Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-25-2014, 08:10 AM

Default Read the regs before you fish

If you are a member and you are reading this you are not illiterate. Or at least not completely. Which means you have the ability to read and understand(or have them explained to you) all of Alberta's regulations. If you're not sure, ASK! Ignorance is no excuse with the resources we have at our finger tips.

JUST A NICE FRIENDLY REMINDER

Tight lines
Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 AM

The sad part is that some guys do ask questions, but get crucified for not knowing.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:51 AM

Eventually someone would answer tho i agree read the regs or ask ...if i got the answer id give it to ya straight as would alot of others ..
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 AM

Your nice friendly reminder comes across as you being a bit preachy.... People are gonna read the regs, or their not. Some guy on Ao putting up a post isn't going to make a difference.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
Your nice friendly reminder comes across as you being a bit preachy.... People are gonna read the regs, or their not. Some guy on Ao putting up a post isn't going to make a difference.
X2!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bluZebec View Post
X2!!!
X3
Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
X3
X4
Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM

Nothing like opening up a thread and getting a sermon.

Save your pontificating for individuals.

The vast majority of the active forum members read, understand and abide by the regulations and are comfortable and familiar how to use them.

Thanks anyways ..... now I'm going to sit shamefully in a corner. lol.

Solid Gold.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:38 PM

Damn right it's preachy cause a reminder shouldn't be needed. Individuals read the forum. This is for them. And a vast majority may follow the rules and not need reminding but clearly a lot do need a little reminder. If it changes one person it's still a change.
Besides, if you're following the rules, why do you care?
Why did you even read my thread?
Why turn something that is about a serious topic into a joke?

The reason I posted it was because of a recently removed thread not for fun.

The person or people that were fishing in the recently removed 'troutville' thread which showed and wrote about the illegal capture of rainbow and brook trout using baitfish were prohibited should be held accountable.

I bet you never thought they'd need a reminder. Since they're AO members.

I don't care if this bothers anyone. It shouldn't be shrugged off. The rules for that zone are crystal clear.

To the individuals. Sorry but turn the tables and I hope you'd feel the same way.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown View Post
Damn right it's preachy cause a reminder shouldn't be needed. Individuals read the forum. This is for them. And a vast majority may follow the rules and not need reminding but clearly a lot do need a little reminder. If it changes one person it's still a change.

The person or people that were fishing in the recently removed 'troutville' thread which showed and wrote about the illegal capture of rainbow and brook trout using baitfish were prohibited should be held accountable.

I don't care if this bothers anyone. It shouldn't be shrugged off. The rules for that zone are crystal clear.

To the individuals. Sorry but turn the tables and I hope you'd feel the same way.
So instead of preaching, report it to the proper authorities and let them do their job. If this is your job, then do you job and quit belittling people on a public forum.

It was a mistake. He owned up to his mistake. It was a mistake MANY of us have made. Several have admitted to the same mistake.

Offer advice is one thing. What you're doing is another. I'm guessing you're not perfect in every aspect of your life, so I'd recommend coming off your high horse and hanging with us pheasants down here.

Sounds to me you just want to be right, and shove it in their face. Well you're right. Move along now. Enjoy your day of being right.

Cheers
Old 11-25-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:

I 100% Agree with you ! But it is all over now and we can all move on !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1cB...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:

I thought the first post was pushin it, now its just down right annoying.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I thought the first post was pushin it, now its just down right annoying.
X2
Old 11-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

This situation is very trubling! It is no good for the forum or the AO fishing derby or albertas fishery! the top poster has a very good and important point! why are people supporting poachers on this place?!?!?
Old 11-25-2014, 04:27 PM

Were not supporting poachers, these threads go no where and just end up in the garbage.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EORE View Post
This situation is very trubling! It is no good for the forum or the AO fishing derby or albertas fishery! the top poster has a very good and important point! why are people supporting poachers on this place?!?!?
We're not supporting poachers. The guy made a mistake and owned it. He won't make the same mistake again. Time to move on.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 PM

X2!!!

Looks like someone has had a very bad day!...looking to start some trouble. It was an innocent enough mistake, we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.
#1 win the lottery (so I could fish everyday)
#2 & 3 still thinking.....
Old 11-25-2014, 05:40 PM

Default Read the regs before you fish

As one of the "poachers" you are speaking of, please allow me the opportunity to respond.

First of all the blame resides w/me. I and I alone read the regs and advised my fellow angler that indeed bait was allowed. Clearly this is incorrect and the mistake made is mine as I said.

I had no malicious intent, it was a matter of misinterpretation of the regs, which again I read before we departed for our trip.

ctown I know you have first hand knowledge of mistakenly interpreting the regs as evidenced in the thread I link below.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=223383

It clearly does not equate in the gravity of the mistake but is a mistake nonetheless. It also serves to further enforce your original point.

In future I will ensure that I thoroughly read the regs prior to embarking on adventures into areas unfamiliar to me.

I mean no disrespect in this reply. I simply want to clear the air and to reinforce the original sentiment of the thread.

Cheers.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:48 PM

Default Well Said

Well said bwackwabbit, clearly a mistake...time to move on
Old 11-25-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwackwabbit View Post
As one of the "poachers" you are speaking of, please allow me the opportunity to respond.

First of all the blame resides w/me. I and I alone read the regs and advised my fellow angler that indeed bait was allowed. Clearly this is incorrect and the mistake made is mine as I said.

I had no malicious intent, it was a matter of misinterpretation of the regs, which again I read before we departed for our trip.

ctown I know you have first hand knowledge of mistakenly interpreting the regs as evidenced in the thread I link below.

It clearly does not equate in the gravity of the mistake but is a mistake nonetheless. It also serves to further enforce your original point.

In future I will ensure that I thoroughly read the regs prior to embarking on adventures into areas unfamiliar to me.

I mean no disrespect in this reply. I simply want to clear the air and to reinforce the original sentiment of the thread.

Cheers.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 PM

Some times it is better to just let things lie, then get on the soap box for everybody to see.....
Old 11-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Agree

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
We're not supporting poachers. The guy made a mistake and owned it. He won't make the same mistake again. Time to move on.
Again agree!

Old 11-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Pot....meet kettle.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EORE View Post
Poaching to me means intent.
To me this was more an overlook or misunderstanding.
Calling people a poacher is a little overboard in this case.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Poaching to me means intent.
To me this was more an overlook or misunderstanding.
Calling people a poacher is a little overboard in this case.
Agree once again.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:19 PM

I didn't start the thread with a noticeable direction. It was a general comment. It then was turned into more. Yes, I have mistakenly interpreted regs before but I have never fished without knowing the rules of where I fish. As a seasoned fisherman I'm sure you knew what you were doing, bait and baitfish are clearly listed differently. No one likes to be called out but sometimes it has to happen, and if this guy was an Asian you'd all be bitching the same.

This was just a friendly reminder from an annoyed member(hence the context) now it's more.

It's a forum and I'll cry if I want too.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:26 PM

A general comment would have read something like:

Guys please make sure you read the regs.

Not all the commentary in the OP.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 11-25-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwackwabbit View Post

ctown I know you have first hand knowledge of mistakenly inbterpreting the regs as evidenced in the thread I link below.

Cheers.
You have handled this with ownership and class. I respect that.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
You have handled this with ownership and class. I respect that.
Me too.