Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Default Help Identifying this person

Good Morning,

Can anyone help me identify this person? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (66.3 KB, 4053 views)
Old 12-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Default why?

A where and why?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:56 AM

I would say a guide. He has no gun but the guy behind him does. Food for thought?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:58 AM

what area is this
Old 12-11-2017, 11:12 AM

The second guy looks like he was a little worried his picture was going to get taken
Old 12-11-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I would say a guide. He has no gun but the guy behind him does. Food for thought?
X2, exactly what I thought.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:34 AM

I believe 310 ,cause I saw it on Instagram as well
Old 12-11-2017, 11:35 AM

Correct, WMU 310.

Thanks all. Appreciate any help you can offer.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
This

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 12-11-2017, 09:07 PM

Default Picture

Off topic but who carries a rifle like that? Left side and upside down, very bizarre!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Off topic but who carries a rifle like that? Left side and upside down, very bizarre!
Nothing bizarre about that carry style at all, you should try it
Cat
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I do, but on right side - shoot left handed. Keeps snow and dirt out of the front of my scope. But it's not me in the picture!
Old 12-12-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
I rarely use a sling but if I do I almost always carry my rifle like that. It's far more comfortable then muzzle up and quicker to get on target.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
i would say a guide. He has no gun but the guy behind him does. Food for thought?
yep
Old 12-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingAlberta View Post
Good Morning,

Thank you
Can't identify them but $10 says they're brothers, just look at the nose's.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Good Morning,

Thank you
Pretty sure the second guy is JT I'd have him charged!
Old 12-12-2017, 07:21 AM

Any leads on the ID of these two?

LC
Old 12-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good Morning,

Thank you
Sorry i thought it was darrell, larry's brother.
Good luck on your search.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Banned

I'd like to know the complete story including the story from the two fellows in the picture. Who knows, maybe one of them was injured, family member died, they were avoiding something such as an animal or someone in the bush, all kinds of possibilities requiring the need for them to bee line it out of where they were?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:35 AM

Throwing pics on the internet doesn't in my opinion seem like a proper thing to do in regards to a possible criminal activity. You see it all the time though. If you have suspicions of an outfitter then send him the pic and ask if ts is a client or employee. There may be a simple explanation as a medical issue or late for an apt that caused a 'shortcut' back to a road. If it's a one time thing then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a habit or blatant disregard then take to the next level. I would keep the pics to myself though.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:16 AM

Good morning all, just a follow up as I've received lots of questions, and some help.

The one person has been identified. The authorities are aware and are currently building their case. I am pressing charges, to the maximum extent of the law.

This will be the sixth case this year I have had that i am pressing charges against for trespassing, poaching or vandalism to my property. I'm tired of it, and wish that more people would obey the law rather than try to shame people for wanting the rights to their property upheld. There are a few more cases that i know occurred that i don't have the proof to proceed further.

I never understand why there is so much animosity toward a landowner trying to get respect of their possessions. Poachers/Trespassers create a bad name for all of us. I personally don't see a difference between people cutting locks, trespassing, etc and any other crime. I don't think anyone would appreciate me going to their home and sitting in their living room uninvited.

My girlfriend and I actually had to shoot a lock off of our own gate this year as someone locked us inside of our own land by chaining and locking us in. It was clear with the fresh snow that we were in there and was done intentionally. It was a good learning lesson for my girlfriend towards the ignorant group of criminals that associate with the law abiding hunters.

I do appreciate all of the help that was directed my way.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Good morning all, just a follow up as I've received lots of questions, and some help.

The one person has been identified. The authorities are aware and are currently building their case. I am pressing charges, to the maximum extent of the law.

This will be the sixth case this year I have had that i am pressing charges against for trespassing, poaching or vandalism to my property. I'm tired of it, and wish that more people would obey the law rather than try to shame people for wanting the rights to their property upheld. There are a few more cases that i know occurred that i don't have the proof to proceed further.

I never understand why there is so much animosity toward a landowner trying to get respect of their possessions. Poachers/Trespassers create a bad name for all of us. I personally don't see a difference between people cutting locks, trespassing, etc and any other crime. I don't think anyone would appreciate me going to their home and sitting in their living room uninvited.

My girlfriend and I actually had to shoot a lock off of our own gate this year as someone locked us inside of our own land by chaining and locking us in. It was clear with the fresh snow that we were in there and was done intentionally. It was a good learning lesson for my girlfriend towards the ignorant group of criminals that associate with the law abiding hunters.

Good on you... I hope people get charged for doing stupid things. Trespassing is trespassing, no matter if it's land or your house.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:13 AM

and for the guys with the Polaris quad who cut the lock off of the gates to access it, I've got your pictures and so do the F&W.

Those pictures are not for the social media platform as I have faces and license plate numbers.

Thankfully there are lots of honest guys out there willing to ID the bad apples.

I've also got lots of pictures of cool things as well. Nothing beats heading out and checking SD cards to see who/what you'll find.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Good deal for turning them in hope things work out. Hopefully when all said and done you can report back with how the procedings went.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:43 PM

My buddy's property where I have the only permission to hunt is the same. WE have signs up everywhere and still see signs of tresspass and poaching every year ( bloody drag trails in snow) WE have caught a few in past couple years but it requires constant surviellence and we physically cant do that. A real pain
Old 12-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:

Good on you for following through with the trespassing, the disrespect for landowners is rampant in this province. Ignore the loser comments on here trying to explain/defend poachers, they always show up on these threads.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Good on you !
I hope in all cases you can nail the offenders ...... As you stated, they make a bad name for us all. Special Guide Outfitters doing this, they are to be Professional, how pathetic.
Good luck with your cases against said offenders.
CSM
Old 12-16-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Good job. Hope you nail them good.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Good job. Hope you nail them good.
Hopefully it is a guide, and the outfitter sent him onto the property, so both can be charged.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
Throwing pics on the internet doesn't in my opinion seem like a proper thing to do in regards to a possible criminal activity. You see it all the time though. If you have suspicions of an outfitter then send him the pic and ask if ts is a client or employee. There may be a simple explanation as a medical issue or late for an apt that caused a 'shortcut' back to a road. If it's a one time thing then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a habit or blatant disregard then take to the next level. I would keep the pics to myself though.
Nope, they are trespassers, criminals and they will give you every excuse as to why they were there even a medical excuse...crooks are not stupid so you gotta match wit with wit or be a victim of crime....your choice.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...