Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 AM

Default Stolen truck Lloydminster

Stolen last night. 2001 red f350 crew cab long box. Black folding canvas cap. 16 foot flat deck with crusher cone on it.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:23 PM

Truck was seen this morning without the trailer on it anymore. Plate number
50-N992 Ab.

Would somebody be willing to post a pic for me? I don’t know how.

I’m so mad. My family no longer has the means to tow our trailer or boat.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:45 PM

Posting picture of stolen truck on behalf of Tfng
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F4EAF6E0-43DC-45C8-8969-B2774D8BD868.jpg (30.0 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by sailor; 07-25-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:18 PM

Crimes getting worse in Lloyd the RCMP issued a warning

Lloydminster RCMP warns public against vigilante behavior

https://www.mylloydminsternow.com/33...nte-behaviour/

I'm heading North later I'll keep an eye out and I'll and send the pic to my buddy that will be passing through Frog lake on his way home.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:25 PM

yep just lay down and hope they don't kill you what a joke the RCMP are
Old 07-25-2019, 01:34 PM

Sure don't do nothing and you might end up like the 3 peoples that just got kill by those 2 kids.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:35 PM

Thanks guys.

This was my dream truck for many years and I finally got it last year. 7.3, NADP trans, Tsl 17, 5th wheel hitch. I looked for a long time to find one in this condition and doubt I’ll find another.

So frustrating.

I can understand the temptation to take care of things myself but it’s not worth the risk. I will not be surprised when someone does though. Theft is out of control here.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
yep just lay down and hope they don't kill you what a joke the RCMP are
Reminds me of that guy out East. The name escapes me; the firearms instructor that warned off the 3 guys that were trying to burn down his house with him in it. Dog (s?) outside sustained minor burns as well, as they were firebombing his place; doors and windows, and yelling death threats.

He fired a couple shots from the revolver, and when the police got there about 40 minutes later, he got in trouble.

As far as I'm concerned, he should have had zero charges leveled against him, even if the guys that were trying to kill him all got shot in the back. No guarantee that they weren't going to come back better prepared.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-25-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Thanks guys.

This was my dream truck for many years and I finally got it last year. 7.3, NADP trans, Tsl 17, 5th wheel hitch. I looked for a long time to find one in this condition and doubt I’ll find another.

So frustrating.

I can understand the temptation to take care of things myself but it’s not worth the risk. I will not be surprised when someone does though. Theft is out of control here.
Hope you get it back in good shape. Hard to replace an older truck that you get money and time tied up into.

The lure of the older ones, is most of them aren't alarmed, and they are easy to take. Mostly end up being a fresh set of wheels to go steal other stuff with, and then ditched.

When it shows up again (in good shape I hope); get an alarm system installed, some alarm company stickers for the windows, and a bright flashing LED signifying that the truck is armed.

Pureblood!
Old 07-25-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
Sure don't do nothing and you might end up like the 3 peoples that just got kill by those 2 kids.
I’m wondering if those two kids aren’t the ones who stole this pickup?

BW
Old 07-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
Who knows but I doubt it. There were two other vehicles stolen in Lloyd last night. Just another day in Lloydminster it seems.

I’m going to miss the Fastkap the most I think, it was so convenient. Unfortunately they are not made anymore.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
Doubtful, though it would tempting to link it. They would need another vehicle first to get to Lloyd; and they probably wouldn't get far hitching.

They would probably try to skirt Lloydminster if they could; seems like they want to get farther North and less populated.

Pureblood!
Old 07-25-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Reminds me of that guy out East. The name escapes me; the firearms instructor that warned off the 3 guys that were trying to burn down his house with him in it. Dog (s?) outside sustained minor burns as well, as they were firebombing his place; doors and windows, and yelling death threats.

He fired a couple shots from the revolver, and when the police got there about 40 minutes later, he got in trouble.

As far as I'm concerned, he should have had zero charges leveled against him, even if the guys that were trying to kill him all got shot in the back. No guarantee that they weren't going to come back better prepared.
Dammed if you do and Dammed if you don't !
Old 07-25-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Doubtful, though it would tempting to link it. They would need another vehicle first to get to Lloyd; and they probably wouldn't get far hitching.

They would probably try to skirt Lloydminster if they could; seems like they want to get farther North and less populated.
They could of hopped the train south to Winnipeg stole a vehicle and who knows where then. I’m betting they’re heading to more familiar territory!

BW
Old 07-25-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Truck was seen this morning without the trailer on it anymore. Plate number
50-N992 Ab.

