Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Your funny. I actually spoke to three biologists today with a message to one more. You think they will pass that concern on? Not bloomin likely. Oh there will be letters to biologists. CC'ed to MLA's and Ministers.
No chuck you are the funny guy. Call and talk to them. You don't need to write a letter to them. As for the minister good luck he don't know jack other than what SRD tells him. Your MLA is not going to do much either except for telling you he will see what he can do and go back to doing nothing but spending tax money on trips and parties.
I truly wish you luck. I think you are wasting your time though.

Last edited by residentguide; 07-25-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by residentguide View Post
no. I think only sheep should be put on that cap lotto. I think people should quit complaining and deal with it cause if it goes the cap lotto you may never draw a tag as a kid.
Ok just misunderstood what you said and wanted to check.

If we could get ESRD to understand management we could drop wait times huge but that group of retards got their helmets on to tight and sit around eating far to many crayons to fix anything!!!

Quote:
No chick you are the funny guy. Call and talk to them. You don't need to write a letter to them. As for the minister good luck he don't know jack other than what SRD tells him. Your MLA I not going to do much either except for telling you he will see what he can do and go back to doing nothing but spending tax money on trips and parties.
I truly wish you luck. It you are wasting your time though.
Good idea. I'll call and talk to some biologists.

-Billy Molls
Banned

Quote:
So why not start the non happy now?
Lol spoken like a sheep hunter that is not at the top of one of the draws. I am not either. I just think they should get a tag after they put all those years in.

Last edited by residentguide; 07-25-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I never said ban anything. Learn to read or do I need to speak Newfie? I said all the crap people are complaining about and want to stop or ban and or raise prices does nothing cause our population is going to more then double in the next 10 years. Understand?
Wow, defensive much and hate on for newfies much. I never once claimed you said ban anything. That was my tounge in check way of saying that this is what it's coming to and a response to your post. Learn to read yourself
Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
This post should make people realize what the outcome of our division will lead to. We all have one shared past time, hunting! I don't have to agree with all of Chuck's points, but he is very passionate about hunting and it's future, that I can respect. To everyone else, type less and think more, we're in it together!
Leo M.
You sir got the point of my post. Unlike Mr residentguide
Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Banned

Default Resident guide

Wth?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Wth?
Pretty sure Resident guide is Chris G. Now does it make sense?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Wow, defensive much and hate on for newfies much. I never once claimed you said ban anything. That was my tounge in check way of saying that this is what it's coming to and a response to your post. Learn to read yourself
nothing against anybody from the rock just a little joking around as you said earlier you were from there and one of my best buds are from there. So I am sorry as I was not trying to be a D$&k. I misunderstood your post.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Wth?
what you don't like reality?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
Sure the hell not that douche bag. He is a bad name for any outdoorsmen or even a human.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Really??? You guys cant tell who it is.... LOL

It is Whitetailjunkies Daddy better known as Track. And yes he is a returning banned member.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post

It is Whitetailjunkies Daddy better known as Track. And yes he is a returning banned member.
Really, you can't tell who it is? WJs daddy was last known as Flint but has kept his current profile on a much more low key level. RG isn't that lowlife Gerritse either. I swear nobody really pays attention to much around here.

At any rate, Chuck those ideas are pretty good. If you need a signature for a petition let me know. For others with some ideas of their own surrounding the topic, well this is a pretty blatant display of how much stupid there is in the world.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I'm going to send a letter to the Minister of SRD and Finance in regards to wait times for draws. I have the support of several like minded individuals and will be getting their signatures on the letter. If anyone has a suggestion on any additions let me know. Here are the points I will be making or requesting a change to.

1. Increase draw application fees with a suggestion of $10. This will insure those that feel the need to apply for themselves, their dog, their wife, and their aunt Gertrude just because they can to cover all bases and see what they can draw for will at least think about it first. And maybe they will decide what species they really want to hunt. It will also encourage a bit of research into the tag being applied for.

