Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-22-2016, 09:40 PM

Default 27 hours to go for draw applications!!

Just a reminder to everyone that hasn't done so, tomorrow is the last day to put in your draws!! Good luck everyone!!
Old 06-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Banned

Thank you, Good luck to you too!
Old 06-22-2016, 10:49 PM

Line up at Cabelas tonight. I think a bunch of people doing draws. With the online system I can't see why you would want to wait in line
Old 06-22-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Line up at Cabelas tonight. I think a bunch of people doing draws. With the online system I can't see why you would want to wait in line
Even I can do it online, and that is sayin' something!!
Cat
Old 06-23-2016, 02:38 AM
Banned

Cool

https://www.albertarelm.com/licensing.page
Old 06-23-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Even I can do it online, and that is sayin' something!!
Cat

Good point....I'm always surprised to hear when people don't just do it on-line, it's such a simple, easy to use system.

Last edited by Scott N; 06-23-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:13 AM
Banned

I would prefer if the system changed so you had to do them in Person with valid Alberta ID at one of a few select outlets. Would cut down on draw wait times,
Old 06-23-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
I would prefer if the system changed so you had to do them in Person with valid Alberta ID at one of a few select outlets. Would cut down on draw wait times,
The way people talk you would think 40% of the people applying don't have a Alberta ID. I don't think this would reduce wait times at all
Old 06-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Banned

Just completed my draws online. Had to call the help line to figure out how to complete all those question boxes. The lady laughed and said ignore them completely. Told me to simply check the WMU i wanted and proceed to bottom of page. Even she did not know what all those other BS question boxes were for.
I would sure hate to be waiting in line at one of the sports stores or cnd. tire's tonight.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:41 PM

Online sure beats the old 1-900 call in draws..that took forever to put in for everything!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
The way people talk you would think 40% of the people applying don't have a Alberta ID. I don't think this would reduce wait times at all
Sure it would. You would have to be in the province for one thing. Another is you'd need to show up in person. Most people do it cause it's simple and they can do it from home (not In Alberta).
Old 06-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Sure it would. You would have to be in the province for one thing. Another is you'd need to show up in person. Most people do it cause it's simple and they can do it from home (not In Alberta).
When you talking about "wait times" do you mean the priority you need to get drawn? Do you think so many non-residents illegally say they are residents that it actually impacts priority you need to be drawn? Tens of thousands of non-residents would have to be doing it.

And think about this. What would it actually achieve? If F&W stops you and wants to see your license, they are also going to ask for ID to ensure it's actually YOUR license... then you haul out the BC driver's license and... LOL

I think your suggestion would increase wait times... in terms of standing for hours and hours in line waiting to submit draws.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
When you talking about "wait times" do you mean the priority you need to get drawn? Do you think so many non-residents illegally say they are residents that it actually impacts priority you need to be drawn? Tens of thousands of non-residents would have to be doing it.

And think about this. What would it actually achieve? If F&W stops you and wants to see your license, they are also going to ask for ID to ensure it's actually YOUR license... then you haul out the BC driver's license and... LOL

I think your suggestion would increase wait times... in terms of standing for hours and hours in line waiting to submit draws.
I can tell you right now having to apply in person with valid alberta I'd would decrease wait times for draws.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I can tell you right now having to apply in person with valid alberta I'd would decrease wait times for draws.
So what percent of hunters from outside the province do you think are fraudulently applying for resident tags online? Remember over 300,000 resident licenses were sold last year.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:

I've been checked many times by f+w and never once have they asked to see my drivers license. Always just been a tag check and chat, then theyre on their way.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
I've been checked many times by f+w and never once have they asked to see my drivers license. Always just been a tag check and chat, then theyre on their way.
wow. So if that was widely known, I'd just say "Hey Bob, I never got around to picking up a license and tag. can I borrow yours? If I get something, I'll buy one for you next week. Thanks man."
Old 06-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
wow. So if that was widely known, I'd just say "Hey Bob, I never got around to picking up a license and tag. can I borrow yours? If I get something, I'll buy one for you next week. Thanks man."
Are you arguing just for the sake of your post count?, your statement was proven not entirely correct and you come back with some silly scenario just because it's never happened to you?.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
So what percent of hunters from outside the province do you think are fraudulently applying for resident tags online? Remember over 300,000 resident licenses were sold last year.
You seem fixated on this for some reason. To answer you question I belive there Is a fair bit of people that apply for these draws out of province while the system believes they are Alberta residents.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Are you arguing just for the sake of your post count?, your statement was proven not entirely correct and you come back with some silly scenario just because it's never happened to you?.
No Hal, I'm amazed they don't ask for ID. And I have no interest in "running up my post count". It doesn't bring you anything except stupid comments about your post count.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:54 PM

Default bc draw

anyone here when?
Old 06-23-2016, 07:05 PM

Bump for posterity, just got mine in. I had to reset my password and the auto-reset feature wasn't emailing me so I had to phone in, thankfully the lady was helpful and I received the reset right away after that. Fingers crossed for a long awaited tag this year!
Old 06-23-2016, 09:48 PM

Still waiting....
Old 06-24-2016, 05:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
Still waiting....
Still waiting for what? The draw results don't come for a few weeks yet hah
Old 06-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Banned

I have to agree that I too have had both my hunting and fishing licences checked, had the boat and/or vehicle I was in given a quick once over, Rifle examined Game checked, but have never been asked to produce any other ID.
I would never carry someone elses licence and pretend that was me, but I imagine some people might. If you were being issued a ticket for something, however, ID would have to be produced, and thats when more serious cosequences would happen to fellow with his friends ID, and also to friend who borrowed it to him. Friend would probably say buddy took it without his knowledge.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
Online sure beats the old 1-900 call in draws..that took forever to put in for everything!
And way cheaper too. The phone bill a month later was
Old 06-24-2016, 04:10 PM

We had a bunch of guys call in their draw applications from work one year. When people see a 1-900 number hunting draws isn't the first thing to come to mind. They thought we had a serial dirty talker.

Gerry Burnie
Old 06-24-2016, 05:17 PM

Oky- I've been hunting every year for the last 37 years. Maybe stopped once a year by F&W. Never ever have I been asked for ID.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:31 PM

Is it August 10th yet? I'm dying to know if I got my archery antelope tag!!
Old 06-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Is it August 10th yet? I'm dying to know if I got my archery antelope tag!!
What was your priority and what wmu?
Old 06-27-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
What was your priority and what wmu?
I'm a 7 going into the draw, in the 150's second choice 160's. Unless things changed drastically in the population since last year, I should get drawn. At least according to the draw summary! But you never know, until it says awarded on your draw status!!