Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-06-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
You don't need to carry the registration papers, but, the number has to be displayed on the boat.
Actually you do have to have the registration papers on the boat..
Old 07-06-2015, 04:47 PM

Was at the shuswap this weekend, and 2 of my buddies were pulled over on the water. The both have high performance boats and are loud. So they were pulled over for noise. Now both these guys know the restrictions for the exhaust which they quickly educated the officers on. But these two rcmp cops, really wanted to write a ticket. So now they said you need a dozen flares onboard, which they replied no you don't. The officers said if you are more than 1 nautical mile from shore you do, as he points over the lake and says` That looks like more than a mile to me' which my buddy responds as he slowly turns 180 degrees and said, well this shore is only 100 yards. Then the cop was thumbing through his his little book and said you need a paddle, to which he said no we don't. We have an anchor. There was one more attempt which I can't remember and they told the cops to have a nice day and pushed them away from there boat, but it drives me nuts that these guys don't know the rules. Unfortunately, some people I guess would just accept they're word and take the ticket.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring_assassin View Post
Different laws the second you're on the water, technically I believe that you aren't in Canada anymore...so yes I believe they can...
This is a joke, right. On a lake in Alberta and you are technically not in Canada anymore. Really.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdad013 View Post
Was at the shuswap this weekend, and 2 of my buddies were pulled over on the water. The both have high performance boats and are loud. So they were pulled over for noise. Now both these guys know the restrictions for the exhaust which they quickly educated the officers on. But these two rcmp cops, really wanted to write a ticket. So now they said you need a dozen flares onboard, which they replied no you don't. The officers said if you are more than 1 nautical mile from shore you do, as he points over the lake and says` That looks like more than a mile to me' which my buddy responds as he slowly turns 180 degrees and said, well this shore is only 100 yards. Then the cop was thumbing through his his little book and said you need a paddle, to which he said no we don't. We have an anchor. There was one more attempt which I can't remember and they told the cops to have a nice day and pushed them away from there boat, but it drives me nuts that these guys don't know the rules. Unfortunately, some people I guess would just accept they're word and take the ticket.

Had a similar incident, buddies checking me and seemed to be looking for a reason to give me a ticket. Checks to make sure I have a flashlight, noise maker, floating rope ect. I had the typically kit you buy at Canadian tire which has everything, so I show him that, he opens it and pulls out the flash light and goes "do you have batteries for this flash light?"

I look at him like, are you kidding me buddy! Luckily I kept batteries in my boat for my iPod dock, showed him the batteries, put them in the flashlight and not so politely told him to have a nice day.

We take these risks in life, not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us. Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. - No Fear

http://youtu.be/3JbTBYk7xII

http://youtu.be/Ujl2kz1M8y8
Old 07-06-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
This is a joke, right. On a lake in Alberta and you are technically not in Canada anymore. Really.
Fairly certain that the rules for "water bodies" are international...I've always been baffled as to why the fish limits etc and fishing license aren't also international if that's true. I might be wrong because we were also talking about a lake in a park at that moment. I know that you can't take a quad or skidoo onto a lake in winter in provincial or national park because it means you'd have to briefly ride said quad or sled on park property, but once on the lake it's perfectly legal...

The rules and laws are confusing to me where international/national/provincial intersect. I just know what I need to have in the boat and study the fishing regs routinely. I've never had a problem being checked yet...
Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually you do have to have the registration papers on the boat..
This is correct
Old 07-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your friends are why they have cops on lakes, loud boats are brutal, the sound carries, if they where courtious and said sorry for having a boat that ruined everyone else's fun around the lake, then they might have left them alone, hope the hit a submerged log
Old 07-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring_assassin View Post
Fairly certain that the rules for "water bodies" are international...I've always been baffled as to why the fish limits etc and fishing license aren't also international if that's true. I might be wrong because we were also talking about a lake in a park at that moment. I know that you can't take a quad or skidoo onto a lake in winter in provincial or national park because it means you'd have to briefly ride said quad or sled on park property, but once on the lake it's perfectly legal...

