Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2016, 09:59 PM

Unhappy Lost DOG at Alberta Beach. FOUND!!

Just saw a post on Facebook. It seems like an Athabasca man lost his dog out there on Saturday. Here is the post:

I have a very sad husband
frown emoticon
. Koda went missing at Alberta Beach when he was in fishing on Saturday. Fireworks sent him running and after two days of looking everywhere, he didn't find him. Feel free to spread the word, we want him home.

You can PM me and I can message them on FB or you can do it yourself. The lady posting is Cheryl Gorski.

Thanks, everyone.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 PM

I hope Koda is found soon!
I can't imagine losing my dog like that! It's a horrible thing for both of them!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Banned

There's a Facebook group called, "Dogs lost/found Parkland County, Spruce Grove, Parkland County" that the owner should join and post on. They are always on the lookout for lost dogs.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:19 PM

Thanks Dave, I will pass that on.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 02-16-2016, 11:01 AM

Hope you find him very soon. Fireworks always result in a few dogs running off.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 AM

I am heading to st anne tomorrow so I will keep my eye out.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:41 PM

Thanks everyone.
This is not my dog I'm just a concerned dog lover trying to help.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Banned

Picture of the lost dog.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:51 PM

put your dog on a leash or at least get them a city tag or a normal tag with your info and phone number on it.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
put your dog on a leash or at least get them a city tag or a normal tag with your info and phone number on it.
Thanks for all of your help. Your smartazz comments aren't helping anyone here but I hope you feel sooo much better about yourself now.

This is NOT MY DOG. I'm just trying to help someone get their pet back. I don't know if the dog has a tag or not or if the dog was on a leash and tore it out of the owners hands when it took off. Yes a tag and chip will help but only if someone locates the dog.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about this lost dog. Hope owner finds it, or someone else does and gets in contact.
I really hope that dog isn't found by some jerk who thinks that it is open season on any stray pet. Some weird people out there. I was at Anne yesterday and would have noticed a cute dog like that.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Thanks for all of your help. Your smartazz comments aren't helping anyone here but I hope you feel sooo much better about yourself now.
Afraid I never read it as a smartazz comment, but more of a good advice piece.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post

This is NOT MY DOG. I'm just trying to help someone get their pet back. I don't know if the dog has a tag or not or if the dog was on a leash and tore it out of the owners hands when it took off. Yes a tag and chip will help but only if someone locates the dog.
I wasn't trying to offend anyone. dogs tend to run and it would be really helpful to the dog and its owners if it is identifiable. now lets hope someone actually did find the dog and kept it safe. the coyotes might have gotten him too
Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I wasn't trying to offend anyone. dogs tend to run and it would be really helpful to the dog and its owners if it is identifiable. now lets hope someone actually did find the dog and kept it safe. the coyotes might have gotten him too
I'm truly sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Your advice is helpful but may or may not be too late. I hope they have tags on their dog and even a chip. You're right the safest thing to do is to keep your dog leashed to avoid running off. I hope the yotes haven't found it.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Jeez, there's easier and less ignorant ways to get your post count up, keep your advice for those who ask for it.

This thread is about HELPING a poor guy get his buddy back home. I hope there's a happy ending!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:16 PM

Good news, he's been found.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:47 PM

AWESOME!

Very happy to hear
Old 02-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Finally a good news story!! Yahooooooo!
Glad to hear the Yotes didn't get him!!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Banned

love a happy ending
Old 02-18-2016, 01:00 PM

OHHHH I do love a story with a happy ending.......... so glad furbaby is back home with family.............

thank you to all who were part of getting them reunited.....
Old 02-18-2016, 01:46 PM

I PM'd the owner for an update and got the good news today. Here was her reply:
"WE FOUND HIM! Yay, Koda was found! A special thank you for Ethel Potts on the Alexis Reserve for looking after him and giving us back our boy! And a huge thank you for everyone's support! People reached out from across the country...truly amazing!! "

It sure is nice to hear good news and glad to know that social media and the internet can be used to for helping people and animals.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post

Hope you find him very soon. Fireworks always result in a few dogs running off.
Last years Natal Day fireworks, we saw this couple walk by with this little Jack Russell. He looked just like the Kramer dog !

Five minutes later when the fireworks started, we see the J-R headin' f'er the hills at Mach Chicken with the couple in hot pursuit...

I crack up every time I think about it ! Dunno why...