Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
FN are cleaning them up. All respectable bulls are getting cleaned up. Lots of Spikers.
You do know there have been 200 tag hunters in there as well. You should have followed emrich 55 around.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:33 AM

Very nice bulls guys,congrats and thanks for sharing.To the rest of you guys stay positive as most will be successful.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
You do know there have been 200 tag hunters in there as well. You should have followed emrich 55 around.
I agree. Way too many of the 600 licensed hunters feel that there were 400 inch bulls around every corner and if they don't get one its somebody else's fault and everything was a waste.

To me, if one guy in every season shoots a bull over 350" it was a very successful hunt. Just be happy to get the opportunity and harvest a nice 6 point bull.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:58 PM

Nice work, all. Jealous of all those racks.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:33 PM

Fantastic bull emrich! Thx for sharing!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrich-55 View Post
I got my bull about 9:15 Monday morning, we were the fourth off the base. This bull was about the 25th that we had seen. He was in a group of six with one other bull about the same size. when we were loading up we had aheard close to a thousand run about 500 yards away, with close to half being Bulls, lots of spikers but definitely some shooters too. On the drive out we seen close to another 50 bulls and 10 in and around the size I got. I do know of one bull that was taken in the 370" range. One thing we did notice was that the majority of bulls were not even on both sides,either points were broken off or just not developed. Over all we had a good experience. it's amazing seeing all those elk, would be nice if they would transplant about a thousand back to the yaha Tinda

[/URL][/IMG]
Fantastic bull and congrats to you and Buckhunter123!

In what areas of the base were you allowed to hunt? Did they section it off or were you allowed free reign (I know about the NWA)? Heading there for the 1st hunt in January. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 PM

Thumbs up

I got drawn for antlered elk for nov 30. Could care less if there is 200 extra fn hunters there! It's a huge zone that can accommodate a lot of hunters! Just gonna go and try and get a elk I'll be happy with! I guess most of the complainers on here have never been to a hunt at camp wainwright lol. Will post feedback and pics after the hunt!!
Old 11-17-2015, 09:30 PM

Nice job..we are still out there. Did you see all those bulls on the very east side next to the NWA?
Old 11-17-2015, 09:33 PM

If nothing else, the whole experience is history making. Not likely in the near future will we see this many elk in one place and be a part if it. Something those who partake will have stories to tell there kids and grandkids.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
If nothing else, the whole experience is history making. Not likely in the near future will we see this many elk in one place and be a part if it. Something those who partake will have stories to tell there kids and grandkids.
I have to agree. Myself and two buddies went out nov 4 5 and 6 with cow tags and had a blast. It was a lot of fun. Did a lot of bs'ing and made some memories and not to mention filled a lot of freezers. Would definatly do it again.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:40 PM

You got that right. History in the making, regardless of the hurt feelings and bitching or trophies. It's a story to tell forever.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Banned

Suffield nov 16, patrol said largest taken that morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (109.1 KB, 990 views)
Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereiwas72 View Post
Nice job..we are still out there. Did you see all those bulls on the very east side next to the NWA?
North east corner by the lakes all the bulls know to head to the wildlife reserve. And there were on a dead run with this one the biggest.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Banned

Got him hung man it's a lot of meat
Old 11-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Banned

wow nice bull!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhunter123 View Post
There was a 390" killed that am . I have pics of the bull before both hunts and now a pic of him dead . Sorry can't share.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud on the tires View Post
I have to agree. Myself and two buddies went out nov 4 5 and 6 with cow tags and had a blast. It was a lot of fun. Did a lot of bs'ing and made some memories and not to mention filled a lot of freezers. Would definatly do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantastic View Post
You got that right. History in the making, regardless of the hurt feelings and bitching or trophies. It's a story to tell forever.
Truth be told, this is the worst case of resources mismanagement in Alberta's history, nothing to be proud of if you ask me...

What is most troubling is how our own group views others with the gross negligence displayed at CFB and the infractions that have gone on during these culls.. Disgusting actually, so sharing this with future generations should be based on what NOT to do, opposed to the "wow" factor. IMO.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Truth be told, this is the worst case of resources mismanagement in Alberta's history, nothing to be proud of if you ask me...

