Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM

Default First post! First stop, Fairview, AB

Hello everyone! Been following and searching tho forum for some time now, but finally decided to join to share info and learn among you all! A little about myself, I work for an oilfield hauling company that has me piloting loads and travelling everywhere from the US border at Coutts and I have been as far north as the NWT border(with the occasional trips to Saskatchewan and BC)!

Today my travels take me to Fairview, AB for the next 4 days!! I brought my fly rod and icefishing gear to be more practical! I probably will land around 530pm and plan on fishing the evening away! Any recommended spots I should check out over the next few days. I am strictly catch and release and would thoroughly enjoy some insight!! Thank you all, and don't be shy to link up on the lakes or riverbanks as I always fish alone so some company never hurts(exchanging fishing stories/lies haha)
Pat
Old 04-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Well welcome Pat, I am sure you will be entertained here and a few can help you out regarding your fishing question. Good luck!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-02-2014, 11:44 AM

welcome there are lots of good people here to give you a hand.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-02-2014, 11:44 AM

Fairview is not a good fishing area. You have the Peace river which is fairly close and a few stocked trout lakes not to far away....like stoney.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM

There's not a bunch of lakes around but Cummings lake north of Fairview by the ball diamonds has perch and rainbows. Not sure of conditions of the ice but worth a try and close to town! The Peace river opened as of april 1 but not sure what about access. good luck!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:57 AM

Hey thanks to all of you! I may check out one of these spots tonight and then work around there the next few days! Thanks for being helpful! As goes to pickerel pat's comment, I figured fairview wouldn't be the greatest, and sometimes the towns I visit only disappoint but I really keep an open and positive mind so hopefully one of these recommendations produces tonight!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 PM

If you have an iPhone you could try the iFish app. It has a proximity search and some lakes/rivers has some hot spots indicated and some feedback. Works fairly well while travelling.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 PM

good luck. theres also figure eight lake to. forgot about that one. closer to grimshaw.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhook View Post
If you have an iPhone you could try the iFish app. It has a proximity search and some lakes/rivers has some hot spots indicated and some feedback. Works fairly well while travelling.
Just downloaded that bad boy so hopefully I can contribute much from my travels as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
good luck. theres also figure eight lake to. forgot about that one. closer to grimshaw.
Awesome I will check em all out then! Thanks a tonne my man!

Tags
alberta, fairview, new to forum