Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 PM

Default b.c frustration

I'm not sure what others experiences are when they go to b.c but my track record is brutal. I've lived in alberta all my life and have never had soo many issues then in b.c. Some examples are, some guys stealing from you, not ounce but twice and the last one was 4000$ worth of fishing gear in witch I did my own investigation and found my own stuff cause the rcmp who took my report shows up in burmuda shorts and I thought great I know we're this ain't going. (that's a story all in its self) , followed and pulled over countless times by police and was even given a bogas ticket ounce. This last one really burns me,in fact ruined my well needed holiday. Showed up at camp found one lake side site some dude comes out from the other camp and says " who are you? What do you want? " were like here to camp and do some fishing, so any way get through that, set up and go fishing. Get back now the lake is calm and I thought this is a good time to try my new rc boat out (battery) take it to the lake right at camp start running the boat and our friendly neighbor comes flying down the hill and says " you've got to be kidding me! " I'm standing there dumbfounded and say what, he says " you've got to be #$#$#$ kidding me " what's the problem I say he's says" that " I'm like I don't understand, he says " it's got a motor on it " I look up and down the shoreline and see dozens of boats with motors and say we'll what's this then. Anyways I had the last word the campground probably heard everything and the Rangers came by and said I'm not doing anything thing wrong just try and keep the peace, then the problem lied in the fact that everyone in the campground are all buddies and chum chum and the attitudes we received was cold just a bunch of miserable people, I mean we are all their for the same reason, unfortunately I will not be back even though it was my favorite fly-fishing body of water.whoooo I feel better. A few shots from recent and not so recent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150613_082425.jpg (67.8 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150613_140740.jpg (90.5 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140612_170814.jpg (76.2 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140612_151940.jpg (91.1 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg facebook-20141007-184547.jpg (34.9 KB, 385 views)
Old 06-15-2015, 08:16 PM

at least you got into some fish, if you got skunked that woulda really been a downer
Old 06-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear that you had so many problems in BC. I've fished BC a lot and yes sometimes you'll run into some A-holes, but that can happen anywhere.
One thing I have noticed is that the RCMP and the wildlife officers really like to stick it those with AB lic. plates.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Banned

You must not have had BC Hydro backing you, everyone in camp would have been your friend.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 PM

Nice fish, too bad you had a bad experience. What lake was the bad campground at? I'd gladly avoid those idiots
Old 06-15-2015, 11:33 PM

Really. Its the people not bc iv met a lot of ass holes in alberta , their everywhere
Old 06-15-2015, 11:58 PM

I hope you held him under for at least four minutes? Sorry to hear you ran into such a twit.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:42 AM

It's not a BC only phenomenon.

Try the NW next time you go. A lot more lakes, a lot more rivers and a lot less people to run into. Anywhere south of Williams Puddle is far too touristy and locals really get tired of having to compete with tourists to enjoy their back yard.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 06-16-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
Really. Its the people not bc iv met a lot of ass holes in alberta , their everywhere
You know your absolutely right theirs a-holes every where,ive just have this habit of running into at least one every trip and don't really understand why.im the type of guy that if I'm catching fish and others aren't I will go out of my way to help others out,im very friendly and approachable and tend to talk too much in the way of fishing, flys and or spots,so when crap like that happens I kinda get a little bitter.I will be back fishing in b.c just not at white swan, the one incident that happend last year their was the parks crew did $5000 worth of damages on my truck while it was sitting in their lot.They eventually paid for it but it was a struggle. Just a heads up for anyone going their this year the trout population in the lake is way down you'll still catch fish just not nearly as many. Cheers
Old 06-16-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post