What is most troubling is how our own group views others with the gross negligence displayed at CFB and the infractions that have gone on during these culls.. Disgusting actually, so sharing this with future generations should be based on what NOT to do, opposed to the "wow" factor. IMO.
What infractions are you talking about
Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Beauty!!

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrich-55 View Post
I got my bull about 9:15 Monday morning, we were the fourth off the base. This bull was about the 25th that we had seen. He was in a group of six with one other bull about the same size. when we were loading up we had aheard close to a thousand run about 500 yards away, with close to half being Bulls, lots of spikers but definitely some shooters too. On the drive out we seen close to another 50 bulls and 10 in and around the size I got. I do know of one bull that was taken in the 370" range. One thing we did notice was that the majority of bulls were not even on both sides,either points were broken off or just not developed. Over all we had a good experience. it's amazing seeing all those elk, would be nice if they would transplant about a thousand back to the yaha Tinda

[/URL][/IMG]
Awesome hunt...nice Bull...very nice! Thanks for getting the picture up here, I understand no pictures are allowed on the base so it's nice to see a good one make it to this thread
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud on the tires View Post
What infractions are you talking about
Well were does one start, there have been more than enough discussions on the legalities of the actions of some on CFB. No sense bringing more light to the fiasco here.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Well were does one start, there have been more than enough discussions on the legalities of the actions of some on CFB. No sense bringing more light to the fiasco here.
Well we hunted there the last two days and saw no shenanigan at all. That being said we avoided the crowds. Didn't run after the large herds when told "hey there's a heard of 500 over there but better get there quick"

I took it for what it was, a cull hunt, and am perfectly satisfied with the tender viddles (little 2 pointer) I now have hanging in the garage. Would definitely do the hunt again. Did not find it crowed at all. But if you're a trophy hunter and expect to have that sort of experience don't be disappointed or complain if it goes sideways.

With all this being said, yes there was issues and idiots. On Tuesday morning the Sergeant got up and lectured the people about the stupidy that was reported. Trucks breaking up herds, people shooting out windows etc. All it will take is one injury to a hunter and this hunt will be gone.

On a side note the morning briefs were about 2/3 licensed hunters and about 1/3 FN hunters. And FN hunters typically did it as a family affair which I thought was just fine. Grandma probably has never seen large herds of Elk like that and probably quite enjoyed it. Your typical licensed hunters truck had 2 guys in it while the typical FN truck had four or five persons. And the FN were shooting cows as well so certainly not truckloads of cranker bulls like some say. In my experience anyway

My only real issues would be the enforcement of the rules and prosecution of idiots out there. That needs to be done. And I still think you need to be an AB residents only, whether that be Licensed of FN.

Safe hunting for the rest of the season. The backstraps of my very first elk will be on the BBQ tonight!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Not everybody has got to see these infractions I guess. Was just trying to find something positive about it with all that has gone on the forum lately.

I take it you had a bad experience?
Old 11-18-2015, 02:29 PM

Hey, how did you make out on your cow elk hunt at the base??
Seen lots?? What end seems to be the most productive?? Just curious, heading there in January, 2nd week.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXUSJAKE View Post
Hey, how did you make out on your cow elk hunt at the base??
Seen lots?? What end seems to be the most productive?? Just curious, heading there in January, 2nd week.
When we were there first cow season of November there were piles of cow elk. Just a matter of finding them getting to them and actually getting out of your vehicle and going for a walk. We had no issue bringing 6 cow elk home in two days
Old 11-18-2015, 09:55 PM

Got this guy, 3rd day seen tons of Bulls, some way bigger lots way smaller. Hundreds of cows also. Overall good experience, First Nations were great, everyone was friendly, never seen any infractions, beside a guy traveling out of bounds, but he turned around when he realized we're he was. Any wounded animals were quickly dispatched by natives or range control, give them a call and they come right out and get it done.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 PM

Those are pigs! Nice!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY View Post
There was a 390" killed that am . I have pics of the bull before both hunts and now a pic of him dead . Sorry can't share.
Right. If so range patrol and f and w must have lied.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Well they must have because this bull way bigger than yours .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0242.jpg (50.8 KB, 981 views)
Old 11-19-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
It very well may have been the biggest killed so far that morning, but def not the biggest killed.