Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Try not to spend too much time worrying and missing him.

Every time we sent the kids off for a week or two with their grandparents... we'd spend half our waking time like the OP wondering what to do with ourselves and wondering what the kids were up to....especially my wife.

Of course the kids were fine...and having a ball but suddenly we were finding ourselves a bit lost and distracted because they weren't there.

The best thing was to get out of the house.
We'd take day trips or short overnighters because the house suddenly felt SO empty it drove us nuts.
I dont have the time to miss my 17 yr old'er when I go away... Cause she texts me no longer out of the drive way til I drive back in the drive way... ha
but ya... dont worry because they are going to have soooo much fun !
Old 07-26-2012, 07:48 AM

He is super excited.
Will be heading out extra early as we will be meeting up with friends on site and the kids will explore the camp together. Then there is rumour we might be cooking on a campfire for lunch and let the kids play some more. Will be taking homemade pickled beets out to share at lunch, might even get the beans pickled to share too.

I work all week, but plan on having some fun after work without my little guy.
Sunday night I have promised my old sitter to take her out for crab at booker's. Think she will love that.

Plan on getting some evening fishing in. Plus I get to sleep in till 0645 while he is away. Since I won't have to make the long commutes.