The rules and laws are confusing to me where international/national/provincial intersect. I just know what I need to have in the boat and study the fishing regs routinely. I've never had a problem being checked yet...
All AO members clearly have a right to join in any discussion. I think, though, members should not say things about the law unless they are absolutely sure they are correct. I can say for certainty that fresh water bodies inside Canada's borders are not international waters.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Your friends are why they have cops on lakes, loud boats are brutal, the sound carries, if they where courtious and said sorry for having a boat that ruined everyone else's fun around the lake, then they might have left them alone, hope the hit a submerged log
Really, thats why cops are on the lake. Not morons drinking, partying, don't have a clue what they are doing. I would have a hundred of them on the water than some moron blasting his club music 100 yards out from shore getting drunk with his pals then driving off with a 5 foot wake.
Let me tell you, these guys know more about safety and boat performance and respect than you will ever have a grasp on. As a matter of fact, they went to the trouble of hiring a professional out of California to come up and train them on exactly how their boats operate and handle as well as countless other safety situations, this was a week long course at their own expense.
And if they are legal, I guess your argument is bunk. If they change the noise bylaws they will conform.
As for wishing them an accident on the water, are you not just the nicest guy ever?
Old 07-07-2015, 12:07 AM

A while ago when I was younger and dumber I was fishing on a dinghy from my parents boat on the ocean. Didn't have an actual crab calliper so we used a $50 bill and estimated an extra half an inch. RCMP came by, told us there could be $800 in fines for no flashlight, bailing bucket, buoyant heaving line, and one other thing, I forget. They looked in our cooler and found 2 crabs that were just a hair undersize. Told us to throw them back and have a nice day. Glad they educated us and we were prepared the next time we went out. Never had a bad experience.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 AM

I understand some people need to flex their muscles in the form of expensive boats but for me personally "being loud and very respectful" is an example of a oxymoronic statement. I hope there are boat loads of cops out there checking everyone especially in problem locations like Sylvan.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:

What a dick thing to say when you don't even know these people... They obviously know rules if they have a good grasp of them...just because I buy a Mastercraft x45 and its loud isn't the reason rcmp and CO are on the water... its to catch people drinking and poaching. Just because someone can afford a nice boat doesn't mean they don't follow the rules... pretty ******* thing to assume buddy..

Hoping they hit a submerged log says more about your character than its does about guys with loud boat...
Old 07-07-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Lol ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a winner, keep on keepin on partner. Your a real beaut

We take these risks in life, not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us. Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. - No Fear

Old 07-08-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
I was out on sylvan today when I noticed a boat approaching then slowed to a crawl about 1000 yards out or so and proceeded to watch us for about 45min, I could see the binos reflect the light a few times so I pulled mine out took a peek and gave a quick wave, instantly they jumped up on plain and came over. These were not conservation officers but RCMP, two gentlemen that asked to see my boating licence, insurence and saftey stuff all of which I had......then the grilling started "hot day out here how many beer do u have on the boat?" And "you should hand them over now so we don't have to go through everything" we laughed but they pushed it again then again. Next they asked about any illegal catches aboard the the boat we said no but the grilling started again and we were warned a co would be contacted to look over any suspicious catches, after we re affirmed we had no fish aboard the boat so.......... We were boarded all my compartments gone through then with a quick "sorry for the inconvenience" they were on their way. Are they allowed to search my boat for no reason ? I was also warned about my small all in one saftey bucket, it's a bailer with some roap, flashlight and a whistle and how in the future it won't be allowed? They were rude, pushy and all around unprofessional.
Simple answer is no. They are not allowed to search your vessel without a warrant or consent. Now if at any time, you said 'okay, or yes' to them suggesting a search, than consent would be implied. Seem like a bunch of *******s. This is why I stick to fishing alpine creeks and rivers. Nobody bothers me out there.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
Simple answer is no. They are not allowed to search your vessel without a warrant or consent. Now if at any time, you said 'okay, or yes' to them suggesting a search, than consent would be implied. Seem like a bunch of *******s. This is why I stick to fishing alpine creeks and rivers. Nobody bothers me out there.
Better check the Canada Shipping Act again slivers86. They can.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=fluxcore;2875543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
They asked to see your boat insurance?

