Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Sounds like they're looking at only taking a few semi autos off the market. I'll reserve judgement until something actually happens.
I don't care if they're only taking one gun away. It's a waste. Quit letting criminals roam the streets before you worry about a non-existent problem, just because it fits your ideology.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I don't care if they're only taking one gun away. It's a waste. Quit letting criminals roam the streets before you worry about a non-existent problem, just because it fits your ideology.
Depends on the gun, if there are semi autos that can easily be made fully automatic with simple modifications, and you can get high round magazine for. I think we absolutely have to look at those rifles.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Depends on the gun, if there are semi autos that can easily be made fully automatic with simple modifications, and you can get high round magazine for. I think we absolutely have to look at those rifles.
And if you are gullible enough to believe that an AR-15 can be easily converted to fully automatic, with a simple modification, then you are the kind of person that the Liberal/RCMP propaganda is targeting. If their propaganda results in enough gullible people believing their nonsense, then it won't be long before the Liberals/RCMP are able to disarm all Canadian civilians.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And if you are gullible enough to believe that an AR-15 can be easily converted to fully automatic, then you are the kind of person that the Liberal/RCMP propaganda is targeting.
Id like to know what they would consider easily modified for sure. Is it just taking out a pin or is it rebuilding the whole action?
Old 01-15-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Id like to know what they would consider easily modified for sure. Is it just taking out a pin or is it rebuilding the whole action?
Modifications vary by rifle and the trigger they have installed.

Easily modified? If you are a machinist, possibly. For an average joe with hand tools, you will wreck more guns, than you will successfully convert.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they're talking about bump firing, and the bump fire stocks you can get. It's the undereducated Americans shooting full auto at propane tanks and things like this that make people gun CRAZY, and I agree, but we don't have mass shootings here for the most part, really more knife attacks than anything. Other countries need to model their gun policy after us
Old 01-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage addict View Post
I'm pretty sure they're talking about bump firing, and the bump fire stocks you can get. It's the undereducated Americans shooting full auto at propane tanks and things like this that make people gun CRAZY, and I agree, but we don't have mass shootings here for the most part, really more knife attacks than anything. Other countries need to model their gun policy after us
Very well put !
Old 01-15-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage addict View Post
I agree, our background checks and waiting period I'm sure have helped reduce gun violence here.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I agree, our background checks and waiting period I'm sure have helped reduce gun violence here.
How did that help the victims of eco polytechnique?? Not at all. The Gun hysteria that followed cost Canadians 2.6 Billion $$$$$ and didn't do a damn thing, other than show the Political Lobbyist group of the RCMP how much money they can siphon out of public coffers in the name of "Safety".
Those $$ could have been put to a far better use, one that actually saves lives.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And if you are gullible enough to believe that an AR-15 can be easily converted to fully automatic, with a simple modification, then you are the kind of person that the Liberal/RCMP propaganda is targeting. If their propaganda results in enough gullible people believing their nonsense, then it won't be long before the Liberals/RCMP are able to disarm all Canadian civilians.
Good luck with that, won't happen. There are a few Liberals out there with guns, they'd be idiots if they tried. Would never govern again IMO.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Good luck with that, won't happen. There are a few Liberals out there with guns, they'd be idiots if they tried. Would never govern again IMO.
How many Australians do you suppose said just that? They start by targeting a few semi autos, them they go after the rest of the semi autos, then they go after lever actions and pump actions. Eventually they go after the remaining firearms. It takes time, but if they do this in steps, it greatly reduces the opposition from the public.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Allan Rock basically made a pile of guns illegal and made all sorts of stupid laws by order in council .
Read some of his quotes if you don't think he had an agenda
Cat
Old 01-16-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin View Post
There are more without guns another comment proving how much of a ****ing moron you actually are.
Canada has a 30.8 guns per hundred people. Not everyone owns a gun but most people at least know someone with a gun. I know a few people who will come out shooting with me who don't own guns. Doesn't mean they're against them. As I said if the Libs go after guns again they're idiots. The last time they did it they didn't govern again for 10 years.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
As I said if the Libs go after guns again they're idiots.
What will that make the people that voted for them?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:49 PM