Would somebody be willing to post a pic for me? I don’t know how.

I’m so mad. My family no longer has the means to tow our trailer or boat.
Whereabouts it was seen?
Also do you have a picture of rear side of your truck?
Old 07-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Whereabouts it was seen?
Also do you have a picture of rear side of your truck?
It was seen headed east by Home Hardware this morning at 10am. The trailer and 42 inch crusher cone were no longer with the truck.

The cap is fabric but the rear hatch is glass. Very uncommon.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
It was seen headed east by Home Hardware this morning at 10am. The trailer and 42 inch crusher cone were no longer with the truck.

The cap is fabric but the rear hatch is glass. Very uncommon.
Lol! Still in town? Those guys might have good lawyers and nerves!
Btw don’t you have surveillance cameras on every intersection?
May be government should invest in those cameras to help and protect Sitizens instead robing them withspeed radars?
Personally I last time got speeding ticket about 10years ago because watching for trucks on overpasses or along the rodes

Last edited by sailor; 07-25-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:03 PM

I don’t know if there are intersection cameras. The neighbour is going to check her camera.

Yeah pretty brave for sure. The trailer is uninsured so if anything I hope that is recovered.

The crusher cone was not well secured and I wouldn’t be surprised if it moved on the trailer or fell off. I estimate the weight of the cone to be over 1000 pounds

Last edited by Tfng; 07-25-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I don’t know if there are intersection cameras. The neighbour is going to check her camera.

Yeah pretty brave for sure. The trailer is uninsured so if anything I hope that is recovered.
What area of town, i have cameras too and can see if anything shows up?
Old 07-25-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:

The crusher cone was not well secured and I wouldn’t be surprised if it moved on the trailer or fell off. I estimate the weight of the cone to be over 1000 pounds
A year ago I saw a picture taken by one of those red light or speed cameras/ they showed even driver didn’t wear safety belt...
Why they wouldn’t help investigators tracking where that truck moved in the town( not saying - clear picture of driver)?
Aren’t they built, installed and operating on our tax money for well being all Canadians and not ...just to take more money from taxpayers?
Also how much gas did you have in the truck?

Last edited by sailor; 07-25-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:19 PM

Might be on those cams if they ran red lights I suppose. I doubt they’re diverting much manpower into looking for my stuff. It’ll be an incidental find if it turns up.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Might be on those cams if they ran red lights I suppose. I doubt they’re diverting much manpower into looking for my stuff. It’ll be an incidental find if it turns up.
Read previous please I edited...
In my area looks like they working as CCTV- registering everything no matter what speed... or light
Old 07-25-2019, 04:29 PM

There was 3/4 tank diesel. I can tow a small 5th wheel 450km with that much fuel, empty they could go farther.

Sailor I’ll ask about the cameras when I talk to the police again.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:04 PM

We had our company pick up stolen last week from the hotel parking lot. RCMP found it the next day abandoned on Onion Lake, Inside was spray painted. Good thing it only had less than 1/4 tank of gas. I'll keep my eyes open, I'm out there working in the area.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:06 PM

Thanks 75ft Arborist I’d appreciate that.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:17 PM

Update- I found the trailer and crusher cone parked in an industrial area. Just waiting for the rcmp now.

2001 red crew cab long box f350 still missing.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:35 PM

Good news about the trailer at least! Hopefully the thieves did just take the truck and use it simply to drive to somewhere else to steal other vehicles then ditch it. Big red Ford diesel like that a guy would think would be easy to spot.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:47 PM

Yes it’s a very easy truck to spot!

When I found the trailer I called the RCMP to advise I had located my trailer in a parking lot. They sent an officer out to have a look before I towed it home. The fact the officer who met me asked for a pic of my truck doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. I would have thought he’d already have the pic I provided to the station?
Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:

When I found the trailer I called the RCMP to advise I had located my trailer in a parking lot. They sent an officer out to have a look before I towed it home. The fact the officer who met me asked for a pic of my truck doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. I would have thought he’d already have the pic I provided to the station?
Total face palm... Shows just how seriously they take cases like this. I sincerely hope that you get your truck back in the same shape it was in when it was stolen.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:

At least an officer showed up. Many times the security company I worked for got hired because the police would give you a case file number over the phone to forward to your insurance company and leave it at that.

When my garage was broken into the responding officer didn't think the foot print on the door and broken door frame constituted forced entry. Apparently the pry marks on my tool boxes weren't enough evidence to show I had the boxes locked either. My insurance adjuster told me the officers report said I left the items unsecured.

Anyways I hope you get your truck back.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."