Sure did, not a big deal maybe to make sure it's not stolen ?
do you need flash light was checked last week at pigeon never asked for a flash light ??/

///

Last edited by fish99; 07-08-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Better check the Canada Shipping Act again slivers86. They can.
Section 8, Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
It's important... its why cops can't go through your car, enter your home, etc without warrant.

CSA seems to indicate you can be boarded for means of vessel inspection, however, it wouldn't give them the right to open any hatches not related to their safety inspection, such as a live well, etc.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 AM

The Canada Shipping Act mentions looking for safety equipment/meeting requirements of the pleasure craft so stuff like anchor, having enough life jackets and so on. It also mentions the person on the vessel must answer the questions. Noted by:

Inspections

(4) In carrying out an inspection, a marine safety inspector or, subject to any limitations set out under subsection 12(2) in their certificate of authorization, a person, classification society or other organization authorized to carry out inspections may
(a) direct any person to answer reasonable questions, provide reasonable assistance or put into operation or cease operating any machinery or equipment being inspected;

So from that it, at least seems, that if an officer says do you have lifejackets on board..."yes I do officer", "okay can you open the bin for me". Then they get to check. I suppose they can word the question in a way that would allow them to open anything as well.

I suppose as well if an individual is getting antsy or argumentative with having the officer on board it could be construed as strange behavior and thus warrants search. I am not sure though.

Officers are covered by more than just the Canada Shipping Act. I looked for Fish and Wildlife officers for example and found this info. It seems officers, of varying types, are covered quite well by Canadian and Provincial Laws.

https://www.solgps.alberta.ca/PROGRA...eOfficers.aspx

This is from the Fisheries Act

I just copied the inspection portion.

POWERS OF FISHERY OFFICERS AND
FISHERY GUARDIANS

Inspection 49. (1) Subject to subsection (2), for the
purpose of ensuring compliance with this Act
and the regulations, a fishery officer or fishery
guardian may enter and inspect any place, including
any premises, vessel or vehicle, in
which the officer or guardian believes on reasonable
grounds there is any work or undertaking
or any fish or other thing in respect of
which this Act or the regulations apply and
may

(a) open any container that the officer or
guardian believes on reasonable grounds
contains any fish or other thing in respect of
which this Act or the regulations apply;

(b) examine any fish or other thing that the
officer or guardian finds and take samples of
it;
(c) conduct any tests or analyses and take
any measurements; and
(d) require any person to produce for examination
or copying any records, books of account
or other documents that the officer or
contain information that is relevant to the administration
of this Act or the regulations.

Operation of
data processing
systems and
copying
equipment
(1.1) In carrying out an inspection of a place
under subsection (1), a fishery officer or fishery
guardian may,
(a) use or cause to be used any data processing
system at the place to examine any data
contained in or available to the data processing
system;
(b) reproduce any record or cause it to be reproduced
from the data in the form of a
print-out or other intelligible output and remove
the print-out or other output for examination
or copying; and
(c) use or cause to be used any copying
equipment at the place to make copies of any
record, book of account or other document.

Duty to assist (1.2) The owner or person in charge of a
place that is inspected by a fishery officer or
fishery guardian under subsection (1) and every
person found in the place shall
(a) give the officer or guardian all reasonable
assistance to enable the officer or
guardian to carry out the inspection and exercise
any power conferred by this section; and

Obligation

(b) provide the officer or guardian with any
information relevant to the administration of
this Act or the regulations that the officer or
guardian may reasonably require.

Disposition of
samples
(1.3) A fishery officer or fishery guardian
who takes a sample under paragraph (1)(b) may
dispose of it in any manner that the officer or
guardian considers appropriate.

