Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

Default stoney trail question for calgarians

every month or so i drive to calgary from edm. I have to go to the calgary humane society in south east calgary. the last couple times were very frustrating due to backed up traffic on the deerfoot. i have never taken the stoney trail route east as you come into calgary and was wondering if it connects up anywhere near south east calgary. don't mind a few extra kms. if it means a smoother trip. thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 AM

The furthest south it goes is to 17 ave SE. You could take it, head west on 17 ave, then head south on 52 st SE. But depending on the time of day, and train schedules, there could be just as many delays taking this route
Old 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadyaz View Post
.....depending on the time of day, and train schedules, there could be just as many delays taking this route
That's right. Try not to get there at the PM rush hour because that's usually when the trains block 52st SE for long periods leading to mile-long traffic backups.

Nobody seems to want to do anything about it.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadyaz View Post
The furthest south it goes is to 17 ave SE. You could take it, head west on 17 ave, then head south on 52 st SE. But depending on the time of day, and train schedules, there could be just as many delays taking this route
This was my thought as well. Whatevery you do if you take Stoney do not go over to 84th ST as of This Friday night it will be permanetly closed at Glenmore.

By next month you should be able to take Stoney down to Glenmore then you could take Glenmore west to Barlow.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
This was my thought as well. Whatevery you do if you take Stoney do not go over to 84th ST as of This Friday night it will be permanetly closed at Glenmore.

By next month you should be able to take Stoney down to Glenmore then you could take Glenmore west to Barlow.
They did open the road from 84th street to peigan trail connecting to 52nd STreet because of the glenmore closure