Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 11:57 PM
AO Sponsor

Default O

So... who is sick and tired of all this covid pseudo-pandemic stupidity??? Let's just forget about it... even tho Justin appears to be setting up a permanent dictatorship, covid death rates only slightly worse than 2018 seasonal flu, currency/world economies are about to enter a catastrophic event, and the world's liberals/commies are chomping at the bit to gain world dominance over the USA, frothing at the mouth in fanatsy of supplanting Trump in the November election...

Cool times, eh? Truly looks like the end times are upon us, for those who believe in the Bible... but that's a whole 'nother topic... are we allowed to discuss religion on here???

Anyways, let's wake up trappers!!! FHA sale right around the corner (hmmm....) We are just over 7 weeks away from opening day of trapping season... in the south that is.

Covid....(YAWN....)

So many things to talk about, so much silence. I guess everybody thinks we all gonna die

COYOTES ARE STILL IN DEMAND!!! Prep time is short, except for Phi-lbert who has been mass prepping his lines.

Anyways... SNARE LOCK TIME...

I have had the 1/16 "New Lock" in my possession all summer, however, never released it yet... reason being, I was unable to test the mass produced lock in season. Prototypes lock up sooo tight , it's freaky. The snare lock has been the weak link in the system, unless you were privileged, but few did. At any rate, even tho I did my due diligence, ie, lock stamped from sheet steel, lock constructed soundly to tight tolerances, etc etc, etc. my Canadian Coyote Company co-owner/partner insisted that we get some coyotes caught in the thing and tested before we release the lock.

Hence, I sought out several ADC trappers, one being the highly acclaimed "American Wolf Trapper" as in the best trapper in the universe, operating down in NV, UT, and WY, as well as one of our local ADC agents of kiyute doom. These guys took a bunch of snares, with #33 Supermagnum springs, etc and knocked out a bunch of Kiyutes.

Both trappers were very pleased.

"American Wolf Trapper" is chomping at the bit to get his hands on some 5/64" and 3/32" locks for his wolf snares. (Now the same man just happens to be a coyote killer extraordinaire, but that's beside the point, the most highly trained, highly motivated, expericenced, educated, etc of canine trappers) ( I may have killed more coyotes than the man in a fur season, yes, but he's a way better and more knowledgeable man than I will ever be... I'm very pleased to have his as both friend and confidante!!!)

When will we release??? Right shortly, HOWEVER, a little hang up, the fat man must go to UQ and leave on Thursday for the weekend, back home by th 19th, SO WHEN i GET BACK, I will see to it that the lock has it's name, and make up some labels, etc.

5/64" and 3/32" Locks will be produced fully by Sept 10 and a boat ride, thus should have in hand for end of Sept? Unless a miscommunication and they have them here earlier. My apologes, thing go slowly in the twighlight zone of the earth. Everybody wants made in USA quality at a made in China price. Only one way to obtain a made in China price.

The production locks in the 1/16" size look awesome! Definitely the best lock ever made. I'm going to cut off all my other snare locks and replace with these new locks.

Havent't officially named the thing. I plan to talk with an attorney tomorrow who deals with intellectual property stuff and try to ascertain if I really have to buy a trademark to name the thing safely. There are many, many types of locks in this world, mostly security locks, and the many security locks want to/have trademarked desireable names. Some trademarked names literally have zero legal protection even tho a trademark exists, other names have extreme heavy protection, so I will run the name I have in mind past legal council and see what he sez.

So when I get back from the 2020 Canadian Coyote Conference at Ucluelet, I will get these locks on the website and broadcast them on here, etc. The 1/16" size will be available for immediate sale, other sizes as soon as they arrive.

So just a quick update to let you knw, I know numerous folks have been waiting to build their snares til we get these locks. I assure you, the wait will be worth it.

Between the new lock and the #33 Supermagnum sping and Senneker Powersnare Trigger, of course, we should be as maxxed out as we can possiby get with the steel self locking neck snare!
Old 08-12-2020, 08:31 AM

Default locks

Marty enjoyed your write up on the new locks. However please stick to trapping and trap equipment where you have excellent knowledge. I did not see a 'Dr' in front of yours or the idiot presidents name. Leave Corona to the experts and wear your mask.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:42 AM

So it's not a cam lock with teeth knock off? I'm excited to see this and hope it's as good as you make it sound.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:46 AM
AO Sponsor

My most sincere apologies... simply mindlessly rambling... whatever was I thinking? I was simply summarizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSGIC_irVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb9j...G6mDJj729fK_Aw

I love my hydroxychloroquine! Been on it for the better part of 20 years, take it daily good stuff for me, keeps me trapping and skinning, hasn't killed me yet. Faucci liked it back in 2005 and promoted it as effective for the coronovirus of 2005.

Meanwhile, I'm likely going on an airplane, I will be wearing an N95 mask the full time I enter the airport until I leave the destination airport. I still don't want covid even tho it seems to be blown out of proportion epic-ally

But I should really keep quiet, I suspect the powers that be will succeed in taking over and people like myself who promote whistle blowers like Dr Gold and her large contingent of buddies will pay.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:43 PM

Any pics of the new snare lock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2020, 04:44 PM

Any pics of the new lock?

Old 08-12-2020, 08:42 PM

Default The ultimate

Marty, I will be happy to buy a bunch. Just as soon as I find out that coyotes are going for at least a $75 average. LOL.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:37 AM
AO Sponsor

Sorry for no pic, im on the road and cant remember my photobucket password. I have one pic on my phone of 3/32 lock that kinda shows it. Ill get it on tomorrow
Old 08-15-2020, 08:17 AM

well marty still waiting for a picture and a name.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:08 PM
AO Sponsor

Sorry... im off pretending to fish in UQ

Cheap tho

Just expensive on return

Def get to Hardy and fish w Davey/Serengeti
Old 08-21-2020, 01:52 PM

Okay Marty I will bite what’s different about them? Cross hatch pattern we cannot see in the picture?

Old 08-24-2020, 11:53 PM
AO Sponsor

Sorry for the delay... BUSY... non stop