Warrant required
to enter
dwelling-house

(2) Where any place, premises, vessel or vehicle
referred to in subsection (1) is a dwellinghouse,
a fishery officer or fishery guardian may
not enter that dwelling-house without the consent
of the occupant except under the authority
of a warrant issued under subsection (3).

Authority to
issue warrant
(3) Where on ex parte application a justice
of the peace is satisfied by information on oath
(a) that the conditions for entry described in
subsection (1) exist in relation to a dwellinghouse,
(b) that entry to the dwelling-house is necessary
for any purpose relating to the administration
or enforcement of this Act, and
(c) that entry to the dwelling-house has been
refused or that there are reasonable grounds
for believing that entry thereto will be refused,
the justice of the peace may issue a warrant under
his hand authorizing the fishery officer or
fishery guardian named therein to enter that
dwelling-house subject to such conditions as
may be specified in the warrant.

(4) [Repealed, 1991, c. 1, s. 13]
R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 49; R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s.
35; 1991, c. 1, s. 13.

Search 49.1 (1) A fishery officer with a warrant issued
under subsection (2) may enter and search
any place, including any premises, vessel or vehicle,
in which the officer believes on reasonable
grounds there is
(a) any work or undertaking that is being or
has been carried on in contravention of this
Act or the regulations;
(b) any fish or other thing by means of or in
relation to which this Act or the regulations
have been contravened; or
(c) any fish or other thing that will afford
evidence in respect of a contravention of this
Act or the regulations.

Authority to
issue warrant
(2) Where on ex parte application a justice
of the peace is satisfied by information on oath
that there are reasonable grounds to believe that
there is in any place referred to in subsection
(1) any fish or other thing referred to in subsection
(1), the justice may issue a warrant authorizing
the fishery officer named in the warrant
to enter and search the place for the thing subject
to any conditions that may be specified in
the warrant.

Where warrant
not necessary
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a fishery
officer may exercise the power of search referred
to in that subsection without a warrant
issued under subsection (2) if the conditions for
obtaining the warrant exist but by reason of exigent
circumstances it would not be practical to
obtain the warrant.

Exigent
circumstances
(4) For the purposes of subsection (3), exigent
circumstances include circumstances in
which the delay necessary to obtain the warrant
would result in danger to human life or safety
or the loss or destruction of evidence.

Powers during
search
(5) In carrying out a search of a place under
this section, a fishery officer may exercise any
power mentioned in subsection 49(1), (1.1) or
(1.3).
R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 35; 1991, c. 1, s. 14.

Arrest
50. Any fishery officer, fishery guardian or
peace officer may arrest without warrant a person
who that fishery officer, guardian or peace
officer believes, on reasonable grounds, has
committed an offence against this Act or any of
the regulations, or whom he finds committing
or preparing to commit an offence against this
Act or any of the regulations.
R.S., c. F-14, s. 36.

Seizure of
fishing vessel,
etc.
51. A fishery officer or fishery guardian
may seize any fishing vessel, vehicle, fish or
other thing that the officer or guardian believes
on reasonable grounds was obtained by or used
in the commission of an offence under this Act
or will afford evidence of an offence under this
Act, including any fish that the officer or
(a) was caught, killed, processed, transported,
purchased, sold or possessed in contravention
of this Act or the regulations; or

Fisheries — June 9, 2015
(b) has been intermixed with fish referred to
in paragraph (a).
R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 51; 1991, c. 1, s. 15.

Entry by fishery
officer
52. In the discharge of his duties, any fishery
officer, fishery guardian or other person accompanying
him or authorized to such effect by
the fishery officer may enter on and pass
through or over private property without being
liable for trespass.
R.S., c. F-14, s. 39.

Disputes
53. Disputes between persons relating to
fishing limits or claims to fishery stations, or
relating to the position and use of nets and other
fishing apparatus, shall be settled by the local
fishery officer.
R.S., c. F-14, s. 40.

