Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Yes it’s a very easy truck to spot!

When I found the trailer I called the RCMP to advise I had located my trailer in a parking lot. They sent an officer out to have a look before I towed it home. The fact the officer who met me asked for a pic of my truck doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. I would have thought he’d already have the pic I provided to the station?
There's a stolen vehicle page on facebook. If you join that, you can get linked to people keeping an eye out for it. They've recovered quite a few. Seems that most of them don't go too far, and some tend to stay in the area.

You might want to do some patrolling of your own. Down back roads, and industrial areas. You probably have almost as good a chance of finding it on your own.

If you find them, call the police. Let them know that they are threatening you, and you are ready to use deadly force if needed... Use at your own discretion. Probably end up locked up, while Trulander puts his "hug and release" program into effect. (I'd seriously carry something, though)

Good luck!

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-26-2019, 01:34 PM

Thanks Tactical Lever I’ll look into the Facebook page.

I’ve been doing some driving around but being limited to my wife’s corolla I haven’t checked the back roads. I’ve found stolen trucks before and they’re often abandoned in crappy places down some back road.

I’m getting a rental so I might rent a truck.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks Tactical Lever I’ll look into the Facebook page.

I’ve been doing some driving around but being limited to my wife’s corolla I haven’t checked the back roads. I’ve found stolen trucks before and they’re often abandoned in crappy places down some back road.

I’m getting a rental so I might rent a truck.
No prob. A vehicle that they won't recognize from where they took the truck might be advantageous. Forgot to mention, that sometimes those trucks end up in some pretty goofy spots, when they try to see how far they can ram one down a soft power line, or such.

That's more of an abandonment move though. Hope you find it before they are done with it.

Pureblood!
Old 07-26-2019, 01:54 PM

Yep you’re right and that diesel one ton isn’t going very far in the soft conditions around here right now.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:16 AM

Added to Alberta Wide Stolen vehicles.

We got a message from a fellow who almost got T-boned 3:30am on 54 ave. They were traveling the back alley at a high rate of speed and were not stopping or slowing crossing the avenue.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:09 PM

One more bump for the old girl.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:56 PM

Bump for the missing red diesel Super Duty!

Pureblood!
Old 08-02-2019, 10:00 AM

A little update. I got a text from a friend who has possibly seen it creeping around the back alleys in Lloyd. If it’s my truck he’s seeing the cap has been removed. He hasn’t been able to get close enough to pick out the identifying marks on the truck.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
A little update. I got a text from a friend who has possibly seen it creeping around the back alleys in Lloyd. If it’s my truck he’s seeing the cap has been removed. He hasn’t been able to get close enough to pick out the identifying marks on the truck.
Ah that sucks so bad, using your truck to scope out other places. What a feces hole Lloyd is turning into.

Mind you it has been for 40 years+. Just gets more attention now.

Likely parking it in a garage for the day, then prowling when dark.

Sorry for your bad circumstances, can't say bad luck as it was not luck that ended you up here.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Another little update.

A truck matching the description nearly ran an R.M. truck off the road and then jumped an approach and continued. The old girl seems to be still running strong lol. This happened near Hillmond this afternoon.

I accepted an offer from the insurance company this afternoon so I’ll be in the market for a truck. I had to twist their arm a little but they treated me decent.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
May be government should invest in those cameras to help and protect Sitizens instead robing them withspeed radars?
What good would cameras do? Thieves and crackheads don't care about cameras.

Citizens can also take some responsibility and protect their property instead of relying on the Police and insurance. Especially if your driving a vehicle high on the theft list like a F250 or 350. A cheap starter kill will immobilize any vehicle and likely prevent the theft in the first place, they are dirt cheap. OP, that wasn't in any way a dig on you, just a general statement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vehicle-Imm...8AAOxy14VROBf8

Hope they find your truck in one piece.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:15 PM

No worries doesitalloutdoors a starter kill was on my to do list. Turns out it should have been higher on the list. I normally kept it securely locked inside a fence since it was supposed to be only for hauling, hunting and fishing. Unfortunately it was pushed into daily service due to a transmission failure in my other truck and I got tired of moving it in and out of the fence.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:07 PM

Truck was found abandoned in Rosetown, SK yesterday. I haven’t got a look at it yet but did get a few pics. Grille and lights removed. Not a straight body panel on it.