Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Chironomid

TundraBuck is a relative of mine, he's in Labrador for work until later this fall so he's not around.

If guys are interested I think we could do something like this either at the end of the month or early September, what do you guys think? North Ram or there are a few other spots out there I know that country by the back of my head.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:53 AM

Default I would come

any weekend works-well I will make it work. Would prefer a place I can get the trailer into but will come even if I have to tent it.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:15 PM

hey that would ber cool park and quad in . Or somethinmg like that. Depending on what intails for September I have4 2 busy weekends but I might be up for something.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:28 PM

Default Salmon cancelled, the pressure's on!

Well son on the beach, my salmon trip is cancelled due to buddy and his new job; "..sorry dude it can't happen this year..." So the money and the time are available! Not bringing my woman, want to catch fish. I like catching cutthroat, and a buzz - whenever in september is good for me.

I have a deep frying setup, not too expereinced with it though, just for corn roasts so far. Big enough to feed all of us. Anyone done a big chili in one of these?? I have yet to try that.

Trailer spot would be great, but I have a tent setup as well. No ohv for me, unless my one ton can drive in too.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Default I don't have an

ATV either but will follow the "path" LOL
Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Chironomid

Mostly deer and elk trails there guys. Why don't you guys PM me and we'll see if we can put something together. Where are you from tonyflyfish?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
tundra tried to set this up way back in march, and there was little to no intrest so it was droped. then someone in red deer tried to set on up even looked into booking a whole campground, but every one argued over when so it to was droped. i still think it would be a great idea. might have to plan one over the winter.
See, if we want this to happen, then a person or a few are going to have to take charge and plan something. You're not going to make everybody happy so the only way I could possibly see this happening is pick a long weekend, plan it, make the reservations, and tell people this is when it is. Not everybody will be able to make it, but if you give everybody a chance to at least plan around it then this could be getting off the ground.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Chironomid

Long weekends are gong shows. Weekend before a long weekend is ideal as streams haven't been pounded and quads driven through them 50,000,000,000,000 times.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:41 AM

Sept 12, 13, 14. I do not know the Ram area, so a person with good directions to a good site would be a great asset.
I would imagine that there will be 5-20 people out there, so a spot to accomodate those kinds of numbers would be great. We don't need to argue on when and where, lets just hear some spots and put it to a vote. Reading that the NRR has not been very good this year we could head elsewhere if there are any ideas, lets hear it!

I am looking forward to catching a few fish, meeting some board members, and learning some new things. Just thought I would throw a date out there.

Any objections?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Default This is good for me

I will be just ending a week on the Forestry Trunk so this will be a grand finale!! I will go along with the majority as to the location. I do not know the area very well so I won't make any suggestions. If a 29 ft trailer fits in there it will be all the better but we can hike in also!