Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 01:27 PM

Default Is Cabela's Dropping Len Thompson?

I just checked the Cabela's website and a great deal of their spoons are now listed as " no longer available" rather than out of stock. Was looking to buy close to 20 or so smaller spoons for trout but they only had the small 5 of diamonds in stock. It would make sense as Bass Pro does not list them on their website. This could be a bad move if Cabela's intends on dropping the Len Thompson line up.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-13-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I just checked the Cabela's website and a great deal of their spoons are now listed as " no longer available" rather than out of stock. Was looking to buy close to 20 or so smaller spoons for trout but they only had the small 5 of diamonds in stock. It would make sense as Bass Pro does not list them on their website. This could be a bad move if Cabela's intends on dropping the Len Thompson line up.
Maybe Len Thompson dropped Cabela's. I bet it's a nightmare trying to deal with them and Bass Pro.

Len Thompson is a great family business from what I can tell. They were here long before Cabela's and Bass Pro came to Canada. They probably do a great business with Canadian Tire without a lot of the red tape they might be experiencing with free trade being what it has become.

BW
Old 08-13-2018, 02:02 PM

I don't think Len Thompson would drop Cabela's, that's got to be a pretty big market for them. I could see it being the other way around because Cabela's might be pushing their knock off 5 of diamonds and red devils instead of the Len Thompson's. It would be nice to hear that Len Thompson officially dropped Cabela's though, prehaps then Cabela's might start getting their "stuff" in order before other companies stop dealing with them as well.
Guess I will have to order directly to get all the spoons I wanted now.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:43 PM

If you try to buy pretty much anything on the Cabelas website these days, you're going to get the "no longer available" error.

If you go into any Cabelas store right now, ALL Cabelas branded gear in ALL departments is 20% off.

My guess is it has nothing whatsoever to do with Len Thompson, and everything to do with the Bass Pro takeover of Cabelas.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:04 PM

Cabela's has traditionally has 20% off Cabela's branded stuff at various sales. No change here.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
Cabela's has traditionally has 20% off Cabela's branded stuff at various sales. No change here.
20% off of EVERY Cabela’s branded product in the entire store at the same time?

Was the same in both the Calgary and Regina stores. Im not a Cabela’s regular, but I’ve never seen that before. Makes me think something’s up...
Old 08-13-2018, 04:05 PM

You could always order right from the source. The factory is closed till Aug 20 though.

http://www.shoplenthompson.ca/store/..._Products.html
Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM

Maybe TFH is the answer. They have a great selection. Don't care for knock offs or the big stores much. They do catch fish but in my opinion not as many. Maybe I don't know how to use them properly. I do have a wide assortment size shape color of those replicas.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafman3 View Post
You could always order right from the source. The factory is closed till Aug 20 though.

http://www.shoplenthompson.ca/store/..._Products.html
Thats were I ended up ordering from, The Fishin Hole doesn't have the small firetiger spoons Im looking for.