Pot Heads.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
What will that make the people that voted for them?
Better then voting for someone trying to destroy healthcare and put firewalls around Alberta. And wheres that great economy Harper was talking about? Back in another recession thanks to his ridiculous policies.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Canada has a 30.8 guns per hundred people. Not everyone owns a gun but most people at least know someone with a gun. I know a few people who will come out shooting with me who don't own guns. Doesn't mean they're against them. As I said if the Libs go after guns again they're idiots. The last time they did it they didn't govern again for 10 years.
Ok so you say there is 30.8 guns per 100 people. That may be true it may not be I don't know. What I do know is that most people that are liberals are urbanites. I mean real urbanites. They don't have any true knowledge about firearms. They get there knowledge from the media because it is so trustworthy.... As far as most liberals are concerned guns go bang and are ment to take human lives. They can't tell the difference between hardened criminals or the father out hunting with his son. I recently completed my apprenticeship. I was at NAIT when the attacks happened in Paris. One of the guys was talking about how Donald trump had said that the solution to the problem is to arm all the citizens. A bunch of the guys in my class said that was stupid because than everyone would just shoot each other. They looked at me with absolute shock when I said trump was right. These are the kind of people we are dealing with. They have no clue. It are allowed to make the decisions. We as the firearms community are very small. Until we get more TRUE education out there (not the bs that cbc puts out can't watch or read that without wanting to lose my mind) things will not change.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin View Post
Ok so you say there is 30.8 guns per 100 people. That may be true it may not be I don't know. What I do know is that most people that are liberals are urbanites. I mean real urbanites. They don't have any true knowledge about firearms. They get there knowledge from the media because it is so trustworthy.... As far as most liberals are concerned guns go bang and are ment to take human lives. They can't tell the difference between hardened criminals or the father out hunting with his son. I recently completed my apprenticeship. I was at NAIT when the attacks happened in Paris. One of the guys was talking about how Donald trump had said that the solution to the problem is to arm all the citizens. A bunch of the guys in my class said that was stupid because than everyone would just shoot each other. They looked at me with absolute shock when I said trump was right. These are the kind of people we are dealing with. They have no clue. It are allowed to make the decisions. We as the firearms community are very small. Until we get more TRUE education out there (not the bs that cbc puts out can't watch or read that without wanting to lose my mind) things will not change.
I know quite a few urbanites that hunt and shoot. No need to label them. I think shooting is actually making a comeback with a lot of young people. While I agree that people may not be as educated on the issue as they should be. I think its our responsibility as gun owners to educate our friends and relatives on why gun rights are important.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:35 PM
Banned

Default you troll

Quote:

Where did you get this statistic?

As has been alluded to do have skin in the game?
Old 01-16-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Where did you get this statistic?

As has been alluded to do have skin in the game?
google is your friend... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number...ita_by_country
Old 01-15-2016, 10:42 PM

For the record, I don't think there should be any tightening of the law. However, the OP has misread. Nothing I can see in the article indicates an overall ba on semi-automatic weapons. Sensationalizing is easy but reduces the posters argument and/or credibility.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:40 AM

Canada has no legislation that says they have to give you anything for your surrendered property.
If we all stand together and protest at every federal building in the country and say no the rcmp don't have enough jails for all of us
Old 02-04-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer31 View Post
Canada has no legislation that says they have to give you anything for your surrendered property.
If we all stand together and protest at every federal building in the country and say no the rcmp don't have enough jails for all of us
The key word is surrendered. They have to convince us all to turn in our semi's. If we can all band together and give a resounding NO, whether you have a semi or not, it will send a damn clear message that gun owners are tired of being pushed around. WE are not the problem.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad6510 View Post
The key word is surrendered. They have to convince us all to turn in our semi's. If we can all band together and give a resounding NO, whether you have a semi or not, it will send a damn clear message that gun owners are tired of being pushed around. WE are not the problem.
The problem with your suggestion is that it is a reactive tactic,
which requires us to stand united, which we have frequently demonstrated we are unable to do.

