Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Arrow Moose Lake, Vincent Lake, Bangs Lake!

Hey all,
My buddy and I are planning a week long fishing trip to the St. Paul/Bonnyville area at the end of July. The lakes we were thinking about hitting are moose lake, vincent lake and bangs lake. I knows there tons of info on moose lake on here but I've seen very little about bangs lake and vincent lake. Anyone have any info on them? I have a large boat that we are taking.

My other question is, we plan on pulling my 28' travel trailer but hate staying in campgrounds. Is there anywhere in that general area that a person can set up a travel trailer in the bush? Old lease sites etc? Being from Calgary and fishing southern Alberta I've never really explored up in that neck of the woods.

Thanks in advance!

Lethal Prostaff Member
Canadian Waterfowl Prostaff Member
Sillosock Prostaff Member
Pure Gold Chokes Prostaff Member
Lynch Mob Calls Prostaff Member
Wolverine Guns and Tackle
Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 PM

I tried getting into bangs lake this summer. Came off the hiway and down a goat trail to the lake. But the trail was flooded out before the lake. Unless there is another way in... I was following the Alberta fishing guide directions.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:56 AM

No you won't get into Bangs lake unless you have a car topper or inflatable. There are two ways to access it but neither have a proper launch, both hills are super steep and the one entrance down has about 200 yards of bulrushes to get through until you are in 3 to 4 ft of water. Hard to turn around down in there and just an overall bugger of a struggle to get in and out of there. Not recommended to try your luck there especially if those hills get any rain on them then you'd better have all your camping gear with you to hunker down for a day or two until it dries up enough to scale it back out. Stick to Moose, maybe try Kehewin or Chickenhill
Old 07-11-2017, 01:59 PM

I'm fairly sure there isnt any place to random camp around Moose lake, it's all private agricultural or grazing lease.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
I'm fairly sure there isnt any place to random camp around Moose lake, it's all private agricultural or grazing lease.
Actually there is. On the west side of the lake. Some gravel pits and trails. Quadders there a lot. Have seen campers parked here and there throughout.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Banned

Go camp at Tucker. It's all crown and 30 minutes to cold lake 30 minutes to moose 45 to Pinehurst.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Pretty sure Vincent lake is surrounded by farmland. There's a good campground at west cove though.