Distances
between
fisheries
54. Fishery officers may determine or prescribe
the distance between each and every
fishery and shall forthwith remove any fishing
apparatus or materials that the owner neglects
or refuses to remove, and the owner is liable for
a contravention of this Act and for the cost of
removing the apparatus and materials and any
damages that may result therefrom.
R.S., c. F-14, s. 41.

Boundaries of
estuary fishing
55. The Minister, or any fishery officer duly
authorized by the Minister, has power to define
the boundaries of tidal waters and estuaries and
to designate what is the mouth of any river,
stream or other water for the purposes of this
Act.

I get confused with legal jargon but from what I understand they can search. What I also understand is they cannot enter the "dwelling-house", so I guess if you have a sailboat or big yacht type deal (I guess?) they cannot enter the living quarters. Again, legal jargon is not my thing I just enjoy researching material so maybe someone else could decipher it further.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:48 AM

^^ what you have to pay attention to is the wording on reasonable grounds.

i am by no means an expert in law, but on reasonable grounds IMO means they have to have some type of reason to search your boat, they can't just at random jump in and start going through your compartments, unless you have given consent.

I have been stopped numerous times in Manitoba, Ontario & Alberta, never once have they searched my boat or the boat I was in, only one time they tried and that was here in Alberta. I commented earlier how they tried to trick me into giving consent, I said no and he did not then search my boat.
Usuallly it is standard routine. Do you have a license? Any fish in the live well? Booze? Safety gear? Ect. Just be cool with them if you have nothing to hide, half the time they are decent people and you can have some good conversations and get some fishing info out of them lol

Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:

i am by no means an expert in law, but on reasonable grounds IMO means they have to have some type of reason to search your boat, they can't just at random jump in and start going through your compartments, unless you have given consent.

I have been stopped numerous times in Manitoba, Ontario & Alberta, never once have they searched my boat or the boat I was in, only one time they tried and that was here in Alberta. I commented earlier how they tried to trick me into giving consent, I said no and he did not then search my boat.
Usuallly it is standard routine. Do you have a license? Any fish in the live well? Booze? Safety gear? Ect. Just be cool with them if you have nothing to hide, half the time they are decent people and you can have some good conversations and get some fishing info out of them lol
Yeah pretty much. I wonder if just being in the boat and on the water is grounds for search. I do not know. The way I think of it is "you are on a boat in the water therefore you must know there are regulations therefore you should be able to prove your compliance with those regulations". Or something along those lines. Like I said I do not know. It just much much easier just to say yes yes no no yes to questions rather than get defensive and turn a 2 minute conversation into a drawn out inspection. And you are right, just talking to them can lead to some good fishing spots.

If I were a cop and someone was showing attitude or hesitation towards myself being there I would take that behavior as something to look into. Those who are law abiding generally do not have an issue with laws being put forth and checked for compliance. I would assume that those who do not take well to laws or compliance would be the opposite and show hesitation and attitude. Personally I have a big issue with people believing they are above the law/laws should not apply to them...so have at er officers.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK Angler View Post

X2
No legal expert either, but if they do stop you and ask to board to see your safety gear, you can refuse, you just have to show them, they don't need to board.
Now if they see beer cans rolling around, that would give them probable cause. I have been stopped and asked if I have booze onboard and responded yes, we had a couple of beers for a shore lunch, they had no problem with that, now if we had a couple of cases it might have been a different story. All depends on how you treat them and if they have had a good day as well.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:13 AM

Re registration, I think there is a misuse of the term "registered". Please let me know if I am out to lunch but the TC Safe Boating Guide states:

LICENSING AND REGISTRATION
A Canadian pleasure craft may be licensed or registered.

Pleasure Craft Licence

If you operate or keep your boat mostly in Canada, and it is powered by
one or more motors adding up to 7.5 kW (10 hp) or more, you must get it
licensed, unless you register it. You must also license dinghies or tenders you carry aboard or tow behind a larger boat.