2. Increase tag fees for special licence "trophy" animals with a suggestion to start at $150. This will also ensure a second thought on what they want to hunt as well. It will also have me personally staggering draws to stay married and solvent. This in and of itself will decrease wait times. Despite the opinion of the 999 detractors. Again, this will also encourage a bit of research into the tag being applied for.

3. Either a mandatory purchase of the tag successfully drawn for within a certain time frame or a mandatory requirement to leave a CC # at the time of application and the automatic purchase upon successful application.

4. The mandatory reporting of harvest or non harvest and use of your tag. You will have to report within 30 days of the close of your season or will automatically forfeit your ability to apply for any draw or purchase of any tag the following year. If you forget, to bad, and you likely won't do it twice.
I agree with all the points, but if the government starts making more money, it needs to go somewhere other than the general revenue fund. I'd gladly pay more if I knew it was going to enforcement or habitat.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post

Ahh now it makes sense, It was throwing me off because there was some thought into some of his posts. My bad....
Old 07-26-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Sure the hell not that douche bag. He is a bad name for any outdoorsmen or even a human.
LOL my appologies!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
I agree with all the points, but if the government starts making more money, it needs to go somewhere other than the general revenue fund. I'd gladly pay more if I knew it was going to enforcement or habitat.
That is why I'm including the minister of finance.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-26-2014, 08:52 AM

Last edited by coreya3212; 07-26-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: useless comment that didnot add to the thread
Old 07-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer View Post
Really, you can't tell who it is? WJs daddy was last known as Flint but has kept his current profile on a much more low key level. RG isn't that lowlife Gerritse either. I swear nobody really pays attention to much around here.
It is WJ's daddy, don't care how many names he goes by that's who it is.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:44 AM

Default There are simpler solutions

Quote:
I'm going to send a letter to the Minister of SRD and Finance in regards to wait times for draws. I have the support of several like minded individuals and will be getting their signatures on the letter. If anyone has a suggestion on any additions let me know. Here are the points I will be making or requesting a change to.

1. Increase draw application fees with a suggestion of $10. This will insure those that feel the need to apply for themselves, their dog, their wife, and their aunt Gertrude just because they can to cover all bases and see what they can draw for will at least think about it first. And maybe they will decide what species they really want to hunt. It will also encourage a bit of research into the tag being applied for.

[SIZE="5"]Some can afford it, some can't. We are blessed with a abundant diversity of big game in Alberta, 'what you REALLY want to hunt for is irrelevant'. /SIZE]

2. Increase tag fees for special licence "trophy" animals with a suggestion to start at $150. This will also ensure a second thought on what they want to hunt as well. It will also have me personally staggering draws to stay married and solvent. This in and of itself will decrease wait times. Despite the opinion of the 999 detractors. Again, this will also encourage a bit of research into the tag being applied for.

Nobody has a 'right' to a trophy animal! Staggering draws is a personal decision which is effective to maximizing you chance of harvesting the animal you are drawn for. I'm not sure if costing the other guys out of the game will reduce your wait time.

3. Either a mandatory purchase of the tag successfully drawn for within a certain time frame or a mandatory requirement to leave a CC # at the time of application and the automatic purchase upon successful application.

Not a bad idea. I think the number of guys drawn but not buying a license is insignificant to what you are trying to accomplish.

4. The mandatory reporting of harvest or non harvest and use of your tag. You will have to report within 30 days of the close of your season or will automatically forfeit your ability to apply for any draw or purchase of any tag the following year. If you forget, to bad, and you likely won't do it twice.
Catching guys in an additional administrative trap is not good practice. If the info was vital from a population census stand point, then yes, but how you have it worded is just more bureaucracy.

If you want to increase animals in the field and reduce wait times, heres my thoughts.

1) Abolish landowner antlered mule deer entitlement.
2) Shut down nonresident and nonresident aliens draws on more trophy species. Model Saskatchewan on their mule deer system.

