Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default Can a guy ever hit a girl?

Axeman's thread about the B&E got me thinking about this but I didn't want to clutter up his thread....So.......

Let's just suppose that the B&E culprit was a female.We all know that there are a lot of female tweekers out there and yes some of them pack knives but...

I was raised old school where a guy never hits a girl but the world is changing and not for the better.

Here's the question..

If a dude threatens the safety of you or your family then most of us would do the "Axeman" on him.

But what if it was a girl??
Old 04-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Default hmmm what a question

I'd say, hopefully it would not come to that. I'd hope that in this case alone she "the purpertraiter" would just give up and either run off or not put up a struggle. Therefore no need of physical violence, but women are generally easier to "handle" then men, and thus less force would be needed. I would not pulvarize a womans face if she tried to break-in, but possibly use justifiable force to detain her until the authorities showed up. And that is the key, "Justifiable Force" not "Excessive Force"

Jmo....hopefully I wont get hanged for this comment
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Suspended User

I ran with people that carried knives in my youth, and I would not ever hesitate to drop a chick. Ask any cop, they will tell you that women are as dangerous as men.
Remember the Woman's Rights movement, equality for all. If you ever turn your back on a female you will find out about the "weaker sex."
Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

Never hit a woman. But I would hesitate to drop a b!tch. Sorry to be crude but I don't care what your plumbing is when you try to break in to my house.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 PM

Id say if your defending your self or your family damn right she will drop as fast as any guy , but now if its to just slap around your wife or girlfriend Ill be dropping you , ask the neighbor a time or 4 ago .
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Axeman's thread about the B&E got me thinking about this but I didn't want to clutter up his thread....So.......

Let's just suppose that the B&E culprit was a female.We all know that there are a lot of female tweekers out there and yes some of them pack knives but...

I was raised old school where a guy never hits a girl but the world is changing and not for the better.

Here's the question..

If a dude threatens the safety of you or your family then most of us would do the "Axeman" on him.

But what if it was a girl??
Only Bond.....James Bond.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Only Bond.....James Bond.
lol.....and Clarke Gable because he don't give a damn..
Old 04-27-2009, 11:24 PM

To answer the query yes...and to answer the unasked yes I have and wouldnt hesitate again...depending on circumstances of course
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
To answer the query yes...and to answer the unasked yes I have and wouldnt hesitate again...depending on circumstances of course
Oh....yeahhhhh...you probably hit like Stortini anyways.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM

i have hit a girl and i don't recommend it. back in my wild and crazy younger days i went to a bar on newyears eve, i got there about 7 pm just to get a head start on festive party goers. after a gallon or two of draft i needed to empty the tank so i wobbled to the can, this classy establishment had one of those long troughs for a p*sser and i bellied up beside this big dude that was wearing a red checked jacket, he had long straggley blondish hair and very bad aim. as the evacuation progressed he zigged when he should have zagged and managed to pee on my shoe! i called him a f###head and told him to smarten up and he proceeded to smack me up side the head whereupon i dropped to the floor all the while still emtying the tank. he laughed and left the room and i rose to my feet with revenge on my mind! as i walked back into the bar i spotted him leaving the room via the side stairs. i ran over to the stairway and there, about halfway up the stairway was the insolant curr, his back was facing me so i ran up grabbed him by the shoulder spun him around and cranked him a sweet one right in the mouth! as he bounced down 3 or 4 cement steps i noticed he was crying and wearing lipstick! "oh boy..." as i turned back around all i remember seeing was a red face and a big fist heading my way! i can't remember the entire shellacking i took that night but let's just say it was thorough! so in answer to your question, no it's never a good idea to hit a girl.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:59 AM

A female grizzly will kill you just as fast as a male grizzly........

