Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 AM

That was not that bad. Last year we were fishing with kids from the shore. Couple guys came with their boat, stopped at about 12-15 yards in front of us, dropped drift sock anchor and started fly fishing. That's what I would called disrespect.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vook View Post
That was not that bad. Last year we were fishing with kids from the shore. Couple guys came with their boat, stopped at about 12-15 yards in front of us, dropped drift sock anchor and started fly fishing. That's what I would called disrespect.
Put on your biggest heaviest spoon and start skipping it across the water.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:52 PM

Break out the slingshot and egg sinkers (or M&M peanuts). Fire a warning shot or two.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:39 AM

I personally fish with people i want to be with and not really a fan of people getting too close to me on the water. I find that to be rude when there is an entire lake and it may be a spot that i have scoured the lake over the years looking for. Out of courtesy i dont think its right to come too close to someone when theyre fishing - if they havent chosen to fish in a poplular or known spot i think space and respect should be given. Chances are probably fairly decent that if they are fishing a "spot" it might be a wider area than you think and you may be doing doughnuts or drive bys througb the area that they will be fishing very shortly... thus i give as much space as i would want, which is a lot.

I understand that there is the social aspect to it and that is really awesome and slowly over time i am slowly making it a tad more "social" i guess tou could say. But generally i go fish with people that i want there.

Maybe it depends on the situation - but majority of time i think leave the guy alone get a ballpark of where it is from a very generous distance and come back later when he has moved.

2 cents of a fishing hermit hahaha
Old 07-07-2017, 01:17 AM

I shore fish more than anything but I wouldn't be too bothered unless they got within casting distance if I was boating or casting right into my casting radius/crossing my line if I was shore fishing. I like to chat with others and am pretty sociable so others coming by isn't a bother for me generally.

If I fish a small lake enough I'll eventually pick a spot that I feel most comfortable with, and if I happen to get there and others are there I'll leave them be, popping over if I notice they leave. Like others have said, it's not your lake or my lake, it's a lake we all share so we should have some respect for each other. Unless you own your own lake with fish, in which case can I come over?
Old 07-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Vent on a forum. That sucks though.