Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2023, 01:27 PM

Default Auto insurance

I purchased another truck that I won’t be driving to work. So part time I guess. Value of truck is $25k. Cheap insurance they want $117 a month. I’m 56 excellent driving record no claims in 20 years.
Sounds like too much to me. What say you? Also any recommendations on other insurance company’s I can call for home and auto insurance

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:10 PM

You could try Peace Hills. I’m using them for auto and condo insurance.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:19 PM

What if someone hits you in the parking lot? It will likely take many, many months to break even. With Alberta's new insurance, it's not just the driving record anymore, but the value of the vehicle being insured.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:19 PM

Try co-operators. My old company jacked up my rates 40% or so when i went for renewal (no claims in 20+ years) so i did some shopping around and actually got my truck AND trailer insured for about $1100/year. I don’t use it for work, either. Just on weekends.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:25 PM

just cancelled with intact. They wanted $305 a month, when I talked with them and explained my clean driving record they said...... exactly, your due. LOL. not even joking. I switched to brokers enroute, $87 a month when combined with home.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
just cancelled with intact. They wanted $305 a month, when I talked with them and explained my clean driving record they said...... exactly, your due. LOL. not even joking. I switched to brokers enroute, $87 a month when combined with home.
Dont blame you for cancelling Intact. I'm in the process right now after several years with them There rates went nuts this year. Trying to insure 3 autos with no claims or inf,ractios without paying insane rates appears to be pretty tough these days.
I think I'm going to Millenium Ins.. Never heard of them befor but they seem to have the best rates on everything... by far .
Old 08-16-2023, 08:20 PM

Absolutely no loyalty, every 4 years I shop around, Intact....Travellers....now with Cooperators.