Don't hesitate to drop some broad if you are in danger. Equal rights.....and lefts too.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 AM

i dont care if you break into my house guy or girl is going to have a bad day!!!! (act like a bitch get slaped like a bitch ) lol
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM

I'm taking legal studies in school right now. According to the law, men are allowed to stand up for themselves to any means they find necessary to keep themselves safe. This doesn't mean that a man can start the fight legally. A men is technically allowed to just keep them self safe. Myself, I don't think I would have the balls to lay a fist on a women, but I guess it depends on the situation too.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 AM

well i am not sure where to start on this one, but one day about 8 yrs ago i was dating this chick who had serious issues, couldn't tell u what kinda but pretty messed up. Anyway i was on the phone with my mother when she got home and she just started to scream like crazy at me while i was talking to my mom. Needless to say i let my mom go and the screaming match was on. Well that went on for about hr and i had the urge to pee so i was heading up stairs when i got pulled back down the stairs (by the crazy woman) and next thing u know i am on the ground and she has a steak nife to my throwt. well let me tell u, a person shuts up really quick when that happins. I still had the phone in my hand at this time. She was screamin like a mad crazy woman and telling me i am done.(meening dead) Well i was so freaked out i paniced and smoke her so hard in the head with the phone (the old cordless with hard antenna) dam near knocked her out cold. well she was so shocked of what happined she just took her s*** and left. Witch was the best thing ever. But ya i believe under sertain circumstances yup do what u gotta do to save ya self or ya family. Careful of them crazy woman they can be dangerous.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Fishing Gal

Well being a girl I would like to say that if I was threating you or your family, I would most definately deserve what was coming to me. But any other time, you had better be able to dodge a bullet if you decide to hit me.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Save for my sister when we were kids I've never hit a girl or woman. I have however had to restrain a few that had too much to drink and were getting punchy and very ill-behaved. A few on personal time and a couple when I worked at a nightclub as a bar porter. Usually a bear hug or a full nelson suffices; watch out for those fingernails though, they can be like wolverines!

I think if they start it it should be OK to reciprocate. I'd be pretty reluctant to do it, but if the situation warranted I'd probably step up. If it involved my wife or toddler son you can bet I would take action, but if it was just me I might turn the other cheek within reason.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Oh....yeahhhhh...you probably hit like Stortini anyways.
LMAO He would put her in a bear hug,wrestle her to the ground and call it a win
Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el sparko View Post
i have hit a girl and i don't recommend it. back in my wild and crazy younger days i went to a bar on newyears eve, i got there about 7 pm just to get a head start on festive party goers. after a gallon or two of draft i needed to empty the tank so i wobbled to the can, this classy establishment had one of those long troughs for a p*sser and i bellied up beside this big dude that was wearing a red checked jacket, he had long straggley blondish hair and very bad aim. as the evacuation progressed he zigged when he should have zagged and managed to pee on my shoe! i called him a f###head and told him to smarten up and he proceeded to smack me up side the head whereupon i dropped to the floor all the while still emtying the tank. he laughed and left the room and i rose to my feet with revenge on my mind! as i walked back into the bar i spotted him leaving the room via the side stairs. i ran over to the stairway and there, about halfway up the stairway was the insolant curr, his back was facing me so i ran up grabbed him by the shoulder spun him around and cranked him a sweet one right in the mouth! as he bounced down 3 or 4 cement steps i noticed he was crying and wearing lipstick! "oh boy..." as i turned back around all i remember seeing was a red face and a big fist heading my way! i can't remember the entire shellacking i took that night but let's just say it was thorough! so in answer to your question, no it's never a good idea to hit a girl.

Similar situation happened to me a few years ago. $ guys jumped my friend in a bar. I pulled one of them off him. I DID NOT THROW ANY PUNCHES. His girlfriend got in there and started punching me in the n#ts. I gave her one little in the mouth to let her know to back off. I was the only one charged with assault. I beat the charge. All the stinking cops care about is that a poor little girl got hit. I would not do it as an abuser, but yes again in my defense. If they think they are man enough to get in a fight and cheap shot me, you are going to get it right back.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Why should it be any different? The same intent and motivation is required for either a male or female to become involved in such an activity, so they should be treated the same. If someone is threatening the safety of your family or home, open season.

Heads-Up, sometimes the ladies can be extremely aggressive and dangerous. The first time I was stabbed was by a young lady that was out of control and up to no good. With the exception of my military service, I had to use more force on her than any other dirtbag I ever had dealings with.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:34 PM

I was raised by my Dad that if you act like a lady you will be treated like a lady (shush Kutenay...lol) but if you act like a man you deserve to be treated like a man.

If a female invades your home, security, or family I certainly believe that regardless of gender you have the right to protect yourself, your property and your loved ones. If she brings it to you....return it in kind!

