same grace and compassion you show them!
Old 02-18-2024, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
The key word in your post is that you “suspect”. This means you don’t really have a clue but wanna jump on the bashing bandwagon and sound important when you surely know nothing about what law enforcement is actually like. Guess you’d prefer if law enforcement went back to when they didn’t have body armor, long guns and carried 38specials. Then you’d criticize them for not being able to properly respond and effectively deal with situations like the North Hollywood Shootout, 1986 FBI Miami shootout or perhaps a little closer to home the Mayerthorpe shooting in 2005. Unless of course you are openly advocating and desire to live in a Trudeau paradise with ZERO privately owned forearms!

Let me ask you this. Have you ever walked up to a vehicle to address a crime not knowing who is inside or what is inside. Are they a priest carpenter banker doped up druggie or murderer on the run? Do they have a hammer knife shotgun aimed at you? You ever go to work every day not knowing if some dirt bag is gunna walk up to you at a gas stationand shoot you dead because of your job? You ever respond to someone’s cry for help only be ambushed and killed or turned into a vegetable?I care to say your job does not have these risk yet can easily find real world stories where that has happened to men and women in blue. I can give you a personal story of a simple traffic stop for speed that would result in a verbal warning to slow down only to find out they were wanted for a double homicide. I can tell you of 2 coworkers 1 ambushed and shot in the head and the other run over by a truck. What about David Delaittre Montana highway patrol who made a traffic stop the year I became a deputy and was shot and killed by the driver. How about you tell his dad who heard the gunshot that killed his son that David was too aggressive.

You say cops are cranked up and think everyone is gunna kill them. Until you have a job where you hold members of the public accountable for their actions without knowing who they are or what they’re capable of you can with all due respect shove off! We don’t have the luxury living in a world of what’s the chance something will happen. We live in the world of what COULD happen! like every profession there’s good and bad people. Ones who should be there and those who should not such as this thread. Your ignorance by painting the entire career field with your misguided brush shows how little you know. I hope you never truly need law enforcement help but if you do I hope you get the same grace and compassion you show them!
Say what you like , that cop had no business carrying anything more than a Billy club if that.
And also…. SQUIRREL!
Old 02-18-2024, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Say what you like , that cop had no business carrying anything more than a Billy club if that.
And also…. SQUIRREL!
Obviously you missed where I mentioned that…
Old 02-18-2024, 10:12 PM

Quote:

Disclaimer: This post is just an observation. Now that that is out of the way.

I understand and respect the perspective you have shared, but to me it highlights a serious conundrum. On the one hand, you have an erosion of public trust in law enforcement, for many reasons we don't need to rehash, and there is a legitimacy to it. In this era of a camera in every pocket, every time a negative event happens with LEOs it ends up on the news and judgements are made, rightly or wrongly.

On the other hand, you have law enforcement becoming ever more militarized, and looking at every interaction with the public as a potential threat as your post illustrates. If the default position is to regard the public that way, there is a real possibility of more then acorns getting shot.

As I said, it's an observation, not a judgement. I don't have a solution, but clearly there is a breakdown happening in our society where the public and police no longer seem to regard each other with the default position of trust and respect. This undermines civil society, the compact is broken.

Sent from my SM-G990W2 using Tapatalk

Old 02-19-2024, 12:38 AM

Quote:

In 2013, out of approximately 900,000 sworn officers, just 100 died from a job-related injury. That's about 11.1 per 100,000, or a rate of 0.01%.

Policing doesn't even make it into the top 10 most dangerous American professions. Logging has a fatality rate 11 times higher, at 127.8 per 100,000. Fishing: 117 per 100,000. Pilot/flight engineer: 53.4 per 100,000. It's twice as dangerous to be a truck driver as a cop—at 22.1 per 100,000.

Another point to bear in mind is that not all officer fatalities are homicides. Out of the 100 deaths in 2013, 31 were shot, 11 were struck by a vehicle, 2 were stabbed, and 1 died in a "bomb-related incident." Other causes of death were: aircraft accident (1), automobile accident (28), motorcycle accident (4), falling (6), drowning (2), electrocution (1), and job-related illness (13).

Even assuming that half these deaths were homicides, policing would have a murder rate of 5.55 per 100,000, comparable to the average murder rate of U.S. cities: 5.6 per 100,000. It's more dangerous to live in Baltimore (35.01 murders per 100,000 residents) than to be a cop in 2014.

But it just isn't unusually deadly or dangerous—and it’s safer today than ever before. The data do not justify the kinds of armor, weapons, insecurity, and paranoia being displayed by police across the country. Short of an outbreak of land-mine-related crimes in America's heartland, there's no reason to deploy mine-resistant vehicles and .50 caliber machine guns to rural sheriffs departments.
And that is all I have to say about that.

Last edited by Dean2; 02-19-2024 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:01 AM

Nutty.
They need better training and some need a desk job.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:14 AM

The suspect won't need to steal any cars after the lawsuit. Apparently the male cop resigned after the shooting but the female seargent stayed on. I'm sure they'll investigate themselves and find no criminal wrong doing.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:26 AM

Quote:

Well said...
Old 02-19-2024, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

And that is all I have to say about that.

These "statistics" are 10-13 years old. Got anything more recent?...
Old 02-19-2024, 06:47 AM

Much more recent statistics.

https://ceoworld.biz/2023/09/24/rank...he-world-2023/
Old 02-19-2024, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There are only 2 groups on that list that can attribute a large portion of the deaths to a deliberate act of violence.

Logging is a dangerous job, but I would guess that most trees are not intentionally trying to kill the Logger.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Haters are gonna hate and will always have an opinion on situations they have never been exposed to.

Stay safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-19-2024, 07:35 AM

There is idiots and incompetent people in every field not just law enforcement. The problem is that do to a lack of accountability and slap on the wrist punishments when law enforcement is in the wrong the public is loosing trust in their competence

This goes for both corruption and public safety incidents

Unfortunately this has also caused a decline in respect for law enforcement and intern a decline in the number/quality of people applying for the position. Standards have declined because of this and also in the name of being more inclusive. I personally know multiple young adults that come from a family with a law enforcement background that chose another path because of this. My son who is 20 has 2 friends who originally planned to follow in their father’s footsteps and pursue a job in law enforcement but decided on another path because of the reputation of present day law enforcement

Of course there are those who don’t deserve the black eye and do a good job. But that doesn’t justify defending incompetence/corruption and the lack of accountability

Clearly improvement is needed and public opinion will not improve without it
Old 02-19-2024, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
always have an opinion on situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk