Old 09-05-2020, 08:41 AM

Nice bucks and bulls everyone 👍👍
Old 09-05-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
My 2020 mule deer

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
What a stud! Congratulations!

We need to hear the story on this brute!

BW
Old 09-05-2020, 10:39 AM
Banned

This is awesome guys. One day I might even have a picture here. Great work and amazing photos
Old 09-05-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
My 2020 mule deer

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Why didn't you hold out for a world record Muley?......my oh my......

You need to post the story to go with that buck, he's amazing.

And tbrown! That wt buck your fiancé got is equally awesome. Crazy nice velvet bucks!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Banned

Nicely done ladies and gentlemen, 2020 might have been a train wreck up until now, looks like this archery season has it turning around!
Old 09-05-2020, 03:49 PM

My 2020 mulie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2020, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couleestalker View Post

My 2020 mulie.

LOL! What a cranker!
Old 09-05-2020, 09:31 PM

Interesting how wide he is and how much mass he has, but his forks aren’t very deep. Cool buck!
Old 09-05-2020, 10:25 PM

Thats a beauty CS! Got a heck of a span on him.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-06-2020, 08:44 AM

I saw a PIG of a bull elk in the back of a truck heading toward Nanton on the 533 on Friday afternoon - hoping that was someone on here because I need more pictures of that thing lol.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Default 2020 Spring bear

Awesome animals so far everyone 🙂 a little late but better late then never here is my 2020 spring bear

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:24 AM

My 2020 speed goat

Old 09-09-2020, 09:52 AM

First elk for me. Took 6 years of hunting, and 6 hours to get him to come in.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:01 AM

Default 2020 Alberta moose

10 year wait for my Alberta moose

Old 09-09-2020, 12:08 PM

Just awesome, guys. Lovin' it! Gotta stick something! LOL.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:59 PM

Default 2020 antelope

After 12 years of priority, i finally pulled my antelope archery tag. I’ve been scouting since mid June, and while I’ve found some stomper bucks, none of the super big ones stayed in the same area. This buck i had pictures of every single time i went out there - he was always in the same 1/2 section of EID land. Him being the best buck I’d been able to see reliably, he was my #1 target. Opening week, we got on him a few times, and he responded twice to the decoy - coming in to 85 yards or so twice. That’s the closest he would come, before turning around to go back to his does. This morning i drove out there and saw him immediately - bedded with his does only about 40 yards off the road allowance.
I drove past him, none of them paid the truck any attention, so i ditched it about 150 yards past them, and used the ditch as cover to belly crawl closer. They were in a perfect spot from my angle, as there was a small silver willow bush about 5 yards inside the fence, and 52 yards from him that i was able to use as cover to get to my knees, draw my bow, ease back and shoot him in his bed. The arrow cut through the bottom of his heart - he only went about 100 yards before tipping over dead.
Definitely not the most difficult hunt I’ve ever been on - from the time i left the truck to the time the arrow hit him, it couldn’t have been more than 25 minutes. Still, it was super exciting, and now i can focus on finding my son his drop tine muley!

Old 09-09-2020, 02:21 PM

Looks like a great buck!!!!! Congrats!
Old 09-09-2020, 03:39 PM

Thanks for sharing, Great buck, Great story
Old 09-09-2020, 05:27 PM

Nice antelope... when I shot mine we tried decoys and all the tricks, I ended up spot and stalk killing mine too... some times you have to use the familiar tools to get the job done.

LC
Old 09-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Well done everyone. Some very fine animals taken and great adventures I'm sure.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
This is awesome guys. One day I might even have a picture here. Great work and amazing photos
Oops... I guess not

Nice animals folks
Old 09-10-2020, 08:19 AM

Great pics all and keep them coming. Great to see some early season success!! Congrats all

DR
Old 09-10-2020, 08:42 AM

I've noticed that the picture quality has improved quite a bit over the past year.

It really shows in these gorgeous photos! Some of these look magazine-quality.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLayden View Post

Congrats! How did it all go down? Bugle, cow calls? Give us the juicy details lol. I’ll be heading out tomorrow for the weekend for another kick at the can!
Old 09-11-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Congrats! How did it all go down? Bugle, cow calls? Give us the juicy details lol. I’ll be heading out tomorrow for the weekend for another kick at the can!
We got to the bottom of a valley @ 10AM. Hopped up 100 yards and bugled. Instant response! I could see 6 cows 75 yards out, and my partner saw the bull trailing them. It appeared they were headed up mountain to a patch of dark timber we knew they used as a bedding area.

They were on the move so we kept moving 100 yards and bugling, and he would also bugle back, always moving away. We played this until 1:30 and as we were nearing the dark timber we sat down, and let him and his cows bed as I knew he wouldn't leave them until they were settled.

2:30 we crept into a small opening 100 yards away from the dark timber. I could see cows bedded and I screamed a bugle at him. Instant response and I cut him off with a challenge bugle. In the meantime two calves came into the opening and I was able to chirp with them for 5 minutes and was full draw on one, but didn't shoot.

The bull then bugled again and didn't appear to have left his bed. I screamed a bugle and raked a tree while one of the calves was staring at me 30 yards away. I looked down and saw the bull coming.

He came to the edge of the opening 27 yards from us and raked a tree for 5 minutes (seemed much longer!). He stepped sideways and bugled straight at us!!

The calves were still in the opening and the moved down slope, and I was worried the bull would follow, but he took another step behind a tree and I drew back. One more step and he would be broadside at 25 yards. Takes the step, try to stop him, but he took one more.

I had an opening of 3" to get the arrow through. I talked myself out of the shot and back into it and let it go. 4:00PM

He ran down 40 yards and the rest is history and sore feet!
Old 09-11-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
We got to the bottom of a valley @ 10AM. Hopped up 100 yards and bugled. Instant response! I could see 6 cows 75 yards out, and my partner saw the bull trailing them. It appeared they were headed up mountain to a patch of dark timber we knew they used as a bedding area.

They were on the move so we kept moving 100 yards and bugling, and he would also bugle back, always moving away. We played this until 1:30 and as we were nearing the dark timber we sat down, and let him and his cows bed as I knew he wouldn't leave them until they were settled.

2:30 we crept into a small opening 100 yards away from the dark timber. I could see cows bedded and I screamed a bugle at him. Instant response and I cut him off with a challenge bugle. In the meantime two calves came into the opening and I was able to chirp with them for 5 minutes and was full draw on one, but didn't shoot.

The bull then bugled again and didn't appear to have left his bed. I screamed a bugle and raked a tree while one of the calves was staring at me 30 yards away. I looked down and saw the bull coming.

He came to the edge of the opening 27 yards from us and raked a tree for 5 minutes (seemed much longer!). He stepped sideways and bugled straight at us!!

The calves were still in the opening and the moved down slope, and I was worried the bull would follow, but he took another step behind a tree and I drew back. One more step and he would be broadside at 25 yards. Takes the step, try to stop him, but he took one more.

I had an opening of 3" to get the arrow through. I talked myself out of the shot and back into it and let it go. 4:00PM

Awesome story. Lots of patience and persistence. Also the experience of knowing when to sit back, and when to move in and challenge.

Masterful work.

Old 09-12-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Fantastic, thanks for sharing & congrats again on getting it done.

We got skunked again this weekend SW of Calgary. Hot and dry with no elk sign.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Congrats on your success! I’m also on year 6... maybe it’s the magic number lol.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:26 PM
Banned

Had another successful hunt this weekend. Never shot anything but got real close to these guys, they get a pass this year, I hope they make it till next fall because the one on the right is gonna be a dandy!

Congrats to all so far!