Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 AM

don't know how that was illegal? Couldn't you have potentially even had a third hook on there and it would be considered legal still?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
jrs

When fishing the grub body is substituted for a smelt. This exact photo which clearly shows 1 treble hook is the one that accompanied my original post replying to whoever was interested. Unless someones confused regarding the definition or a hook as opposed to number of shafts on a hook? It clearly says in the regs one treble hook still only counts as one hook, my rig still has less "points" than a standard rapala if anyones wanting to compare it to other popular gear. Does the loose dacron next to the treble appear to be a third hook?

Fish and wildlife officers have inspected my lures before, i'm am extremely careful to always follow the regulations otherwise i wouldn't bother arguing about this. Good day.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM

this set up is 100% ligal....
Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 PM

hey guys i was just wondering when is the best time to fish burbot an how many feet of water should a guy be fishing in.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Burbot

We have been fishing Pine weekly and they have been pretty consistent for us in 15-20 ft of water. Caught a dozen on Monday night and seem to be best as usual from around sundown until about 7:30. Just to add to a previous post we checked the bellies of all I filleted this week and appears spawning is done. We discussed previous that the fished looked skinny and maybe done and found no sign of eggs and no milk in any this week. Sounds a bit early but in January they were all fat and eggs and milk running all over. Fishing was still ok so no complaints.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
Sorry for confusion, not illegal though. I can repost the picture later if you want proof of what it is. Please be careful of calling something illegal without clarifying please. Thanks Don, i'm not trying to come accross as rude, i do appreciate the moderators on this board.
O.K., Sorry. I was misdirected and should have looked at the picture more closely (too early in the a.m.).

Enough said, carry-on!

Don
Old 02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
jrs

No problem Don, i fully understand how the mornings can be.