Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 AM

Default Benelli M2 20 gauge vs Beretta 391 20 gauge recoil question

Hi All,

I am looking for real world experience with both guns in 20 gauge. I have a 391 in 20 gauge (for the past 15 years in different models) and love it. I am looking at a benelli left hand M2 comfortech, in 20 gauge and am wondering if anyone has shot both guns and can give me their impressions on recoil, using the same shell in the guns, whether it is field or waterfowl loads.

I understand shotguns and know that the Benelli is lighter and will recoil more and that fit is a factor, etc. I wish I could try it before I buy it, but that is not an option.

Thanks

Mark
Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 PM

I am not sure as to the underlying thought line for your question. Are you having physical difficulties with the recoil level of your existing gun? You can shoot an equal load in a 12ga and get "nicer" recoil experience as a heavy load in a 20, ie; 1oz vs 1oz, or 1-1/4 vs 1-1/4. A gun that is 1 lb lighter will "feel" different, than the heavier gun with the same load. But, all said and done, the only difference may be the response of the gun in your hands thru recoil, the recoil difference, could well be impossible to tell. Not likely that someone else can relate to that experience the same way as you. Just the way two similarly built and sized people hold the gun, creates a different experience. It is a tough evaluation to make.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:24 PM

My nephew has a m2 in 20 gauge and he is very small framed and recoil sensitive. He has no issue with the. M2 recoil. Last fall he was shooting the remington hypersonic 3" rounds at geese with no issue.