A pleasure craft licence is a document giving your boat a unique licence
number that is valid for 10 years. The Pleasure Craft Licensing System
allows Search and Rescue personnel to access information about your boat
24 hours a day, seven days a week in the event of an emergency. This could
mean the difference between life and death! If your boat does not need a
pleasure craft licence, you can choose to get one for safety reasons.

Is a Licence a Proof of Ownership?
A pleasure craft licence does not prove ownership. When entering another
country, be sure to have proof of ownership for your boat along with its
pleasure craft licence, including documents for dinghies or tenders aboard
or towed behind a larger boat. Not having the proper documents on board
can result in delays or trouble clearing customs, or even a fine.

Why Should You Register Your Boat?
Registration gives you some important benefits, which include:
• proof of ownership (legal title) for your boat;
• the right to fly the Canadian flag;
• a unique name and official number for your boat; and
• the right to use your boat as security for a marine mortgage.

Once you get your pleasure craft licence, keep a copy on board.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:34 PM

I've found denying consent to search usually creates grounds for search.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
I've found denying consent to search usually creates grounds for search.
Please explain......I think you are dead wrong. There is no suggestion of guilt because of your denial or the fact you were fishing.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
I was out on sylvan today when I noticed a boat approaching then slowed to a crawl about 1000 yards out or so and proceeded to watch us for about 45min, I could see the binos reflect the light a few times so I pulled mine out took a peek and gave a quick wave, instantly they jumped up on plain and came over. These were not conservation officers but RCMP, two gentlemen that asked to see my boating licence, insurence and saftey stuff all of which I had......then the grilling started "hot day out here how many beer do u have on the boat?" And "you should hand them over now so we don't have to go through everything" we laughed but they pushed it again then again. Next they asked about any illegal catches aboard the the boat we said no but the grilling started again and we were warned a co would be contacted to look over any suspicious catches, after we re affirmed we had no fish aboard the boat so.......... We were boarded all my compartments gone through then with a quick "sorry for the inconvenience" they were on their way. Are they allowed to search my boat for no reason ? I was also warned about my small all in one saftey bucket, it's a bailer with some roap, flashlight and a whistle and how in the future it won't be allowed? They were rude, pushy and all around unprofessional.
I would ask them to inform me how they can conduct searches and tell them I will be video taping the ordeal and will issue a formal complaint through my lawyer.nNot sure if would make a difference.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:01 AM

It is a lot more effective to file a formal complaint for the officers behaviour than it is to put the information on here. If people would actually do something effective after being rudely or poorly treated the behaviour would stop. Senior officers take these kinds of complaints very seriously, They care a great deal about the image of the force and they will definitely address it with the officers. A few of these types of complaints and that officer is off the force.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK Angler View Post
Lol ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a winner, keep on keepin on partner. Your a real beaut
Really,,,,how often do you see a boat roaring around a lake with their music cranked right up when there is no booze involved, almost never, cuz sober most people will respect the ability for other people to enjoy the lake too. And a log won't hurt anything but the boat leg. Glad to see you condone drunk driving,, that's making the same conclusions of you that you made of me. Hope your kid isn't water skiing or swimming in a lake with people like that driving a boat. Cuz that stuff happens all the time. Hate if you want
Old 07-13-2015, 05:07 PM

If there are fishing rods in the boat, then resonable grounds for checking compartments is there. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me.
I've been checked a few times at calling lake on the way out to the hiway and they checked the boat for fish even tho our fish were in a pail in the truck. Nothing to hide here!

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:15 PM

Lots of good onfo here guys, it really comes down to knowing your rights after all a day on the water can be ruined quickly by harassment.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Yeah harrassment can ruin a day, I am not sure how officers can keep their cool with civilians who do not like LEOs. I could not do it. One's day can also be ruined by turning a 2 minute yes and no have a nice day sir conversation into a heated debate with an officer of the law over why that officer is choosing to do their inspections as a person sits in their tackled fishing vessel on a lake with restrictions in place. I hope all of those who break the law, want to break the law, and those who wish laws should not apply have their day ruined by an officer.