Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 AM

Default Namaka Lake

Does anyone know if the land is DUC owned or is it leased out by DUC? Called them and they said no issue to go hunting there. Talking about the Northwest part in particular. Really trying to figure out where I'm going this weekend and don't want to get all setup just to have to leave.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:38 AM

Not sure if you are targeting waterfowl or pheasant. I have hunted there several times over the years for both, primarily accessed via the east side.Here is a link to the ACA website with a map of the location and pheasant hunting area identified. http://www.ab-conservation.com/progr...89A028F4A43991
Old 09-26-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain11 View Post
Not sure if you are targeting waterfowl or pheasant. I have hunted there several times over the years for both, primarily accessed via the east side.Here is a link to the ACA website with a map of the location and pheasant hunting area identified. http://www.ab-conservation.com/progr...89A028F4A43991
Ducks - Do you know if there are any access points on the West/Northwest?
Old 09-26-2018, 09:21 PM

Yes, there are a couple of parking areas just off the road north of the lake that runs east-west.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:09 AM

Morning Gents,

How do you get to the south side of the release site? Is there access or Rg Rd 235? or do you walk to it?

Was there Sunday and tried to get to it but didn't see a clear way. I tried to drive down the western side and ended up an AltaGas site, and was greeted by a couple of truck loads of real nice fellas asking for permits and letting me know whites are not allowed there hahaAs As I was turning around when they showed up, and had no intentions of hunting there it was good for a Sunday laugh.

Tags
calgary area, duck hunting, ducks unlimted