Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-12-2020, 08:21 PM

Default Giving a shout out to Alberta's own Wapiti River Outdoors

Last year I made the full plunge into elk hunting with a bow. And I decided to go local on the advice of a friend who guides elk hunts and bought a bugle tube along with a couple of reeds from Wapiti River Outdoors out of Grande Prairie.
Since I can't find a way to "Yelp" review the company and I don't use Facebook, this is my 5 Star review.

When I ordered the calls I also bought an extra mouthpiece for the tube as my guide friend's had fallen off. A buddy jumped in on the order for a tube and reeds. I made the order by phone with Travis who owns WRO and got the best service I may have ever received. We spent a pile of time on the phone as he gave me tips and tricks. He then gave me the mouthpiece and two additional reeds for free. Unfortunately the reeds don't fit right for me, but that's just life and no fault of WRO.

I had a great year bringing bulls in like I've never seen. Only booboo is my mouthpiece also fell off. But the tube was still useable. But I do prefer having it so last week I reached out to WRO looking to buy a new mouthpiece to glue on. Instead I received a a new, improved version designed to solve the popping off issue... at no cost. That is pride in one's product and service.

With life and times as they are we all need to be a little more conscious of what we buy and who from. Spending local dollars locally is going to be a driving force to get our economy moving. Wapiti River Outdoors is a great place to do just that. You will not regret it.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:52 AM

Default Giving a shout out

That’s great service. It’s getting more and more difficult to find those kinds of places anymore. Customer service seems to be a more fleeting thing all the time. Here are they located?
Old 07-13-2020, 02:16 PM

They're out of Grande Prairie, but I had no issues. Getting help by phone, text, email and the website here in YEG
Old 07-14-2020, 05:24 PM

Travis is a super nice guy. In my opinion his products are the best on the market. Reaper for ripping bugles, Huntress for cow calls or Kryptonite or Patriot for a do all.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:20 PM

Same here- has been great to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 07-14-2020, 07:23 PM

I also had a great experience with Travis. I had bought a couple of reeds from him when the Sportsman’s show came through town. A few months later I noticed that one of the reeds had a slit in the latex. A couple of emails later he tells me he’s heading to Rocky for a family thing and asked for my address to drop off new reeds for me. He stopped by and dropped off the reeds to me at no charge and then helped me out with some calling sequences.

I’ll be going back to him the next time I need anything elk related.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:01 PM

Great calls and top notch service.
I once left a call in the car in the sun and the tape got a little soft before I tried using it. Didn’t think it was THAT warm and emailed about what happened and how the tape started to come apart in my mouth.
Immediate response. Came back telling me it should be expected to hold together better, at the time they were just switching over to another tape and they sent like 7 new calls in the mail promptly at no cost to me.
I don’t think you can beat that kind of service or backing of their product. And yes now my calls sometimes sit in the car on hotter days and no issues.
I have found their triple reed to be easier to use than some doubles.
Fantastic sounds in their calls
Old 07-16-2020, 07:11 AM

Another 5 star from me as well. Travis is great to deal with and his bugles and reeds are top notch. I love the size of his bugle, its large so when you locate your call really reach out. I’ve bought almost every reed type out there and his are top of the list in my collection.

Easy support local choice, great products from a local guy.

Keep and eye out as he puts on seminars that are excellent as well.

Old 07-17-2020, 02:42 PM

I have used all the brands of Reeds around. Hands down , Wapiti Rivers are my favorite. Support Alberta business.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:10 PM

Very timely thread as I wanted to try some new calls out for this season. I ordered a couple today and I'm excited to give them a go. Very glad to hear good service from a local company. Their prices are on point and only $3 to ship inside AB....easy decision.