Try the NW next time you go. A lot more lakes, a lot more rivers and a lot less people to run into. Anywhere south of Williams Puddle is far too touristy and locals really get tired of having to compete with tourists to enjoy their back yard.
I'm actually in the process of looking that way as I'm going to take the family out for a week holiday,so let the research begin.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1 View Post
I'm not sure what others experiences are when they go to b.c but my track record is brutal. I've lived in alberta all my life and have never had soo many issues then in b.c. Some examples are, some guys stealing from you, not ounce but twice and the last one was 4000$ worth of fishing gear in witch I did my own investigation and found my own stuff cause the rcmp who took my report shows up in burmuda shorts and I thought great I know we're this ain't going. (that's a story all in its self) , followed and pulled over countless times by police and was even given a bogas ticket ounce. This last one really burns me,in fact ruined my well needed holiday. Showed up at camp found one lake side site some dude comes out from the other camp and says " who are you? What do you want? " were like here to camp and do some fishing, so any way get through that, set up and go fishing. Get back now the lake is calm and I thought this is a good time to try my new rc boat out (battery) take it to the lake right at camp start running the boat and our friendly neighbor comes flying down the hill and says " you've got to be kidding me! " I'm standing there dumbfounded and say what, he says " you've got to be #$#$#$ kidding me " what's the problem I say he's says" that " I'm like I don't understand, he says " it's got a motor on it " I look up and down the shoreline and see dozens of boats with motors and say we'll what's this then. Anyways I had the last word the campground probably heard everything and the Rangers came by and said I'm not doing anything thing wrong just try and keep the peace, then the problem lied in the fact that everyone in the campground are all buddies and chum chum and the attitudes we received was cold just a bunch of miserable people, I mean we are all their for the same reason, unfortunately I will not be back even though it was my favorite fly-fishing body of water.whoooo I feel better. A few shots from recent and not so recent.
Not surprised at all. Really have no desire to go to BC these days, too many people rude just because you are from Alberta. Spend your money here.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Gone Hunting

Not surprised. You can see the bad attitude on this forum from some B.C. posters.

It used to be a friendly place but then I moved to Alberta, and now it's friendly here.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Banned

Maybe Albertans would be better treated in Saskatchewan or Manitoba ?
Old 06-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Gone Hunting

That's a given, but I do know a few good folks from B.C.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
Maybe Albertans would be better treated in Saskatchewan or Manitoba ?
Sarcasm aside, yeah they most likely would. Been my experience anyway.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 PM

You think fishing is bad in BC try knocking on doors for permission to hunt.

Spent 3 days begging for permission to hunt turkeys this after the BC govt gave me the run a round just to buy a license.

Never again for me hunting or fishing.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 PM

Just put some moss in your hair, spray down with some Patchoulii,roll up some left handed cigarettes and make a bunch of Sounds like a dolphin and you won't have anymore trouble out there lol.......doh.......couldn't resist.....
Old 06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

I know that some of us sound off on other provinces sometimes, but away from the keyboard I really don't know anyone here in Alberta (people I know anyway) that take it upon themselves to be deliberately rude to people from other provinces just because they are from another province, or a certain province.

I don't understand it really. Politics aside, being rude to people you don't know just because they from a certain place? Why?
Old 06-16-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
That's a given, but I do know a few good folks from B.C.
X2 I've gained many new friends over the years.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1 View Post
I'm actually in the process of looking that way as I'm going to take the family out for a week holiday,so let the research begin.
If you want lakes, north or south of Hwy 16 between Vanderhoof and Houston there are literally hundreds of options. For rivers, there's many good ones along the way but the fishing is run dependent so timing is key. Could even fish for White Sturgeon in the couple hundred pound range in the Nechako near Ft. St. James.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 PM

Since you said you won't be back you mind saying where you were. I'm a bc resident now and there are many lakes to fish but always looking for good places to try. Too bad so many people have to be rude. I've already been threatened several times for posting fishing videos at people's spot. I'm not doing anything wrong. They don't know the rules themselves and try to enforce their fabricated laws.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 06-16-2015, 07:59 PM

Default Bc

One thing I have learned over the years is park so your Alberta plates are backed up the bush so they can't see them, makes a huge difference in attitudes towards you. It helps if you drive a beater as well.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Banned

Who does the B.C. Fish Cop always harass? It is the people with Alberta licence plates, never the Kamloops locals who scurry into the bush with their garbage bags of tiny fish breaking every darn law there is.

