Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 07:40 AM

Default Russian sizing

Can anyone tell me what size this is, or what the numbers mean? 60-62/182-188. From my search, the first number is a jacket size, but I cannot find anything on the last numbers. Height in metric?

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-16-2019, 08:05 AM

Thumbs up Find a winter suit yet?

60-62 = 42" to 44" waist, 47" to 49" chest (which would be our size 48 or 50 for the jacket)
182-188 = 6' to 6'2" tall

The 60-62 is a size code that does not convert to our size codes easily because it covers both the jacket and pant size with a single code.
The 182-188 is height is in centimeters.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-16-2019, 08:06 AM

Thank you!
Missed the question, yes I think I will order.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-16-2019, 08:13 AM

Exclamation Hold up!

Double check that information with the site you are looking at! I just checked another site for Russian clothing and there was several inches difference listed on the chest and waist sizes with the same 60-62 code.
If you post up the site, we can likely find and verify their size code.

ETA- it could be that one of the sites I checked with did some sloppy conversion.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-16-2019, 09:47 AM

This is the site. https://rus-mil.com/product-category.../gorka-winter/

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-16-2019, 12:15 PM

Thumbs up Think of it as a Ski-Doo suit sized for going over regular clothes

The other sites I checked all show the 60 and 62 size codes identical to the information I provided in my first response.
The information provided for the Gorka suit on the Rus-Mil site shows consistently larger sizes than indicated on other sites. The Rus-Mil site also changes the chest and waist dimensions for each size code depending on what product you are looking at. Because the Gorka suit is meant as an outer layer, I think they are using the standard size codes, but showing the larger dimensions so you can decide if it will fit over your regular clothes.
From the Rus-Mil Gorka suit page: 60-62/182-188 = 47" to 50" waist and 52" to 55" chest for someone 5' 11" to 6' 2" tall.
The next size down on the same chart is: 56-58/182-188 = 44" to 47" waist and 49" to 52" for someone 5' 11" to 6' 2" tall.

There is a "What are you wearing under there?" joke just waiting for someone to let their guard down.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
The other sites I checked all show the 60 and 62 size codes identical to the information I provided in my first response.
The information provided for the Gorka suit on the Rus-Mil site shows consistently larger sizes than indicated on other sites. The Rus-Mil site also changes the chest and waist dimensions for each size code depending on what product you are looking at. Because the Gorka suit is meant as an outer layer, I think they are using the standard size codes, but showing the larger dimensions so you can decide if it will fit over your regular clothes.
From the Rus-Mil Gorka suit page: 60-62/182-188 = 47" to 50" waist and 52" to 55" chest for someone 5' 11" to 6' 2" tall.
The next size down on the same chart is: 56-58/182-188 = 44" to 47" waist and 49" to 52" for someone 5' 11" to 6' 2" tall.

There is a "What are you wearing under there?" joke just waiting for someone to let their guard down.
Jebus, I must be getting old. I didn't even scroll down far enough to see the sizing table. Thanks!

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-16-2019, 04:41 PM

Worth checking these guys out. Have the fun is reading the descriptions and reviews

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/?gcli...SAAEgKVcvD_BwE