We will always lose In an 'us vs them' strategy or confrontation,
there are more of 'them' than there are of 'us',
and they are better organized politically, financially and strategically.

IMHO, we need a proactive strategy that supports the self interest of non gun-owners.

Our task is to convince non gun-owners they are the prime beneficiaries of a responsible, properly regulated and armed Citizenry,
and that (as history teaches us) their greatest risk comes from the proponents of Citizen disarmament.

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
The problem with your suggestion is that it is a reactive tactic,
which requires us to stand united, which we have frequently demonstrated we are unable to do.

We will always lose In an 'us vs them' strategy or confrontation,
there are more of 'them' than there are of 'us',
and they are better organized politically, financially and strategically.

IMHO, we need a proactive strategy that supports the self interest of non gun-owners.

Our task is to convince non gun-owners they are the prime beneficiaries of a responsible, properly regulated and armed Citizenry,
and that (as history teaches us) their greatest risk comes from the proponents of Citizen disarmament.

Good Luck, YMMV.
I agree wholeheartedly that a proactive approach is the key. The CCFR is a well organized group that is doing a great job in lobbying our government, offering support and counsel to them in regards to changes. The more people we can get pushing guns into the positive light the better, however my fear is that, with a majority government whose leader is inept at best, that we may be forced into the corner and reaction would be our only play. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that, but I think if we can put aside our differences in pursuit of our common goals, we can actually make an impact. Special interest groups garner a lot of attention, usually pandering off the backs of victims, but they get heard and get results. We need to keep pushing.
High river has all but faded in many peoples minds, other than those affected. Had the RCMP illegally entered homes, seized pets and "lost" them, you can bet your ass the whole country would be up in arms. This is where we need to be focusing, getting the masses to realize that guns are not weapons, they are tools and sporting equipment but most importantly the personal property of law abiding citizens.
We should not have to feel like criminals because we enjoy a sport. But unless everyone can get on board I fear we will be pushed into that corner sooner rather than later
Old 02-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Why not band together and fight this in court. If enough gun owners stood united and make enough noise, we may have a chance. At the very least it is better than complaining and not at least putting up a fight.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Banned

Default If life was simple.

I understand and appreciate your post.

Thank you for participating.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:59 PM

"The restricted and prohibited firearm provisions of Criminal Code regulations were last updated in 1995, and there are presently numerous models of military and paramilitary firearms on the Canadian market which are outside the scope of the Criminal Code regulations, many being non-restricted in classification," says the 15-page report.

Typical CBC drivel and all from the Liberal pocket pooch press...

Very paranoid and very misinformed too. Changes were made due to the gestapo like motives of the RCMP higher ups and the Liberal government from the time of the LGR. Not only have changes been made but only those that aren't law abiding will make these modifications, many of the firearms in question will simply come apart or have major troubles when modified.

This just proves how backward, uninformed and dictatorial our new government is. We as the people that supposedly voted them in no longer have a say in what happens with our rights.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 02-14-2016, 11:03 PM

The RCMP is the one who approves whether or not they can be imported or sold in Canada. Obviously their "experts" (that's a play on words) tested imported and domestic firearms and deemed them OK. So they are the ones who are creating their own problem but trying to blame firearm owners for illegally modifying that which the RCMP OK'd.
There are very few in this country who can posses true "assault rifles". The media is obviously too stupid and ignorant to know the difference. It's all a play for attention.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control

Last edited by 8x68S; 02-14-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:33 AM

Turdo wants Canada to have a seat at the security council and will pay any price to get it. He won't even flinch at throwing gun owners under the bus to achieve that end. RCMP will merrily go along with it to gain their monopoly on guns so don't forget to renew your membership and/or contribute to at least one pro-gun group.