Cheers,
Old 04-28-2009, 03:34 PM

Ladies no.
But then we aren't talking about a lady are we? Ask a cop who some of the nastiest are to deal with. Women know that they aren't treated the same in certain situations. He has been kicked in the sack many times, punched, head butted and spit on. Many more of these incidents are from females than they are from males. They play the "you hit a woman" card if he roughs them up the same as he would a guy.
If a chick is threatening me or my family it'll be a knuckle sandwich hold the bread. End of story.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
I was raised by my Dad that if you act like a lady you will be treated like a lady (shush Kutenay...lol) but if you act like a man you deserve to be treated like a man.

If a female invades your home, security, or family I certainly believe that regardless of gender you have the right to protect yourself, your property and your loved ones. If she brings it to you....return it in kind!

Cheers,
I like that! Cheers to you Swansong!!!
"I am fascinated by the wild, rough country sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes." - JOC
Old 04-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Equal opportunity, I don't discriminate
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM

One of the worst beatings i've ever recieved was from a woman, purely due to the fact that I wouldn't hit her back. It must have gone on for 5 minutes before someone finally stopped her. It didn't help that I kept egging her on (trying to be a big man) throughout the whole ordeal. Looking back on that situation I should have at least subdued her until she calmed down.
I also had an incident where I was put up against a girl in a kickboxing tournament when I was 14 years old. It was supposed to be point sparring but she decided she wanted to go for it. After three or four cheap shots near my junk(one light connection...ouch) and a dozen or so failed jabs to the face I gave her a few good stiff jabs back. Unfortunately her coach didn't think this was very sportsman like (she was crying when she left the ring) and tried to fight me in the parking lot after. What was i supposed to do? Let her try and kick my b**ls and punch my face without retaliating? She entered the ring aware that she was fighting with men and agreed to it.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Gentlemen DO NOT HIT women, period.

With some 16 years of private and government security in the Greater Vancouver region, including mental wards, the docks, the "Downtown Eastside" and shopping malls, much of this supervising others, male and female, all races and a wide spectrum of ages, including former Can.Forces officers, I have seen some UGLY females and have my share of "war stories" .

The worst female ever was at Vancouver General Hospital "Emerg", a big Cree from Alberta with a wraithlike terminally HV "white" boyfriend and she was just SMOKIN' the young watch supervisor....his own fault as he fancied himself a "military" type and was disrespectful to her. By the time I got into it, he had pretty much realized that she could, would and was kicking his azz and she looked at me with an evil glare.

Just then, two large, pizzed-off V.P.D. male constables got into it as she evidently had an outstanding warrant and it took them and me to subdue her and get her into the "paddywagon". I was only 43 at that time and while only 5'8", I am very husky and know how to handle people. Yet, this female was ONE TOUGH BROAD and while the two young cops and I chuckled about it after, I am bloody glad that I did not have to tackle her alone.

Would I have actually HIT her.....well, I certainly would defend myself and do what I had to do, but, I really hate the idea of duking it out with a woman....they fight DIRTY!!!

Last edited by Kutenay; 04-28-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Default If you earn it!

If you earn it , you shall recieve it !!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 PM

Bitch down!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 PM

Was in the army back in the late 80's when women started coming into the combat arms. During pugil stick fighting(big Q tip) you had 30 seconds to inflict as much punishment as you could on your opponent, had a woman get drawn to fight me. She went down about 5 seconds into it so I got 25 seconds of beat down time, exactly the same thing I would have got if I went down fighting one of the boys.
You want to play with the big dogs you better be ready to accept the consequences, all's fair in love and war!!!!!!
Salty
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal****er cowboy View Post
Was in the army back in the late 80's when women started coming into the combat arms. During pugil stick fighting(big Q tip) you had 30 seconds to inflict as much punishment as you could on your opponent, had a woman get drawn to fight me. She went down about 5 seconds into it so I got 25 seconds of beat down time, exactly the same thing I would have got if I went down fighting one of the boys.
You want to play with the big dogs you better be ready to accept the consequences, all's fair in love and war!!!!!!
Salty

sign me and the old lady up....this week if possible!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 PM

Having been a doorman at a night club for many years I can say I have had to hit women in self defence. Women are just as dangerous as men, in some cases they can be worse because they think a man will never strike a woman.
I have seen a police officer stike a woman with a baton until the baton actually broke and the woman still continues to fight until the officer drew his side arm and ordered her to the ground. I have absolutely no problem hitting a woman if I fear for my own safety. However I will never hit a woman unless I absolutely feel I have no other choice.