Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 09:01 AM

One more thing I forgot to put in my post was that "I don't care what others have to say about what I post." I do it so that I can share my experiences and hopefully others will too. If someone has something negative to say I just ignore them now mainly because (as Nube mentioned) they are jealous or anti this or anti that.
The only way to defeat these "Cyber Terrorists" is to be unaffected by them and continue doing things the way you chose.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineguy View Post
One more thing I forgot to put in my post was that "I don't care what others have to say about what I post." I do it so that I can share my experiences and hopefully others will too. If someone has something negative to say I just ignore them now mainly because (as Nube mentioned) they are jealous or anti this or anti that.
The only way to defeat these "Cyber Terrorists" is to be unaffected by them and continue doing things the way you chose.
Thanks very much for the pictures and stories you post.
I was in a rut for awhile in life and some of your adventure stories with your horses helped me get back there myself with mine.
Thank you!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Of all the trip reports I've seen, your wagon pack trips are a bucket list trip for me. I live vicariously through those. I hunt in some of the same areas you've posted trips, and hike in on day trips, but to take horses way back in and enjoy the ride and camp etc. is just awesome.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well I'm gonna be honest. I am jealous of you're hunting trips alpine. Might even call it envious. You post some great stories and pictures. I've enjoyed everything you've posted and hope you continue to do so.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Well I'm gonna be honest. I am jealous of you're hunting trips alpine. Might even call it envious. You post some great stories and pictures. I've enjoyed everything you've posted and hope you continue to do so.
I must concur, super pics and stories!
Cat
Old 12-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
Thanks very much for the pictures and stories you post.
I was in a rut for awhile in life and some of your adventure stories with your horses helped me get back there myself with mine.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Of all the trip reports I've seen, your wagon pack trips are a bucket list trip for me. I live vicariously through those. I hunt in some of the same areas you've posted trips, and hike in on day trips, but to take horses way back in and enjoy the ride and camp etc. is just awesome.
Quote:
Not sure where you all are located but you should try and come out to wing night for a visit.........I've ended up taking a couple fellas on the elk trip as a result. Also go fishing up North twice a year which is always a memorable trip too.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure where you all are located but you should try and come out to wing night for a visit.........I've ended up taking a couple fellas on the elk trip as a result. Also go fishing up North twice a year which is always a memorable trip too.
Thanks for the invite but I'm along ways away for wing night. Much appreciated. Where's north fishing?
Old 12-08-2017, 07:47 PM

^^^ X's 4 AG. Awesome idea for sure.

Doing what we want to do and to heck with those that "choose" to not follow along.

Cat suggested to me a while back. Pass by the negative posts that don't apply us, and carry on with support of those who do. This is by far the best tool going.

Don
Old 12-09-2017, 01:58 AM

I have not even been here for 6 months yet and I have no clue what it's been like before, so I cannot comment on that. I can, however, comment on the fact hat people do not post about their hunts, etc for the most part. Even worse, they do not even comment on other people's threads either, which I am guilty of too.

I don't even go to the general discussion section anymore. I did when I joined and I think I even posted there once. Other than that, I found there is no point because it is mostly complaining or complaining about complaining, or complaining about complaining of others complaining, etc. It's just a lot of complaining, about the government, stupid people, people who drive fast, people who drive slow, pedestrians, etc. Lots of threads start with something along the lines of "I have never thought I would live to see this..." Well, neither have I and I am only 36. So yes, no point in participating.

Maybe many of you "old" guys ("old" meaning hunting and being here for a while) have lost that feeling of being out, enjoying the moment of it and sharing it with others. Could that be it? I don't know.

I had started a thread called "How is your season going?" back in August. It reached all the way to page four! Which is great, no complaints; and I thank everyone who participated. To note, many of those who did participate, had already created their own threads for their hunts. Many just stated that they killed this and that so far. Which is just fine.

I have described a few days of my hunting season in the aforementioned thread and a couple of other threads with some detail and a few photos. The photos were of just the surroundings and nothing more, really, but hardly anyone seemed to care. Which is also fine.

I am a new guy here and fairly new to hunting as well. I enjoy posting about my hunts and about my days out in general. I mostly do it for myself than for anyone else. I went through the aforementioned thread earlier today and I quite enjoyed it.

Long story short, it is you guys who dictate what happened and happens from now on.

Lastly, I noticed that it is quite often we are reminded of the fact that this a business and a for profit and what not site. So if the owners take notice and really upgrade their stuff and make it easier for people to post their photos and videos(!), maybe things will turn around.

Best regards to all around!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the invite but I'm along ways away for wing night. Much appreciated. Where's north fishing?
45 miles NW of Otter Lake Sask (by air only)