Instant increase in available resident hunting over night. We don't need to host the world!!! They are moving here in droves anyway!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertahunter View Post
Catching guys in an additional administrative trap is not good practice. If the info was vital from a population census stand point, then yes, but how you have it worded is just more bureaucracy.

If you want to increase animals in the field and reduce wait times, heres my thoughts.

1) Abolish landowner antlered mule deer entitlement.
2) Shut down nonresident and nonresident aliens draws on more trophy species. Model Saskatchewan on their mule deer system.

Instant increase in available resident hunting over night. We don't need to host the world!!! They are moving here in droves anyway!
so as stated in earlier post. Anything that we do is only going to bandaid the problem till numbers of people increase by 30%. People are moving here at a rate that will double the population in the next 10 years. Ask yourself what any of these ideas are going to do to help things out then.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
so as stated in earlier post. Anything that we do is only going to bandaid the problem till numbers of people increase by 30%. People are moving here at a rate that will double the population in the next 10 years. Ask yourself what any of these ideas are going to do to help things out then.
How does requiring proof of residency and limiting certain species to residents only band aid the situation?

You could argue that about any change....is only temporary.

Animal numbers remain relatively constant while demand increases and habitat diminishes....

Any change for the better is still change for the better.

LC
Old 07-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
How does requiring proof of residency and limiting certain species to residents only band aid the situation?

You could argue that about any change....is only temporary.

Animal numbers remain relatively constant while demand increases and habitat diminishes....

Any change for the better is still change for the better.

LC
Yes the residency thing needs to change to fix things short term. If that takes 10% of the people out be we have in the next 5 years a 50% increase in qualified residents how does that change the problem? Only fix it makes is people double dipping go away. We can all expect major wait time in the very near future.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Yes the residency thing needs to change to fix things short term. If that takes 10% of the people out be we have in the next 5 years a 50% increase in qualified residents how does that change the problem? Only fix it makes is people double dipping go away. We can all expect major wait time in the very near future.
At least it's a start. If you eliminate the double dippers, and then make everyone pay for their tag if drawn, it won't cure the problem entirely, but it will certainly help.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:28 AM

For those of you who wish to ban landowner tags, would you please present me with one God-given reason why I would allow access to my land to hunt an animal I support year-round for your enjoyment, not mine.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
My wife drew a bull Moose tag after 15 years of applying. That same tag was 7 or 8 years the last time around and it will be 30 years before it happens again.

They give 6 tags in that particular zone and last year we know of 2 of those tag holders that never hunted them after they realized it was a bit of work. Now tell me how we can weed that type of hunter out of the draw pool. It is doing absolutey nobody any favours. Unless of course you happened to be one of the other 4.
What a putz comment. A Zone on that kind of priority is limited by animal numbers. Guys not filling tags means numbers grow faster. Get padt your own blinded greed.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
At least it's a start. If you eliminate the double dippers, and then make everyone pay for their tag if drawn, it won't cure the problem entirely, but it will certainly help.
paying more or auto pay if drawn does nothing at all for anything other than giving more tax money.
Paying more will not change anything but make people apply only for antlered and horn tags. This will increase tag wait times big time.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
For those of you who wish to ban landowner tags, would you please present me with one God-given reason why I would allow access to my land to hunt an animal I support year-round for your enjoyment, not mine.
Why should you get a free pass to a trophy tag every year? Trust me they will be changing landowner tags as this problem gets worse.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Why should you get a free pass to a trophy tag every year? Trust me they will be changing landowner tags as this problem gets worse.
Because without them (landowners) there would be no game to hunt anyway. Its the landowner that make it possible for us to hunt on their land. Why shouldn't they have first access to those animals?
Old 07-26-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Because without them (landowners) there would be no game to hunt anyway. Its the landowner that make it possible for us to hunt on their land. Why shouldn't they have first access to those animals?
I think that some tweaking to the land owner tags could include:

... only anterless animals (landowners are still eligible to enter regular draws)
... If they obtain a LO tag then they are not eligible to increase priority in regular draws for the years they hold a landowner tag

LC