You ask the Fish and Wildlife officer why they do not check the locals. They tell me that is none of my business. You should see some of Fish and Wildlife officers out of Clearwater B.C. They look like the progeny of a brother sister marriage.

This has become a friggin joke. I have tried to talk to the Ministry of Fisheries in Victoria about abuses against Albertans and had no reply.

I am a CNR fisherman all the way. If B.C. does not want Alberta money spent in their province things must be pretty good. Just make sure no transfer payments from Alberta make it to those bums in BC.

I remember one inbred BC officer asking me if I had a licence for my pellet gun. I said no. He asked me to show my pellet gun. I said it was in Alberta.

Last edited by greylynx; 06-16-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Lets just take a sampling from the conversations from Albertans on this forum:

1. If you're from B.C. you're inbred
2. If your hutterite, your a poacher
3. If you're Asian, you illegally introduce Asian Carp, Perch and Poach
4. If you're First Nations, you think you're entitled poach and think the rules don't apply to you.
5. If you're English, you illegally introduce Carp

If you speed though someone else's jurisdiction with a target on your back (and enough do it), then expect to be targeted, B.C. drivers get similar treatment here.

Ultimately if you look / act different, someone will target you, being aware of that is just being street-wise. Bigotry and Prejudice is rife the world over, Alberta is no different.

You're not from around here are you?

Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lets just take a sampling from the conversations from Albertans on this forum:

1. If you're from B.C. you're inbred
2. If your hutterite, your a poacher
3. If you're Asian, you illegally introduce Asian Carp, Perch and Poach
4. If you're First Nations, you think you're entitled poach and think the rules don't apply to you.
5. If you're English, you illegally introduce Carp

If you speed though someone else's jurisdiction with a target on your back (and enough do it), then expect to be targeted, B.C. drivers get similar treatment here.

Ultimately if you look / act different, someone will target you, being aware of that is just being street-wise. Bigotry and Prejudice is rife the world over, Alberta is no different.
Saying things on a keyboard is one thing, being rude to someone in person because they are from somewhere else is quite another.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
Since you said you won't be back you mind saying where you were.
Lol...here comes the vulture.

As for BC residents...if you don't have a BC license plate on the front of your truck, they won't give you the time of day. They clearly proved to us they don't want tourists when they implemented the classified waters. Since then when I go to BC, truck is filled in AB, food/supplies purchased in AB, they can have my money for a yearly license and that's it. The thing that really burns me is when you see BC guides over in AB so their clients don't have to pay the classified water fees.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:48 AM

So much animosity all in one place.....
Old 06-17-2015, 10:50 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post

I grew up just east of Williams lake.....no fish there, nope, TONS of fish in the lower mainland though....try there

In a all Seriousness you're right, anywhere basically north of Highway 1 is free from 80% of the population of BC and Alberta. Plus the fishing is tough to match.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I don't see much off a difference, it's offensive either way. Someone who is prepared make comments like that but not be prepared to say them in person is only afraid of the potential consequences / direct confrontation, kind of cowardly IMHO.

Because somebody is afraid of that confrontation and coming off the worse for it,
they will say it anonymously, or trash your vehicle when you're not looking.

Bottom line is some are ignorant, get over it and deal with it, it's life. And yes if you don't want to increase your chances of being targeted out of province (or anywhere away from home), park your vehicle with your plate hidden and don't unnecessarily raise your profile.

Hide your plate? Seriously?? When the time comes that I have to seriously consider doing that there are bigger problems than just a few ignorant people.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpppark View Post
One thing I have learned over the years is park so your Alberta plates are backed up the bush so they can't see them, makes a huge difference in attitudes towards you. It helps if you drive a beater as well.
They still know unless you have a bc plate on the front, 2 plates mandatory in bc, I have a real good buddy in castlegar, and he let me in on a hole on the Columbia, I've had a mirror busted off, and my plate bent in half, pretty sure just cause of my plate, now when I go I put my bc plates in box of truck, and swap when parked, haven't had an incident since, which I think is hilarious, as my plates haven't been registered since I move to ab 23 yrs ago..

Last edited by bubba 96; 06-17-2015 at 11:12 AM.